Thread: is CDing being Heteroflexible?

Banned Spammer

Red face is CDing being Heteroflexible?

Its a new term buzzing around.
    "Heteroflexibility is a form of a sexual orientation or situational sexual behavior characterized by minimal homosexual activity in an otherwise primarily heterosexual orientation that is considered to distinguish it from bisexuality. It has been characterized as "mostly straight".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heteroflexibility
    Last edited by reinasblack; 08-10-2016 at 12:41 PM.

For me, I don't think so. I am a straight crossdresser. When dressed in am not ever attracted to males. Other girls here may think otherwise though. 🌺

Banned Read only
    Reinasblack,
    I hope this label doesn't take on because it's another one to confuse some of us and most of the public, we have to keep it simple if we're to be understood and accepted.

The term is not one I would consider using I'm bi-gender and have no interest in intimate male relationships.

Banned Read only
    Seems like "mostly nonsense."

Just a justification for someone who does not want to be seen as bi

Not a new term -- it's been around for a decade or more. However, as you note, it's a term of sexual orientation, not a term that has any relation to gender identity. The first time I was exposed to it was in the context of someone mansplaining how they could be attracted to TS/TV women while not being bisexual. I think it has validity as a concept -- being attracted to women and people who appear to be women but not to guys who appear to be guys. But I don't know if it's more than a rationalization. More just a glib term, I think.

There is a history of it in classical culture and some current Latin cultures where being a hetero male is not questioned as long as you do the penetrating of your partner and are not yourself penetrated. That's where the popular misunderstanding about classical Greek and Roman tolerance of homosexuality comes from. If a male past the age of majority allowed himself to be penetrated there were all the bad names and negative associations we have for gay people to this day.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I, like Fiona123 am a hetero male CD with zero interest in men. Teresa is right all these terms and attempts to define and deliniate only serve to muddy the waters and further confuse people. Within my lifetime we have gone from a predominantly binary gender belief to a tentative understanding that gender and sexual preference follow a wide and varied spectrum. It is a shame that people who don't fully understand themselves try to pigeonhole others into ill-defined limited boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Seems like "mostly nonsense."

Just a justification for someone who does not want to be seen as bi

another "excuse"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Heterosexuality, Atlantis, Bigfoot......

Believe in them if you want to but..... where's the proof?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    Doesn't apply to gender or gender expression. Sexual attraction is unrelated to gender identity! They are totally different human characteristics. Cding is gender based not sexual attraction or orientation based! This misunderstanding by the masses is why CD's are often thought to be gay or bi. Your macho man who identifies strictly as male can be straight, gay or bi. A crossdresser can have the same options but they are unrelated!

How absurd !!! I agree with Jennifer's response. It hit this word directly on the head. I have a gay friend. Both he and his partner totally contend firmly that any sexual contact between members of the same sex tosses them out of the Hetero arena. What? Another PC word? I think so.

Hetero flexible? Gender fluid? Where are all these so called labels coming from, or it is some politically correct terms omega one is making up?

+1 for Jennifer, the best I can do without a "like" button.

Jeez!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Some feel good term for someone who is Bi sexual, but is more leaning toward opposite sex attraction, just not completely..... Still bi sexual.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Seems like "mostly nonsense." Just a justification for someone who does not want to be seen as bi
    ^ There you go. Just another way for people to keep telling themselves that they're really straight, while engaging in homosexual activities. It's understandable because of the horrific homophobia that exists throughout so much of this world.

Accepting this new category will only delay the acceptance of themselves by anyone who uses it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Minimal homosexual activity. Mostly straight. Makes as much sense as a little bit pregnant.
    Changing the perception by changing the label doesn't change the reality.

Aspiring Member
    I admit the term and definition don't make sense but I will say that when I first read it, it sounded like someone trying to describe how I feel. I'm not attracted to men, I'm not turned on by male on male sex. However, when in girl mode there is a certain desire to experience sex in a female way through penetration. Again even in those moments it's not that I'm attracted to a man, but rather attracted to the act (if that makes any sense). So I almost wonder if something along those lines is what they're trying to describe.

Ultimately, I'd be ok with being done with all the labels. The more we try to categorize and label who people are, the more we perpetuate the behavior of limiting how people should act based on arbitrary standards.

I agree with a lot of the members in this group. You are bi, straight or gay. All of them are fine. I think people just need to find out what floats their boat. My boat is on a straight path when I'm dressed or not.

A descriptive term is valid if it accurately describes what it sets out to describe. The question is: are there people who mostly engage in straight sex but sometime engage in gay sex? Of course there are so those people may describe themselves as heteroflexible as opposed to someone who is equally or randomly attracted to both sexes. The idea that this is some kind of denial is laughable. Imagine going into your local redneck bar and telling the patrons "It's not like I'm bi or gay or anything, I just like to smoke a pipe every now and then" What would be the gain in calling yourself heteroflexible over bisexual or even gay in that situation?

Quote Originally Posted by sissy_lisa2002 View Post
    I admit the term and definition don't make sense but I will say that when I first read it, it sounded like someone trying to describe how I feel. I'm not attracted to men, I'm not turned on by male on male sex. However, when in girl mode there is a certain desire to experience sex in a female way through penetration. Again even in those moments it's not that I'm attracted to a man, but rather attracted to the act (if that makes any sense). So I almost wonder if something along those lines is what they're trying to describe.
    I think a better term for this is pseudo-bisexuality. It always confused me that I felt no sexual attraction to any male but there was usually this abstract, faceless man in my sexual fantasies about being a female or in the female sexual role. What turned me on was being in the feminized role not the dude. On the other hand, I am attracted to women (some of them, at least) and not just the abstract idea of them.

To me, heteroflexible means having a wide range of body and personality types that a person is attracted to among the opposite sex. They are hetero (opposite-sex attracted), yet they are flexible (they can be attracted to tall, short, skinny, fat, young, old, and in a variety of types - - country, biker, polished professional, rocker, artsy, nerdy, etc).

But seriously, the term heteroflexible used in the context you describe is only an attempt to describe an aspect or a degree of bisexuality. Or it might not even describe bisexuality if the heteroflexibility is only in a person's mind, for example if it replaces the old "bi-curious" term, which is one I never understood. To me, "bi-curious" meant same-sex fantasy and lots of people here can have those fantasies yet be turned off with real life same-sex sex. But there are lots of different fantasies (some people fantasize about controlled rape, others about uniforms, others about having sex with some element of danger like at knife point, etc) and if we were to find individual words describing each of our fantasies, we'd be spending a great deal of time trying to explain to others what they mean. lol.
    Reine

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    In drab I like gals; as Cheryl I like guys.