Thread: Losing the Pink Fog

Losing the Pink Fog

I stopped dressing for about fifteen years with my busy life and didn't miss dressing up. I still had my stash hidden away.

I started up again this year full force in January (out of control), not sure why, I bought six dresses a week it was so good now the Pink Fog is fading again.

Any ideas how to get the Pink fog back? I dressed up to day but found it to be a chore.

It's been in the 80 to 95 heat range around here , I'm hoping that's why I'm loosing interest!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Banned Read only
    I would guess the heat and humidity has a lot to do with it. I grew up in NYC. The summers were brutal. As a kid it was no big deal. We played baseball or some street games until the heat started to rise from the concrete and asphalt. Then we found a cool hallway to escape to in the apartment building or headed to a pool. The women? Bitch, bitch bitch and some more about the heat. They all were shift dresses and cursed bras. Hosiery? Not a chance. Wait until the fall and the return of cooler weather. Personally, I'm comfortable with the temperature in the low eighties if there is low humidity, which is about the weather during the summers in western Washington. Unfortunately, my wife is off during the summers, so my sun dresses break out after Labor Day when she returns to work.

It was really hot here so I went with a really short spaghetti strap dress- creates its own pleasant cooling wind by swaying- as long as you walk! Sit still and start to sweat- I mean glow! lol
    We are all beautiful...!

For me, the decision to dress depends on how active I am, and during the summer months I spend a lot of time outside, so don't dress, except perhaps on a rainy day.
    On the winter months, where a lot of my time is indoors, I find myself dressing a lot more, as I am indoors, and I have a lot more spare time.
    Perhaps, like me, the amount you dress depends on how much spare time you have.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I'm sure it's the weather I like dressing and going out in November I feel more passable this way.

Like you, I had a long break from dressing (over 20 years in my case). I started again about 2 years ago and even then had a 6 month break towards the end of last year.

I've no idea why it comes and goes, but I think you should make the most of it while the desire is not there. If you don't have the need then you won't miss it - no?

While it feels great to dress, there's so many other things you could be doing. Plus in your case it must be quite stressful having to hide it from your wife. Pink fog will almost certainly return at some point.

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    I hope things have settled again at home, I know you had a bad time recently.

I know we've talked before so you know I've never had an ebb and flow it's been there continuously from about 8-9 years. I do try and avoid the pink fog I will admit getting out socially has balanced things out and I promised my wife CDing wasn't going to cost a fortune, I always felt it was unfair on her. I try to limit my spending to just thinking about the next meeting, my next outfit is clean and ironed and discreetly hanging in my daughter's wardrobe.
    Maybe the heat is getting to you, I just slip on a denim mini skirt and a vest top with a lightweight bra, I still have to watch the tan lines .

The heat certainly makes me lose interest makeup - but not summer dresses (so much cooler than pants or shorts)

Definitely could be weather related. I know that my interest is strong when we get into the fall time. I still dress up every now and then during the summer time, but I usually got fans going as I get plenty warm dressing up. I end up keeping a towel nearby to wipe my brow as I'm dressing up so I don't accidentally mess anything up as I put something on during the summer.

Silver Member
    Well, not uncommon for it to come and go. My advice is to go with the flow. Forcing it may just make it less enjoyable, and you might get sloppy trying to balance everything.

On the other hand, you may also be in a rut. Dressing in private may just get lonely and feel pointless. Now that I get out, my desire to dress for home has decreased
    I look forward to getting out and interacting.

Boy I was on a cross-dress high a month ago.

Seems like everyone's on my case lately, my neighbor said my yard was a mess, called me a slob and said I should clean it!
    I got a little drunk at a restaurant with the family and embarrassed everyone and the next day everyone told me I drink to much.
    My boss said I'm not showing enough leadership.

ARRRRRRRRRRR! When I dressed yesterday I found it to be a chore.

OK, drink less, clean yard, buy new wig! And the weather should be getting cooler soon. LOL

OH and makeup is interesting when sweating in 90 degree heat.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 08-14-2016 at 07:45 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I have phases where the desire dwindles to just about zero, with one period of about six months. Sometimes though, I find myself on a downer if I haven't dressed fully for a week or so.

It seems to be one of those things that happens as a CD, so just let it run. You know it'll be back with a vengeance at some point.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Aspiring Member
    Your story is similar to mine. I was hell bent on dressing until the heat hit, then it faded. Now I do not have any spare time dress the fog is creeping back. The fog always comes back, it may be different every time but I never really goes away. Good luck.
    Sara

Reality Check
    There's no good reason to force yourself to dress unless people know you as a woman. In that case, you have to.

If you don't feel like dressing, don't. Do something else. If the urge comes back, you can dress then. There's certainly no law that says once you start dressing you have to continue for the rest of your life.

I too lose interest when it is hot out and maximum daylight and there are many competing activities. But I am at a point where, other than one time a year, I dress only when I want to. Two or three or four months without dressing doesn't bother me in the least. I just go with what feels right and the clothes patiently wait without complaining for that moment.

The pink fog is relentless. Once you think it's gone it creeps back in again. Also I think what helped is that you kept your stash and didn't feel the need to go and buy new things. I went almost 3 years without wanting to dress and now it's back.

Why would you want it back??
    I honestly don't WANT to be a girl, and I don't want to wear women's clothes.
    But here I am in my skirt as I type this...
    Is there any way i could give you my pink fog?? We'll both be happy :P

Forcing yourself to do something is never a good thing. If you're not feeling up for it, then don't do it. My urges come and go and when I get that urge, I do it then!

Here's my solution for hot weather: white tank-top, very thin and a short denim skirt. Or a very thin maxi dress. Skirts and dresses are so much cooler than pants or shorts! (In every way possible. )

Judy, here it has been over 104 but today we have a cold front and its raining. I think when it gets cooler you might get the pink back fog back, however, for me a skirt on a 104 day is far better than jeans.
    Part Time Girl