Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD's is dressing fun for u or not?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question CD's is dressing fun for u or not?

It's not all fun and games for me. It's very time consuming. A lot of work and effort go into creating Sherry. And, the "going out dressed" part is ALWAYS a stretch for me.

However, over all, I get more pleasure, satisfaction, and pure joy from dressing than anything else in my life!
    When it stops being fun I reckon I'll quit and edit Sherry's photos.

Is it fun for u? If so, why?
    If it isn't, why not?

(CD's only please. If u dress every day or very often, I expect it's not "fun" anymore. Simply ordinary.)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Gorgeous one-piece Sherry, you look amazing.

My femme side is more active again at the moment and it feels wonderful. 'Fun' doesn't do it justice, it's more like an exciting glow of pleasure at being closer to whole again.
    I used to have a short attention spa

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Well, it's still great fun. I love the whole package. The dressing up, the being dressed and out, the watching women and thinking about their look. Even the correspondence here and elsewhere with other CD's. The texture of the clothing and the feeling of makeup. The whole change in body posture and attitude.

Yeah, I still love it all.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I agree. It is work, and time consuming. And going out is still a stressful stretch for me too. i have only been out once this year so far, due to heat and humidity, and family hell. Right now, too stressed out to want to dress. Guilt and shame still happen, too. Women i am interested in so far always drop any interest in me, when i tell them, or show pics. It can be very strong compulsion and addictive, and keep me from doing things i need to do. But, it is fun, when i do get completely dolled up. And, i am artistic, and it is a work of creativity, and artistic endeavor.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 08-10-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Well you know my answer RS. Of course it's fun and an art form.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

For me, despite (or possibly because of) the effort required, it is fun. It's time that is just for me and it really helps with stress relief.

Elizabeth

For now , it is fun, because it is stress relieving and I can see a side of me I would not see otherwise!! Love the feel of the clothes, the taste of the lipstick, the pinch of clip on earrings, yes I like it a lot and it is fun!!! Hugs Lana Mae

Totally fun. Relaxing and yet in part a sexual thrill. I love the feel of the dress draping over my legs. I also like the feeling and appearance of having breasts.👙👗👠

Just because crossdressing (and preparation) is time consuming and involves work to some extent doesn't mean it can't be fun. As it is with the hunting, fishing, and other activities I like to do.
    Why is it fun? Hard question to answer. I crossdress because some unknown mysterious internal drive compels me. Fun is a result, a by-product. Others say they dress for stress relief, but I believe that it, too, is a by-product, not a cause, of dressing. Only crossdressers dress for fun and stress relief, right?
    To some extent, the amount of enjoyment is related to the amount of effort, whether crossdressing, hunting, fishing, gardening, woodworking, golf, working on cars, playing a musical instrument, etc. For me, there is little fun and no reward in buying someone else's work, such as video games. It would be like someone putting a fish on my hook so I can reel it in.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Sherry, I'm out dressed very often, some four or so days a week, and have been for over four years now but it is still fun. Sure dressing and make up take a lot of time and effort but the reward of a day femme is always rewarding and thoroughly enjoyable.

I do need some purpose to my femme time. That now comes from being able to work femme.

A few years back I joined an every-second-Saturday CD support group. I found the monthly requirement too much and quickly lost interest as getting ready was no longer fun. I dropped out after a couple of years and my fun level went up!

A lot of work? Getting ready is fun or else I wouldn't do it and with practice and repetition it gets so much more easier and less work ergo fun. Being out and about can be mundane but so enjoyable at the same time, my male self is too serious , but when en-femme I'm more open and joyful, so yes it's FUN!!!
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes it is fun for me Sherry and while yes it has become ordinary in a sense its still fun and for me the fun is picking the right color or combination of colors and putting on the makeup to make it look as natural as I can, yes it does take time to do theses things but it is fun and to be out among others makes it worth the effort
    Leigh

Platinum Member
    Hi Sherry, So the ends justify the means ?? ,
    Yes they sure do for me it is seeing the lovely lady in the mirror smiling back at me ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The art of displaying your feminine side never gets old and is always fun. There is so many feminine things that many women have given up that we are discovering. i guess that make us archaeologists. LOL
    Part Time Girl

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Definitely a lot of work. Most definitely a lot of fun

For me it's always fun - and getting ready (dressed) is never a chore, I don't let dressing consume the major amount of time 20-30 mins unless I do extensive makeup which generally isn't necessary. I would rather enjoy being dressed than getting dressed accompanied by a trip out, if only a short while...................................Debra

The feel of the fabric, the look in the mirror,and the review of others who present so well. Like others here the sensual pleasures leads to a stirring of the imagination and a sexual component. Admire those who put so much effort into their look, and take such great care of themselves. Sherry especially you.

I dress every day, whether, it one or two things to entire, is always fun. Oh, the decisions deciding what to wear...what fun. I may change attire once or twice during the day or night. It's so much fun trying different combinations, wigs, jewelry, nail polish color, etc. Where I have the most fun is putting on my makeup. I've been happily working on contouring, face, neck, breasts, etc. The first attempts were not very good, but with practice, things are looking much, much better. It's double fun to have good results.

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    Mostly it is enjoyable now and a times fun, but it's hard to reconcile that when your partner doesn't want to see you .

A while ago I posted a thread asking if other members enjoyed their double life, that's how it is for me , that's not the fun part !

The fun part is putting the outfit together, getting ready and driving to meet other like minded people.
    Last edited by Teresa; 08-10-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Absolutely it's fun. Of course there's more to it, but it's the main reason I dress.
    Last edited by Sarah Louise; 08-11-2016 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Appalling spelling

For me, it's too much work to dress up every day. However, to dress and go out in public a few days every month is a lot of fun. I really enjoy the human interaction I have with sales associates, waitresses, bank tellers, or whoever else I might encounter when out and about. It's nice to be admired and get the occasional compliment. Seeing others reaction (or non-reaction) to seeing me is generally fascinating. I certainly get more attention when out dressed as Phoebe. If it ever stops being fun, I will probably quit doing it.
    Phoebe

I can't call it fun. To me, it's just getting dressed, same as everyone else does each day. There's no enjoyment in it, it's just something that feels normal to do.

For example, how would you answer the question, "Is washing your hands fun for u or not?" or, "Is replacing a light bulb fun for u or not?"
    The answer most likely will b something like: It's just something that I do. It's not fun nor work.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm told I'm weird in that I accept challenges readily. I've learned that overcoming them typically provides tangible rewards. As we all know, there are many challenges associated with doing what we do. Some are relatively minor challenges, some much more daunting and significant. I'm having fun learning to apply makeup, select and coordinate outfits, reading the many great posts here that either provoke thought, or offer guidance, tips, inspiration, and solutions. I'm having fun learning to navigate the "pink fog" and really do enjoy hearing about the wonderful adventures you folks have. Am I having fun crossdressing.?? Darn right I am, and for the reasons above.

Karen

I think I like the shopping the best