Thread: Meeting other crossdressers

Meeting other crossdressers

I was wondering if you all know how to go about finding other crossdressers and transvestites in person that aren't just creeps looking for sex. I really want to find a friend I can relate to and possibly dress together and have help to do make up and look convincing to a degree. I've never dressed 100%. I want wig,make up, clothes, shoes, etc..... I also want to just have a supportive friend. I have no idea how to go about finding this type of person as it isn't a question you just outright ask someone.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Contact a local LGBT center and ask about CD/trans support groups in your area.
    By going to meetings you get to know others just like you and make friends.
    Worked for me anyway.

Don't say oh there would not be anything like that where I live or I live in a redneck town yadda yadda because I'll bet there is such a group.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-17-2016 at 12:57 AM.

Hi Samantha

When you have enough posts here you can also reads the guidelines in the meeting place section. This is safety advice.

Tracii is right find a support group that you feel able to attend.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

start here : https://www.pflag.org/

i have gone to there meetings in varies states of male and female,
    or/and let us know what area you are from, someone here may reach out,
    puts the need for that awkward are you a CD question to rest....
    or try a transformation studio......they will be supportive.....its they're livelihood,
    and you can experiment with wigs and looks as well before you commit at a wig store
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Our support group provides all that you seek at our IN meetings, once a month. See if you can find this kind of group in your area.

Stay away from the hook up websites as they are loaded with predators.

This website is a good place for you to find someone although you may have to give it some time and post frequently to find someone.

Banned Read only
    Samantha,
    If you're prepared to reveal a few more details you may be contacted by another member , that's what happened to me not long after I joined the forum, two years later I finally got it all together and met up at her social group , it's the best thing I ever did .

First thing is decide where you want to be with your dressing, and work at it so you're comfortable with how you look, I'm not using the passing word, but I've found it's not important when you do meet other CDers, your look is a personal thing.

Teresa is right. List a general location in your profile (ie: Northwest Kansas), so someone in that area, that's on this site, could contact you. The local LGBT is a good place to start. Also Google "Crossdressers, (Your location)" for groups. You could also contact a local wig store. They usually get TG customers and could pass you on to someone that's in a group in your area. I have recruited several members from a local wig store.
    At some point your life will flash before your eyes......MAKE SURE IT'S WORTH WATCHING !!

I have actually met one local CD from this site, she was very helpful and we became pretty good friends until she moved away. I also started a Facebook account for "Lauren", where I have met a couple of local crossdressers. Facebook is something to do with caution though, be careful who you friend, lots of gross guys just looking for sex and sex chat. Just friend the respectable looking crossdressers and you won't have very much trouble, and it's really fun and growing by the day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Lauren[/SIZE]

Another option if you live in a large enough city is Meetup . There were groups in both Phoenix and Atlanta that I have participated in.

Gold Member
    I have met several other member's here. I usually met at a dinner for a cup of coffee,
    or over lunch. We were dressed in DAB, so no one thought the wiser.
    It always turned out OK.
    Rader
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 08-17-2016 at 06:55 PM. Reason: uhm....

You didn't give a location as to where you live so this advice may not be helpful. I live in a large city which offers many avenues of support. I belong to two crossdresser support groups that have monthly meetings and also get to-gathers at pubs. I also see a professional make-up artist that deals strictly with crossdressers on a professional and a social basis. She has helped a lot in my progression towards being more open with my crossdressing. If you live in or near a larger city these sources are probably available to you.

Well, I'm not sure if this is appropriate here so I apologize if it is not but I live in the Cleveland,Ohio area. I tried to access my profile but it will not allow me to for some reason. But thank you all for your advice. I really appreciate it.

I want the same thing. play dress up and shopping. just someone to talk to about this stuff. forums are cool but real life would be so much better!

Yes, real life would be way better. I want to look convincing. And I want to dress with somebody, and see my full potential.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm sure Cleveland has more than one trans support group so do some online research.
    Joining a support group was one of the best things I ever did. Teresa is so right about that.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Other local cd.comers got me out of my closet. Now, I socialize regularly with a nearby group of T's.

And, at a T BBQ event several years ago I met another straight T and we ended up buddies. We dress and go out to various T and vanilla events together and often hang out just doing guy stuff.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I fortunately found a CD looking for band members for a CD/TG band; I was just looking on Craigslist to join a band.

Though I had to leave the band for a traveling job, we're still friends and I plan on returning as quasi-member helping with sound and such soon when I accept a job back home.

But like others have said, support groups are a great place to start.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

so now you can go here,
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...y-21-22-and-23

samantha is a rock-star with this function.....always shares really great photos of the event,
    and im sure their are others in that area,

here is the p-flag link :

http://www.pflagcleveland.org/

i think you should have no problem finding locals....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Support groups are definitely a good way to get started. I actually felt really out of place at the first one I went to - there were about 6 or 7 t-girls there - all with full make-up, wig, breast enhancers, nice outfits, etc. - and I had come as I was from work with a skirt and top and a pair of shoes - no wig, no boobs, no make-up, no name - I felt so inadequate. But I found another group where I was so much more comfortable and made lots of friends there.

I continue to be amazed at the number of new people who turn up at the group but the great thing is that this is a "safe" venue - turn u pin whatever you feel comfortable in - I expect there will be changing facilities at the venue so you don't have to leave home or return as Samantha under the spying eyes of the neighbours. That first time of mine I was travelling home in the dark so I didn't bother to change...I had completely omitted to notice that where I parked was right under a streetlight and there was no way I could get from the car to my front door without being clearly visible to anyone who happened to be looking out or driving past. But that's all history - these days I will go out anywhere. I answer the door as Michelle to the postman or delivery drivers, go out shopping in the nearby small town as Michelle, walk to the village postbox, travel on the train - been up to London 3 times (3 hour journey). And if you r are out as Samantha you may find other CDers will come and talk to you as happened to me in the supermarket - an obviously male checkout operator came up to me as I left the store, held out his hand and said, "Hi, I'm Paula." We stood outside and chatted for 15 minutes and I discovered there was a group that met regularly in my little local town.

Go for it....

Michelle
    xxx

I myself have just met a site member and I am so glad I did. We have only met once and she made the meeting so comfortable I could not have picked a better person to start with. We have emailed a few times and she is going to take me shopping and I am so excited I really can't wait. I do have some obstacles but I'm sure she will help me thru all. I am looking forward to a great relationship for many years I hope.

Silver Member
    I also met a member of this wonderful forum because she indicated her city in her bio. We will be meeting again.

I had my first meet-up with another cd.com member last weekend,
    and it went great! As you read the forums, I recommend being
    on the lookout for someone who lives nearby and seems like
    someone you'll get along with, then reach out to them!

Sandy Clifton

Lots of different ways.

I met a local girl from this site FtF in girl mode and she introduced me to two friends, etc.

I met an out of town girl from this site in boy mode.

I invited some girls from this site to go out with my local group.

I joined a local social group.

I went to Keystone, like 6 years in a row.

I met a local girl while we were both at Keystone. Her wife supports her and I've done many things with them: eating out, clothing swaps, shopping, movies.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.