Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long til the wanna-be TG's become an epidemic?

Woman first, Trans second
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    am sure the clinics do there best to make sure those cases are very few.
    Sadly, this is not always the case. While the excessive and highly stereotype-driven gatekeeping of the past was a problem, the informed-consent model of treatment has opened a number of very problematic doors, and plenty of people are walking through.

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    I agree Shelley, but the male privilege is used by doctors in justifying "it might be regretted" to make us wait years - one size does not fit all, and there needs to be a place/way to allow some to progress faster than doubtfuls.
    How is that male privilege? I believe firmly in the existence of male privilege, but I fail to see how it applies here, unless you believe that FtM transsexuals get preferential treatment (they don't).
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

i have more than one female friend who went to the doctors, and got their ovaries removed in less than 6 weeks. i call that a serious bias in the system, at least here in the uk.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Women needing ovaries removed is nothing to do with transsexuals. It does not even come under the same service within the NHS
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

You did not say why they had their ovaries removed. Medical problem. Some of the FtM TS I know have upper surgery for breasts (pretty common), and some may get the full Hysterectomy done.

I'd just like to chip in to say

Don't pay any attention to what mainstream media has to say.
    There has always and will always be an agenda behind the 'news stories' we see.
    Propaganda for foreign war, to propaganda for wars within our own borders.
    Someone wants you to be malleable, easily influenced and spending.
    It's why there is an economy at all.
    (You may choose to reject this part, this is my own opinion)

Now, do I actually think that a person would literally start to present as the opposite gender,
    "Because their friends are doing it?"
    Possibly, if they're malleable or young.
    Do I think these people will go through with transition?
    Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Nicole Erin, I'm not sure why you have an issue with anyone's motives for gender expression of any kind.
    I'm sorry that you had such a rough time presenting as the real you to the world early on, I and many thank you and many others for your visibility.
    But you can't tell another person that their gender expression is invalid because they didn't have to walk the same path as you.

Is there a definition of "real folks" somewhere?
    Because to me, it sounds like you're looking for segregation.
    But that could just be a side effect of too much 'News'

Or I could be wrong entirely.
    Samantha -x-

Quote Originally Posted by Georgette_USA View Post
    You did not say why they had their ovaries removed. Medical problem. Some of the FtM TS I know have upper surgery for breasts (pretty common), and some may get the full Hysterectomy done.
    emotional reasons

Edit: I have a question to the OP:

"does the mainstream adopting CD practices and TS/fluid lifestyles somehow make you feel less special or less different, or do you feel that it takes away from your own essence somehow?"
    Last edited by pamela7; 01-11-2017 at 04:51 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Silver Member
    I wonder what the original OP thinks of the concept of Transgender Regret? If "fake" TS people go down that road, surely, eventually they will come to a point where the novelty has worn off. And by then it may be too late if some hack doctor had fast tracked them through to make some bucks.
    Last edited by Nigella; 01-11-2017 at 03:37 PM. Reason: No, you are not going to Hi-Jack the thread, feel free to start a new one