Thread: A few words can make a big diffrence

A few words can make a big diffrence

Last week, while I was getting my nails done, another woman who works in the salon came and started chatting in Vietnamese to the woman who was doing my nails. Soon I realized that she was speaking English to me. She was complimenting me on how nice I looked and that I always looked nice when I came there.

Later I was at an Ace Hardware and had just asked the cashier where to find something. As I was walking to that area a male mgr. asked if he could help me. I said that the young woman already had. He then proceeded to compliment me on how I looked!

I was dressed in what I call "nice casual". I had on a black blouse with white polka dots, white capris and tennies, black/white earrings, silver and black jewelry and one of my lighter gray wigs. Those few complimentary words really made me feel good!
    Hugs, Carole

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Compliments do mean a lot.
    I get all gitty inside when I'm complimented out in public!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes being complemented while out dressed can feel great. Sometimes though I just wonder if their just being nice or its sincere.
    Still nice to here though. I think too for those of us who are married we must always remember to complement our wives it's a really big deal for them

Just makes you feel good all over and reaffirms we are just a normal part of the human race. You always look good in your pics that you post.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

What a lovely story, Carole. That story made my day as well. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Platinum Member
    Hi Carole, That can be a real Ego Boaster,
    I'm sure that you earned the compliments as you always look so natural and feminine......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

During my makeover today, at least for other artists came over and were so complimentary and what they said was you look so pretty not you look great or anything like that. I wasn't wearing a wig so for them to say pretty really just sent me to the moon.

When I had a makeover at a salon, the owner popped her head in and said I looked really nice. It's funny, I'm not that bothered if I get compliments in male mode, but in girl mode I was thrilled!
    A girl can never have too many dresses

It does feel good when someone gives you a compliment.I cried once when a women at a coffee shop went out of her way to come over and say how nice I looked but also have had negative remarks which sent me back to the closet for weeks.So much power in a couple of words.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Reality Check
    Compliments make a person feel nice if they seem sincere. We should remember this and give compliments where appropriate.

Silver Member
    This is something I learned from crossdressing is that women compliment and share simple pleasantries much more often than most men. I now am much better at sharing compliments (tastefully to the opposite sex) with others and exchanging brief pleasantries. These are win win opportunities for all parties. I also encourage random acts of kindness. When given the chance to help a stranger in even the slightest way, I see how good they feel and I get a similar feeling.
    Very nice to hear that a gent complimented you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by LeighR View Post
    Yes being complemented while out dressed can feel great. Sometimes though I just wonder if their just being nice or its sincere.
    Still nice to here though. I think too for those of us who are married we must always remember to complement our wives it's a really big deal for them
    I've wondered why a stranger would make the effort to approach me to compliment me on my somewhat ordinary shoes (she can't be sincere, can she?). I look pretty good but if you are within 10 feet, my presentation isn't fooling anyone. What I feel is happening is that the person giving the compliment (and who knows I'm a guy out in public trying my darnedest to blend and look pretty) is saying "I ACCEPT YOU" in the best way they know how. Despite thinking that my makeup job makes me Look like a raccoon, that person who I have never met says, "you look very pretty", I can only think they want me to know they appreciate "me being me".

I think we need to compliment our wives, and anyone else we think deserves one. A compliment is a gift and it's wasted if we don't give it away.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

I often compliment women on their choice of clothing and accessories. Chatting with my neighbor the other day I complimented her on her lovely top over white 3/4 pants. The outfit made her look really good. Once, at work I complimented a colleague on her choice of earnings. Another female colleague came to me afterward and remarked that my compliment was very nice but unusual for a male.

Carole, it is always nice to get a compliment. I always give one to my SO and she does give me nice complements. When we are out it is really nice to get one from a stranger.
    Part Time Girl

I have given countless compliments to women . I can't say that i have ever been complimented when out as Alice .If i was out and about more, a lot more, it might happen. When i was dating decades ago, i always complimented on my date, or dance partners outfits. Been single all my life, never shacked up. I still compliment ladies a lot.

Sharing kind words with others is always good

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I'm happy for you Carole.

Conversely, people who can't take a compliment, who perhaps turn it into some kind of sexist thing...wow that's an unfortunate trait, and I've experienced it a few times. It made me cautious, so sometimes when I think the person might be a little prickly I say, 'How are you on receiving compliments?' Their curiosity always gets the better of them and the compliment has been received well- that approach totally disarms them.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I take compliments as another person's willingness to accept my ruse.

Blending in and going unnoticed is similar.

SUCH FUN!

I also compliment women (including my wife) on their attire. Most are happy with it. One I remember in particular, a woman I had been friendly with for several years, just gave me a withering death stare.