Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guys keep coming into transformation salon to play dress up.

Banned Spammer

guys keep coming into transformation salon to play dress up.

They don't buy anything and they try on heels,dresses,skirts and more.

Young guys with all there money spent on there expensive for there income cars.
    I think by charging an entrance fee that will apply to any purchase helps.$5-$25.00
    All they have to do is ask to get an idea of the sizes for anything they need.
    I think for some its just curiousity and others it a fantasy/fetish. For the cd's and transsexuals they are invading there space.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What transformation salon r u referring to, Reina? I live in the OC and have lots of dresser friends that live in LA.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    I can't imagine that men would come into a store and try on heels and skirts if they were not crossdressers themselves.

If you think that charging an entrance fee of any amount will stop what you have described, then your business will die a very painful death. This is a part of doing business, accept it or close the doors.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You had curiosity once yourself did you not?
    Charging to come in to a place of business is not only rude it runs off potential customers.

If I had to pay a fee to get into a store, I would not patronize it, no matter what they sold there.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Mollyanne. Another part of doing business is actually selling your wares. not just having people come in to take your free samples. If this is a problem for the owner of the business, I see nothing wrong in it.

Reality Check
    I don't understand the question.

Aspiring Member
    You were probably curious, unsure, wandering and wondering at at least one point in time. I reckon a guy going out in public and trying on dresses and heels and skirts has definitely gone past curiosity in the first place.

If it's a transformation salon, I think cover charges are only expected for clothing rental, even in a closed setting. For that matter, there will be quite a few willing to pay to try on certain articles of clothing.

On the other hand, it's hardly reasonable for a shop owner to charge for trying on clothing - even if this were wedding gowns we were talking about. It's not in the business' best interests either to charge an entry fee for retail.

Banned Spammer

Exclamation BOOM! Wrong

Trashy lingerie a famous store on Melrose in Beverly Hills charges an entrance fee for non members and so do a few others.
    Trashy longerie is super popular for dancers,GG woman,TS ,crossdressers and transgender.
    Last edited by reinasblack; 08-23-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Ewww not the kind of store I want to go to or be a member of.
    I guess your fetish types would be into that stuff.

Banned Spammer

Exclamation BOOM! Wrong

You can't try on underwear are return it cause its against health and safety codes.
    Many celebrities shop at trashy lingerie and the other stores like it. Many on melrose ave.
    All the performers,fashionistas and hipsters go there.
    Not a fetish store although lingerie are cross dressing can be a fetish.
    Last edited by reinasblack; 08-23-2016 at 12:03 PM.

Banned Read only
    Reinasblack,
    I know this is a help and advisory forum so I'm not sure what game you're playing with us and what you're aiming at.

The majority of us go in stores because we wish to fulfil a need, I certainly wouldn't enter any store and try on heels out of curiosity if I wasn't a CDer, so who in their right minds pays an entrance fee to do something they have no interest in ? Oh dear BOOM ! I've just blown up , end of game !

Then reinasblack I'm thinking you already know the answer you want. I think the places you use as arguments for your wanting to charge a cover are rare and lucky. It may appear that place is busy but the location tells me that common people would not shop there.

So if you wanted opinions I find it rather rude when they are given to state that they are wrong
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reinasblack View Post
    Trashy longerie is super popular for dancers,GG woman,TS ,crossdressers and transgender.
    It does not appear very popular on Yelp.

I'm just reading that the coders who go in there to try on clothes are just very very closeted and maybe close to desperate. I'm of the mind to cut them some slack, it's likely one of their only outlets right now. Yeah, I'm sure some are abusing privilege perhaps, but my guess is this is one of their only ways to dress.

Banned Spammer
    Its popular with celebrities ,performers, dancer and the fashion conscious who can afford it.

Deeply closet is the answer,that's why they don't understand even the most basic MTF stuff!

Guilty here - at least once.

There was one of those fetish lingerie stores called 'Unmentionables' down the street from my college. I went in and asked if I could try on some costume lingerie. The guy seemed desperate and was even letting me try on panties and I was modelling them for him to see what he thought. Nothing really fit right and I left without buying anything.

I guess I should have given him a tip - or vice-versa.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Even at the mall you have to pay around $50 for a makeover.
    You are required to purchase items that you would probably buy anyway.
    It's the custom.
    Usually, the girl will tell the client what is expected.
    I suggest you do the same: it's an industry standard.

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    This sounds like Kids in record stores. They come in to check out all the new releases, ask you endless questions about utterly obvious subjects, that detracts from you spending time with the real aficionados that have money and then leave without spending a dime. It's part of retail.

The thing is whilst the little "darlings" might not be spending money now, in a couple of years time they'll be employed and will make up the majority of your sales, whilst you watch iTunes doing a number on your business. Irony doesn't even begin to describe it. But hey times change and we have to deal with it.

So I'd be inclined to give them some slack or even get involved and ask them what it's going to take to get them to buy. Every pair of feet through the door is a revenue stream if bullied enough.

A lot saying they wouldn't shop at a store that makes the pay to enter, I have one word Costco... lol

that's a membership group that allows the members to get discounts. Costco will let anyone shop there but you pay a premium on the merchandise
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Not my Costco no card no entry

Hello Reinasblack. Do you own Trashy Lingerie ? Or are you talking about another store that you own ?
    If so. What is the name ?
    Kind of confused why you started this thread.

XOXO Tiffany Amber Rhoads.

Maybe Reinasblack resents being charged to go in (perhaps believing this is to keep out CDers?) and so was being ironic.

I don't know why they charge a fee, but apparently it's only $2 per year for "membership" according to their website. Probably a ploy to get their customers' emails for promotions. Fill out a membership card with your email address, pay $2 and you're in! lol

And their claim that Hollywood stars shop there is just marketing. If I was worth as much as the stars they list, I'd shop on Rodeo Dr. Trashy Lingerie's stuff isn't all that exclusive.

Anyway, here's their website with the $2 membership per year info:

https://trashy.com/pages/store-location
    Reine