Thread: People watching

People watching

I was out and about (drab) today doing a few chores when I encountered a tall middle aged GG. She was roughly 6' but certainly not what I would call a bean pole. She was a female of say 5'6" of average build just scaled up. Watching her from behind it would be easy to see how a CD with a bit of hip padding, decent wig, appropriately dressed for the time and place could look just the same and not attract a second glance just as this GG did. People just thought, tall lady and carried on.

OK getting the facial aspect is a harder ask. Good makeup skills can go a long way but for those of us 5'9" and above and having a typical male physique only so much can be achieved.

I'm writing this because much has been discussed about "passing" and going out recently and I think it's worth reinforcing that for the vast majority of us truly passing is all but impossible. However that doesn't mean we can't have a good stab at it and get a good way there to the casual observer. And this is what I've come to realise. Face to face I'm read. It hasn't stopped me being able to walk through a crowd of fellow shoppers and not attract a sideways look or second glance.

Add to this that acceptance of difference in life styles is more widely accepted/acknowledged being out in public isn't as scary a prospect as many seem to think. Set realistic targets for yourself in how you look and go from there.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I haven't gone out dressed yet, but the things that concern me the most about going out aren't the clothes and makeup, but the walk/mannerisms and the voice. To me, these seem like a bigger give away. I'm not saying that I think clothes and makeup are easy, but only the first step.

I'm rarely out drab. I also enjoy watching females at the mall, grocery store, etc I make mental notes of various feminine body movements. I'm continually learning, and practicing new or better ways to look more feminine. There are some terrific videos on YouTube with makeup instructions, walking, etc. I've learned so much about contouring, blending, etc. I definitely remember my delight when I purchased my first silicone breast forms, hip and butt pads. What improvements they make. 👗 ! Also, have a couple waist cinchers. They help to define the waist. Yes, it takes time and practice. However, with each practice session, you'll see improvement, besides, it's fun. I definitely did.

Watching is learning, my latest observations have been what to do with your purse while at a check-out counter, how to stand while in a long slow moving line because your in plain view of others.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Work at nursing home and there was a visitor there who was female and about 5' 10" (my height)! It caused me to notice i was not walking standing up straight!! I observe females everywhere!! My favorite is the grocery store!! Women tend to be relaxed as if they are in their own element and are better to observe! IMHO Observe and learn!! Hugs Lana Mae

Reality Check
    It's not unusual to see taller women, the average height is getting higher. In most cases, that 6' tall woman is going to be twenty or thirty years old not sixty or seventy.

I agree with you on the passing issue. Few here can dress as a woman and interact with people on a personal level without being read but many of us can walk down the street or through the mall and be taken as a female. Some, of course, can not and that's a shame, but just as in the rest of life, we have to make do with what we have. Do the best you can and try to do better the next time.

Banned Read only
    I've been at a local mall when the women's basketball team from one of the local colleges came through the food court. There was absolutely no way even a blind person would not see those humans were 100% women by virtue of their physical appearance, facial features, mannerisms, and, interaction within the group. Throw half a dozen cross dressers into the food court. What would the effect be?

Maybe several of the ladies on this site can give some insight as to how a group of males wearing women's clothing at an annual social function are perceived by the public. On the various social media sites I've seen group pictures of very attractive ladies, but, those are stills, not moving.

I see a lot of tall women here in Texas. They are plenty and some are quite taller than me. They are beautiful and show themselves very well. So when I go out I am just one of them and I try to show myself well.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Julie View Post
    I haven't gone out dressed yet, but the things that concern me the most about going out aren't the clothes and makeup, but the walk/mannerisms and the voice.
    Julie,

You're absolutely right to highlight the importance of how you walk and adopt the mannerisms of GG's. This is why observation is so vital. You need to be able to emulate these if you're not going to look like a "man in a dress". On the same day I saw the tall lady I was sat in a cafe when 2 GG's came in and started to order at the counter. One did something that I suppose I already knew and that was to stand and place one foot slightly behind her other leg but with the toe of her shoe down so the sole of the foot was orientated vertically. It's just one of the myriad of little things GG's do.

My tall GG did all the femme things. The walk, how she stool, carried her bag. As it's been said many times here, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck then it's a duck. So to all those observing her their brain said female. If you can get those thing right, dress to blend, it's surprisingly easy to melt into a crowd and go about unnoticed.

Thanks for the reply, Helen. Since I've gotten in to this, I look at GG's in a completely different way. I've always watched, but now I'm looking for things to emulate. Like you said, you see things that you already knew, but from a much different perspective.

Thanks,
    Julie
    You've got your mother in a whirl
    She's not sure if you're a boy or a girl

Banned Read only
    Stephanie,
    That's an interesting question and one I can partly answer now. At our last social meeting there was also a wedding being held, during the evening the bride and groom entered our meeting room and invited us all to join them in a drink and festivities in their reception room , that was a wonderful gesture and a show of acceptance .

Aspiring Member
    The only things that I worry about is my voice it is deep

Sharon,

If you're that close so you can speak, unless you're one of the 0.5% who can actually pass, we the other 99.5% are going to be read. The voice is the least of your worries. Check out voice training/feminine voice training on You Tube or search the threads here for tips on softening your voice.