Thread: First time out :)

First time out :)

Today I took the next step. not a big one, but a big one for me!
    I put a new wig on, my fave dress and a fitted suit jacket. Put my feet into my big girl size ten glossy pumps and......
    STOOD AT MY FRONT DOOR SCARED STIFF lol
    After a few moments to collect myself, I put my shoulders high and said what will be will be ......
    I walked out the door, walked to the end of my road and over the main road traffic lights where I had a builder check me out ( no weird look, just the up and down, so I hope I wasn't read ), then popped into the local doctors to book an appointment for tomorrow, the lady behind the counter clocked me straight away (close quarters and hell , I had to give my name!) but she was polite and didn't use sir or anything like that At the appointment I will be getting a referral to a gender therapist with all hope.
    I then headed back home feeling a lot more confident and content that for the FIRST TIME EVER, I, WAS ME on the outside with the fear replaced with pride

Lucy xXx

Attached Images Attached Images
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.... Scrap that, Set the unicorns freeeeee

2 things....

1) looking great
    2) well done, be proud of yourself
    You can't fly with the eagles if you sleep with the pigeons.

Not a big step???? That is a LEAP. Well done and I hope you have a better reception than I did (my doctor quietly laughing as I was closing his door on the way out). He/she probably won't be able to immediately refer you to a gender clinic. The next step will be two appointments for separate, local, psychiatrists just to check that you aren't doing this for the wrong reasons and to make sure that you aren't completely banana-loony. They will contact your GP who will then refer you to a GIC, probably Charing Cross. At each of these visits I would suggest you ask each person how soon they will be contacting the next person in the chain. You can't hurry this process but it doesn't hurt to try. Best of luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Lucy,

Wow, that was a huge step! I'm glad it went so well.

Elizabeth

Lucy, you go girl!! That was a giant leap, not a tiny step!!! Proud of you!! You look good even if you were clocked!! Onward and upward!! Hugs Lana Mae

Banned Read only
    Funny how turning the door handle is the scariest part of going out that first time. Like escaping from prison! Congratulations on your escape.

Just one note, few women walk any distance out doors in pumps. It's just not practical. Wear flats for the long walk and pack your pumps in large purse.

Hi, Lucy. I had to laugh, but how many of us suddenly almost pass out at the thought of going through that door to the outside world as our feminine selfs. I have done so for many years now and it still don't get any easier.

You look great, well done and a self-pat on the back

Gail XXXX

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you! Lovely photo

Good for you, Lucy. Things are moving very quickly for you aren't they? Of course, you will have to do what's right for you but don't forget, you don't have to rush into anything.

You look lovely in your pic btw.
    Last edited by Sarah Louise; 08-10-2016 at 03:00 PM.

Maybe it's a metric thing -- in the US that would be considered a rather sizable step. Not just going out your door, but then going to your doctor's office and setting up an appointment. Totally beats my first time.

You look great. You're on track. Now it's a matter of dealing with the calendar. Good luck.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Congrats Lucy, you did what you ultimately decided to do. The scale of your accomplishment is commendable by any standard.

Karen

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    Maybe it's a metric thing -- in the US that would be considered a rather sizable step. Not just going out your door, but then going to your doctor's office and setting up an appointment. Totally beats my first time.
    METRIC? No profanities please Jennie. I'm hoping for a resurgence in imperial sizing personally.

I think Lucy is indulging in the quintissential British past-time of massive understatement. Lucy, get real girl. You didn't just own it. You thumped it. Well done and I hope your new path lights up your life.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Good for you Lucy!

Welcome to the world!

OMG...the first time I went outside as a CD was back in May...I went to this secluded spot and drove past some road repair workers who saw me in the car...I stopped some distance away, drove off the road and shot a couple of videos all the while scared ****less they would come about and see me. I could barely talk lool. I posted one of the vids I shot there at my YouTube (link in my sig)...it was quite an intense experience...the adrenaline literally gave me a pump of the sort you get when working out.
    http://www.youtube.com/c/CatchQueen - My YouTube - I post there regularly

Congratulations, Lucy!! You look fantastic and that must have been hard for you. Way to go, girl!!

I am continually amazed at the experiences I have while out in the world as a woman.
    When I started going out into the world as a woman I was happy not to scare small children and animals. I travel all over the U.S. for business and use this time to go out and about in the world. I dress in business clothes and appear slightly better dressed then most women. I feel it’s important to blend in and not stick out and to dress age appropriate. I never thought that I could go to malls, get makeovers at MAC, visit the doctor, dine out, and enjoy museums. Over the years I’ve lost weight, improved my wardrobe, and developed my makeup skills. Today I am happy with my presentation as a woman. But even in my early days I’ve never had a problem with the public

Self acceptance is the big hurdle. I went out a few times back in the 90’s and always felt like I was doing something wrong. Today I truly don’t care if I am read. I feel like a woman when I am out and about. The confidence builds, and helps you become more accustom to your role as a woman in public. What happens next is a slow evolution into womanhood the more you go out as a woman the more you want to go out as woman. With this your presentation improves.

QLycc62m.jpg

Just-Lucy, two thumbs up to you.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Paula (at #16) you have it all together and certainly look the part.