Thread: Secret Handshake?

Secret Handshake?

I was on my lunch break today at the mall and walked passed a young kid (high school age) with long hair and wearing a dress. He was with a couple GG friends and seemed like they were all having a good time. It made me think we need a secret handshake or some sort of signal only us CDs recognize. I was in drab and I didn't want to randomly walk up and say "hey I like women's clothes too", that's weird, but there is a bond and an understanding that cannot be communicated and that kind of sucks.
    Ciao,
    Scarlett

Silver Member
    Why assume that they are he? Good grief.

What do you mean? And can you leave out the condescending tone?
    Ciao,
    Scarlett

Aspiring Member
    A few years ago the suggestion was made on this forum that we wear a rubber band on our left wrists. I wore one for a little while, but never saw another rubber band. I guess that idea faded away.

I remember hearing about that but I think it was only one day. This would be an infinitely long thing that you can just break out when the time calls for it.
    Ciao,
    Scarlett

The "secret signal" idea is brought up several times a year around these parts. It usually gets shot down because of concerns that eventually the general public will find out about it then it is no longer secret. Once the word gets out, the signal could potentially out someone or, even worse, make someone a target of discrimination or hate.
    Last edited by Melissa Rose; 08-18-2016 at 11:41 PM.

Banned Spammer

Lightbulb

XD

XD . Verify with the phrase "I thought you knew"
    is the secret symbol and has built in Plausible deniability.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

If they don't know what your talking about they are not a member of the CLIC.
    The clic with 1.4 Million ++ members in the USA alone.

The XD clique
    Last edited by reinasblack; 08-19-2016 at 05:10 AM.

Of the boys & men around here that also wear dresses or skirts, they are generally to busy enjoying their lives to worry about the "secret CD society" handshakes etc.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

this go back to the secret gay days when handkerchiefs of a certain color signified a sexual desire. I believe lavender was the handkerchief for crossdressers. (on the right rear pocket) so maybe a lavender rubber bracelet would be an excellent clue.

Banned Spammer
    Pastels like lavender are feminine colors . no plausible deniability there.

OK,First Scarlett and Arbon, don't start anything. Scarlett, the point was , how do you KNOW that the person you saw wasn't TS? And thus you should refer to them as "she" until you know otherwise. The OP assumed the person was crossdressing.

reinas, no idea what that gibberish means. You should call out "XD"?

jenny, the hanky code is still alive and well and had nothing to do with being secret. Lavender was for liking Drag Queens, not transgender or stating you were (are). Left side "top"-dom, or looking for, right "bottom" sub or you are one (see also Left is right and right is wrong for earrings, left indicated straight, right gay. Since most people here have both...well you make your call)

Better yet, when you see someone in a dress or skirt, how about you just treat them like you do everyone else and not try and out them or contact them?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

This has been suggested in various ways on here over the years but it's not an infallible method. We don't want to put total trust into someone we really don't know as it could open us up to potential danger, especially if some "outsider" learns the "secret sign". Better to take the time and effort to get to know people first.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Spammer

Lightbulb simple math is the key

X=cross
    D=dress

Therefore

XD=CD=crossdress

XD has other meanings ,see south park cartoon

"XD"
    Response: "I thought you knew"

It's like James Bond!

Grant: Excuse me. Could I borrow a match?
    Bond: I use a lighter
    Grant: Better still
    Bond: I thought you knew

��

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Basically, a good spy is always on the lookout for double agents. Or triple agents - those are the ones so closeted, that if both parties acknowledge being XD, the triple agent will backstab you in the prescience of a third.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-19-2016 at 01:01 PM. Reason: see FAQs on religion

I don't know if this person was TG or CD, but for the sake of the post, and the fact that I had some delicious beer while posting, I went CD. If there was a secret handshake I'd know ;-). Anyway, I didn't possibly think this thread would actually start a world wide handshake, it was just a funny thought and I haven't started a thread in awhile.

Rachelakld it's just another addition to the fun.

Lorileah I had the same thought about a secret wave when I used to drive a Scion. Sometimes it's just fun to recognize you're part of something unique. Oh and there was that time I felt compelled to say something to a dude wearing a MST3K shirt because finding someone in public that likes that show is like finding a unicorn. I guess I prefer the bonding approach over the leave me alone approach.

Either way, it was just a silly thought. No bigs.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-19-2016 at 01:01 PM. Reason: refers to deleted post part
    Ciao,
    Scarlett

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    On the few occasions that I've encountered another CD, I've found that just a smile and and an approving nod of the head to be sufficient.
    It's respectful for us to not do anything that might clock another sister.

Whatever!

On second thought we should all appear in public with fruity Carmen Miranda hats.
    Love the watermelon earrings!

Carmen_Mir.jpg

Yes? No?

I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by reinasblack View Post
    X=cross
    D=dress

Therefore

XD=CD=crossdress
    Math? OK if X =C then Y not use C? Simple Algebra. Man, you all make this way harder than needs be. "Hi, I see you are a crossdresser" Them "It's none of your damn business, good day" If you have to ask....DON'T
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lorileah, you've missed the point. But the mere fact that this silly, innocent post has for some reason annoyed some of you I'd rather just delete the damn thing.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-19-2016 at 01:43 PM. Reason: then you won't like this, read the top of the page about moderators and questioning them
    Ciao,
    Scarlett

I knd of wish there was one too. but then we would know that we have been clocked even if it was by another "XD" Great plan but I never see it happening we are all to much in the closet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee