Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dressing to de-stress

dressing to de-stress

Hi,
    I had a thought recently: when I worked at a hospital there was a strict dress code (pun not intended) we had to wear black trousers, shirt and tie, and white coat and when I got home from work I changed into jeans and a tee shirt; just changing my clothes changed my thinking too: I stopped thinking about work and relaxed.
    In my present job there is no dress code or uniform - I wear jeans and tee shirt to work and I wear a tee shirt and jeans at home - apart from when I crossdress to relax.
    Does that relate to you too?
    luv J

I am semi retired and only work 12 days a month but as a nurse and very male!! Wear a uniform that is dark blue! Wear jeans and t shirt when at home relaxed and can not crossdress(under dress with panties and have toenails painted at all times when not at work!) Often wear female t shirts(plain solid color but cut for female in that I can feel the difference from male t shirt!!) So I guess it does relate to me, too!!! Hugs Lana Mae

I work mostly outdoors, Jeans and t shirt type of work, operating machinery and physical labor.

So when I get in the house, shower and put on something soft and pretty, Yes the stress of the day melts away and I can relax.

Joan

Totally agree. After a stressful day, dressing, especially slipping on some nylon stockings definitely has a noticeable calming effect on me. In fact, when I'm tired or stressed, my wife will suggest I "relax", which has become our term for my dressing. Since she doesn't like wearing hose or underwires, she doesn't understand how these things can have a calming effect. I just smile.

Same has happened at my house NancySue. One evening sitting with my wife I was fussing about
    something that had happened,she just said why don't you get into your nighty and get happy.

Joan

I used to think it was pretty funny. Many women can't wait to get home from work so they can take their bra off. Many of us can't wait to get home from work to put our bra on.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Dressing simultaneously stresses and de-stresses me. Once dressed I feel a calm and peacefulness come over me, but because I'm closeted the stress of being caught is always there.

I know that I am more relaxed when I can dress.

I tend not to notice it as I'm "too close" to the problem. My wife has commented on this to me more than once.

In fact there are times when she has wanted to give me time to dress to get me to calm down.

I definetly relax very well when I dress in female attire. And in a very stressed period at Work, just a single evening donning a dress or whatever seems to take the Edge off for a handfull of days.

Louise.
    Last edited by Louise DK; 08-12-2016 at 07:03 AM. Reason: language and the damn danish spelling control

After a stressful day, I like to dress and relax. Something about being fem, relaxes you as it feels so comfortable.
    Part Time Girl

I feel more relaxed and happier in myself

Platinum Member
    I worked for thirty years in an office where I wore dress slacks, shined shoes, dress shirt and tie. When I got home I stripped down to a beat up pair of cutoff jeans and tee shirts sans socks and shoes. I still feel more comfortable wearing that attire. Even more than wearing one of my numerous dresses. Stephanie really comes out when I am overly stressed.

Last week I had a function to attend where I did wear slacks, shirt and tie and had shined shoes. It actually felt great to dress very masculine, and, it was appreciated by my wife who wore a dress herself for the occasion.

Dressing in Fm when I can helps me relax. Igeta chance to be my true self.

I recently went through a terribly stressful time at work. I changed to female clothing as soon as I got home, and "poof!" All the stress disappeared. If I hadn't had that outlet I probably would have gone crazy or ended up in the hospital or worse. Dressing saved my sanity, if not my life.

I had a couple jobs where when I would come home and change into guy clothes/jammies/whatever I would feel like a normal person again. Luckily I'm not in those jobs anymore. But I remember one time talking to my wife on the phone after having a super stressfull day and saying "I really just need to come home and put on a skirt." Lol!
    Ciao,
    Scarlett

it has a huge effect on me , i really only dress fully when i am traveling on buisness and in my hotel room. Nothing relaxes me more when i get to take a night and get all dolled up. My wife is aware and supportive of me dressing and knows how much it relaxes me. At home when stressed i will put on a bra and for what ever reason it melts away all the stress that i am under at a given time. (cant dress at home as my wife doesnt want t see me fully dressed and we have to adult kids living at home.

Yes, yes!

After a hard day, nothing compares to slipping into a bra and makeup. If I am really stressed, I reach for my stockings, suspender belt & heels.

But the more I dress, the more it becomes an effort (getting the stocking seams straight), so many times it's just the bra under a see-through top.

Crossresssing is a superb way to relax and de-stress. This is a major aspect for me.

thank you all for your replies,
    luv j

Aspiring Member
    I too wear t-shirt/jeans to work, and I do enjoy that aspect of my job (it is easier on the pocketbook when it comes to the wardrobe too).

When I get home from work, shower, I slip into a pair of panties. I don't have time to dress up as Wendy, but when the weekend comes Wendy is in full bloom. And yes, even with panties I do feel my work stress melting away.

I dress to relieve stress also. Some days when I have a real bad day at work I cannot wait to get home and put on a bra and some nice panties.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda E. Woodworth View Post
    I know that I am more relaxed when I can dress.

I tend not to notice it as I'm "too close" to the problem. My wife has commented on this to me more than once.

In fact there are times when she has wanted to give me time to dress to get me to calm down.
    Linda, I'm in exactly the same position as you, my wife recognises when I need to de-stress and she will encourage me to dress, in front of her though, she doesn't mind, even at times, when I have been dressed for a while when she's been out, Unknown to her she can tell I've been dressed, purely because I behave differently, she says I'm happier and more relaxed, so it obviously has got a big effect on us.

Usually when I need to spend a lot of time on the computer I, at the very least, I under dress. Once I was having a lot of trouble and calling my Mac various names, I heard my wife yell from the other room "put on a bra! "
    Cara

Great post!! I lead a very busy and sometimes hectic lifestyle. I have no one to blame but myself for that, but when I really need a break from it one of the best ways to relieve my stress is to spend half the day dressing and taking photos. I find it so relaxing (when things are going well...hair, makeup outfits) and very rewarding. Crossdressing is one of the only things I do where I actually slow down and get to really enjoy my life. Jeez.....I should do it more than once or twice a month huh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Lauren[/SIZE]

I work from home as an accountant and taxation agent for small business.
    Every day I under-dress in bra and panties and every late afternoon I get "changed" as my Mother always said she was doing.
    So every evening I am fully femme in my clothing. When combined with a glass of wine and my wife's company it is easy to forget work and tax problems.