Thread: Nice response to a David's Bridal inquiry

Nice response to a David's Bridal inquiry

My GF and I are thinking of maybe(I stress maybe) getting married in the next 18-24 months and she's said she's perfectly fine with me wearing a wedding gown of my own. Not at the wedding or reception itself because I'm not out to hers or my family and God-willing I never will be. But she said she was perfectly good with the idea of me having my own gown and us having a private photo shoot together in our gowns shortly after the wedding. We've talked about it and we both agreed that since its tradition that the groom can't see the bride in her dress before the wedding, then she can't see me in mine before the reveal.

Anyway, I emailed David's Bridal about their TG policy as far as men coming into the store and being fitted and this was the response I got:

Thank you for your inquiry. David's Bridal provides equal service to all genders, and we hope you both will be pleased with our selection of wedding dresses. Please feel free to contact the store location you wish to visit to schedule your appointment.

The David’s Bridal customer service team strives to ensure that each customer is completely satisfied with our assistance, and hopefully the information above has done just that.

However, if you have any questions or concerns, we are here to help and would like to hear from you! Please feel free to reply to this email or call us.

Thank you,

Stephanie W.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-19-2016 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Phone Numbers Not allowed

Sounds like a very nice response - hope your relationship with your gf continues to grow (she is keeper)

Silver Member
    Win. Win. Win! The Trifecta! You get every t-girls dream. Your soon to be wife has your undying gratitude (if you do it right) and Bryan's sells two dresses for the same wedding. Who could be unhappy?

But what about makeup? Nails? Hair? Oooohhh, I would HAVE to have the works!

Great idea, but have you thought about doing another wedding on your honeymoon? The first would be all about her, the next, all about "her"!

Damn, now I want get married again!

Suzanne, I can't really say soon to be wife yet because there's still quite a ways to go before that step.

Lauren, doing it on our honeymoon is basically what we were thinking so that largely fits our plan. It depends on how soon after the honeymoon takes place. I'm not sure I'd want to have a second wedding based around only me because I want it to be about both of us.

As far as nails and makeup go, my GF would do my makeup because actually, the process of me being made over is something we both look at as an intimate experience for us and us alone to share. Not sexually, but intimate as in it makes us closer to each other.

How wonderful! You are such a lucky girl! Congratulations on your pending wedding and the fab photoshoot that will follow. It sounds like you have a great gal there.

When we rededicate our vows at year 20 (we are having our 15-year anniversary this year) I'll surely be underdressed with some wickedly feminine lingerie. Have you thought about wearing that under your tux?

sounds very nice!! Do not let go of that GF of yours, girls like her are few and far apart!!! Best wishes moving forward!! Hugs to both Lana Mae

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Ten suggestions on this idea:
    1) DO NOT act in any way like you are more excited about wearing a wedding dress than the actual wedding.
    2) DO NOT act in any way like you are more excited about wearing a wedding dress than seeing her in her wedding dress.
    3) DO NOT talk about your wearing a wedding dress more than 5% of the time the wedding is discussed.
    4) If she takes you along when she is shopping for a wedding dress, this is her most important shopping trip of all time, DO NOT talk about your wearing a wedding dress.
    5) If she takes you along when she is shopping for a wedding dress, this is her most important shopping trip of all time, DO NOT also be looking for your wedding dress at the same time.
    6) If she says that you should be looking too, make HUGE points by saying, "No honey, this is your moment, I can wait.".
    7) Do not buy a wedding dress that is more expensive or prettier than hers.
    8) Do not be in a hurry after the wedding to put that dress on. Spend as much time as possible at the reception, if you have one. If there is no reception, suggest some couple time after the wedding so her afterglow goes on as long as she can.
    9) You screw this up and it WILL haunt you. She WILL feel occasional pangs of regret for a LONG time.
    10) The wedding day is HER day. Yes it is a custom as such and actually selfish, but it is how she is programmed. So wait until a month or two after the marriage, then go shopping for you dress. Then do the dual wedding dress photo.

Follow these guides and she will feel like she is more important to you than that dress you are going to wear. The excitement of that dress for you will be a brief time. The benefits of you showing her that she is more important to you than anything, specially with the wedding, will benefit you for decades.

Be smart about this.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieAnneJean View Post
    Ten suggestions on this idea:
    7) Do not buy a wedding dress that is more expensive or prettier than hers.
    All good advice, but I say ignore number 7.

I actually think I've found the dress I want so my question now is what accessories should go with it such as lingerie? Should I have a bra? The dress I'm looking at is a v neck dress so there are straps. I'm looking at possibly a white satin bra with a white garter belt and stockings.

Many years ago, I bought a gown at David's Bridal Outlet in Paramus, NJ. I stopped by on my lunch in male mode, and as the gowns there were not returnable, I asked if I could try them on first. "No problem". I said I would be back later in the day. I brought my wife with me and the SA asked if I wanted to try a Wedding gown or regular gown? Regular gown. She went into the changing area and closed off a section for me. I tried the gown on and loved it. Bought it. They were very friendly and didn't bat an eye.
    At some point your life will flash before your eyes......MAKE SURE IT'S WORTH WATCHING !!

Platinum Member
    Hi Miss Elizabeth, That is such a wonderful story, I wish you both a lifetime of happiness together......

A wedding gown is still the other thing on my CD bucket list.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gold Member
    You are a very lucky person;
    I once called them a long time ago and asked if they would fit me, I Man,
    for wedding gown.
    What they said to me can not be printed here. In a sense, NO and do not ask again.
    Rader

Hey there all, I've got a couple of wedding dresses for sale. Pm me if interested, Katie x

I have been to serval David's Bridle stores and I had a supper time

sue ellan

wear nice lingerie every day.