Thread: wifes wants my opinion

Aspiring Member

wifes wants my opinion

Since I came out to my wife, every tome she goes clothes shopping, she wants me along. She wants to know what I honestly think. Before I could just fain disinterest. Now even if I don't go with she will try everything on for me to comment on. However thins only work one way. I can't even say I would wear that with out getting the LOOK. Just kind of funny variation on Emma30's post.
    Sara
    Last edited by sara66; 08-22-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Banned Read only
    I had visions of the disinterested husbands sitting in the Kohl's dressing room area while the wives bounce in and out saying "Honey, What do you think?" Grrr! It could be your wife is trying to overwhelm you with some visual presentation to make you sick of women's clothing. She does not understand it does not work! Rather than your wife taking you along for a buying trip for hersel, why don't you drag her along for a buying trip for yourself? See how she reacts. Although I love dresses (144 in my wardrobe) I am totally bored sitting and waiting for for my wife.

Sara she wants you opinion on what looks good on her.

She does not want to hear what you would wear( unless she asks)
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Sara,
    She just wants your opinion. That means she finds it to be useful and valuable. Step up, this is a great opportunity to share and support.

I am often asked about clothing, jewelry, combinations etc. I always take the time to give a well-considered opinion because it is important. Likewise, don't pass up the opportunity to compliment her on how she looks in her outfits. I have sometimes passed on favorable comments to women I know on their choice of jewelry, clothing or shoes and they are always well-received and lead to a deepening of whatever friendship or relationship there is between us. It is a very feminine thing that you have been asked to engage in. Embrace it.

I agree with Consuelo. Do pay attention and give her your thoughts they are for you as she appropriates you and how she presents herself for you. But put yours n the back burner and sometimes until it seems right for you. Like hey honey, would you go to the thrift store with me, I want to buy some clothes and I sure would like your thoughts. But do that after about ten times for her. she wants to be your woman.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Sara,
    You've just reminded me of an incident with my wife, she was searching through dresses on the John Lewis online site, she picked out three dresses that might be suitable for a cruise we were planning to take. One of the dresses had a large black sash with a centre bow on the back of the dress, she's only 5' 1" tall and I told her that she needed to be much taller to carry that style off , also she picked out a lace dress which I thought looked old fashioned. When the dresses arrived she did admit that I was right about the sash and she's not worn the lace dress yet that was well over a year ago.
    She didn't say much more but gave me a look and a smile as if to say you're not bad at the dressing game after all !

Lol let's just go crazy with comments and maybe we can teach them a thing or two ?

My wife alway loved clothes shopping until I came out to her, she went through a spell of not being able to, saved me a fortune lol only joking, but she couldn't shop without wondering if I would like it for me, her mind would wander and she'd just walk out and go home.
    Women are all different and handle things in their own way, just stick with it, it'll settle down, my wife is fine now, back spending my hard earned cash lol

Sara I agree with Shelly. Women in general do want to know that their appearance pleases their husband or boyfriend. I used to love it when my ex (who is not a CDer) agreed to shop with me. But you mustn't take it that her desire to choose clothing to make her attractive in your eyes automatically translates to a willing participation in your CDing.

If you want to discuss with your wife your own preferences for what you would and would not wear, you need to let her know that doing this is important to you and you would like the conversation to work both ways.
    Reine

I think thats a good thing. I wish mine did it more, but she does ask for major events. I have always had more clothes than her...and now that she knows about Trisha, I have even more. P.S. mine had to borrow a form fitter for me for my daughter's sweet 16! First time she wore my clothes lol!
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Silver Member
    My wife and I disagree often what would look good on her. She dresses conservatively which is a real shame. When we met she was very into high fashion. Every once in a while I'll pick out something and get her to buy it. Then it becomes one of her favorites.

My wife has always asked me for fashion advice. But since I came out to her she takes me a lot more seriously -- and actually listens to what I have to say.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

My wife does not demand I go shopping with her for advise, but if I am with her, she now will be much quicker to ask for advise, and takes my advise much more serious. Or when we are going out somewhere where the occasion is other than jeans and a shirt. Before I was out to her, she would ask if I "like it" now it is more of a what do you think? kinda question. I actually enjoy the fact she now understands I know enough of women's fashion and appearance to take my opinion seriously in more of a way than just 'do I think it is appealing' (to me)
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I doubt that my wife would ever take my advice on any clothes for her.

But I like to go shopping with her for different reasons.

I can actually pick up a top or such and ask her if she likes it. Sometimes she does, but mostly not.

But if not, she'll give me a reason, like she doesn't look in that color, or that neck style, or the material is "too fussy" and always catches on everything. Sine I never learned this from my mother, I'll take any free advice I can get.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

My SO and I would always shop together; we trusted each others taste.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)