Thread: Out first time out of the country

Out first time out of the country

I went out for the first time out of the country. I had to go to São Paulo for work. It was a very short trip. I was disappointed at the airport when my luggage did not show up. It was delayed. I decided, that maybe it was ok. I would use that first day to scout out some places. I went out Avenida Augusta, just north of Avenida Paulista. There were lots of trendy restaurants and bars, but nothing caught my eye. I did a quick search for crossdresser bars and nothing came up. A search for gay clubs, produced a small, but interesting list. There were a number of bars out in Largo de Aroche. I did a quick recon and I found these places to be quite gay in the most masculine sense. I did not think I would be at home there. I found an alternative, goth club called Madame Underground. They were having a party for International Vampire Day. This seemed perfect. I also found a place near my hotel called Danger, with drag shows.

My bag arrived on day 2, at 10:30 PM. Finally. It took an hour to get ready and off I went. This city starts late anyway. I decided I was going to Madame Underground, and if there was time I would then spend some time at Danger. Because my main event was a goth club, I wore a black leather mini and black leather strapless bustier.

The only thing about the hotel, was that it was located in República. I stay there because it is fairly new, comfortable like a Hampton Inn in the USA, cheap, and close to the subway. But, it is located a couple of blocks from the stroll for transsexual prostitutes. I was worried that they might give me grief coming back late at night. I called an Uber. I was pleasantly surprised that Uber works flawlessly, just like the USA. I did not even need to load a Brazilian version of the Uber App.

I got to Madame Underground. It was not a gay club at all. Everyone was dressed uniformly in black. Lots of attractive people. No one was really dressed like a vampire. At the velvet rope, no one seemed to pay me any special attention. I went in, drank a few drinks. They had a main area, like a lounge, where they were playing Nosferatu. There was a basement lounge area. There was a dance area in the basement, filled with fog and strobes. I hung around the smoking area on the top floor; not to smoke; but this area had the lowest sound level and I was able to talk to lots of people. I had a great time. At about 2:30 I decided to move on.

I went to the Danger club, near my hotel. This was located in a second story industrial loft. There was a second floor above the dance floor. It formed a U around the dance floor and stage. On the stage they had performers. It was not so much drag, but realistic impersonators of Byonce and J-Lo with dancing go-go boys. The crowd was quite mixed, gay, straight, transgendered. I stayed for about an hour. I debated whether to taxi it home or walk the two blocks. There were lots of people on the street, so I walked it.

I had been debating whether to go out until the last minute. I was concerned about the the general level of crime, violence in Brazil, and the fact that some of the neighborhoods can seem menacing at night. I was concerned about not having a feel for the general public and their possible response. After all of it; it turned out to be a great experience.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Sounds like fun wow Brazil awesome

Brave girl..... Sao Paulo is pretty dangerous at night (and during the day in some sections)

Joanna