Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drive thru experiment

drive thru experiment

Every morning on my way to work I stop for coffee at my local TIM HORTONS.All you Canadian gurls know what I'm talking about and even you Western NY gurls should be familiar with Timmies.It's a coffee /doughnut shop where you can get breakfast sandwiches, they also have a lunch and dinner menu.Open 24/7. I don't use the drive thru I go in for my double double.There are always 3 or 4 girl working the window area,filling orders and yakking.I'm thinking it's like that all day and I think this weekend I am going to try going thru the drive thru while all dressed.You are only at the window for a short time and they always seem pretty busy.I'm hoping they won't even notice I'm wearing a wig and makeup which is all they'd be able to see if they did look.My only concern is that when I order my voice doesn't match what pulls up to the window.Would they even notice?I always go for my drives late at night and I'll do the same on this outing .I'm looking for a little more excitement in my dressing and I think this is a good start.

M very first time out in daytime, i stopped at a McDonalds, and ordered trying to sound like a lady, but failed, After i got my food, i hears lots of laughing, and noticed employees looking out the windows as i left. later that day, a father told his kids not to look, as I gave the mans car a jump start. Anything can happen, but not usually much of anything, at a drive up. When i had the occasions to be able to travel to Canada, I always went Tim Hortons. Always good.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 08-24-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Go for it Karen. The satisfying cup of java afterwards will make it all worthwhile!

On a trip to visit friends in Ontario a few years ago, I was introduced to Tim Horton's. Best coffee from any chain, IMO. Flavor that runs circles around the likes of Starbuck's and others.

Unfortunately, some 1600 miles to the nearest cup from "Timmies". Would join you in the drive thru experiment, if I could.

Dunno about Timmie's coffee anymore these days, karen...seems to have lost a bit of its iconic status of late. The smart money these days is on McDonald's coffee - at least the blend that that they serve up here in Canada.

Might want to go there instead for your drive-thru experiment, and pick up one of their new menu offerings while you're at it...

I wrote this only the other day in a different post that the first time I went thought a Drive thought (mac's) the kiosk staff were so busy talking to themselves that they didn't even notice me. So subsequent occasions, yep I was read. SO WHAT! I'll never meet those people socially. I don't know them, they don't know me. If I gave them an opportunity to enjoy a laugh at my expense, so what, I enriched their otherwise boring tedious lives. Meanwhile I got on with mine.

Don't fret it, do it. You have absolutely nothing to loose.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by somestimeskaren View Post
    My only concern is that when I order my voice doesn't match what pulls up to the window.Would they even notice? I'm looking for a little more excitement in my dressing and I think this is a good start.
    1. if you go during a busy time such as breakfast, even if they notice, they'll be too busy working to do or say anything about it. 2. If you want excitement, then dress to the nines and go to a redneck tavern, plant yourself at the end of the bar, and start flirting with the men. One way or another, it will certainly become exciting! Don't forget to wear your running shoes, though.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I did go thru the drive thru at McDonalds once while traveling, Now bear in mind that
    Raychel is only neck down, I was dressed,
    The worker at the window did not even notice me in way.
    just took my money and handed me my food.

there was a redneck customer at the inside counter that did see me, and was all set to make a scene.
    I was thankful that I was in my truck and driving off,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Don't worry! Just enjoy your girl time out. I've been through many drive through a and almost all have been great. Laughed at once and had a compliment on my blouse another time. I no longer care what people think and just live life my way.
    Hugs, Stephanie

Silver Member
    I traveled a lot and had several interesting experiences. One time I dropped my change and reached down to get it. The young girl at the window saw my bra through my blouse and freaked out. Her boss came over and waited on me. I handed him the money and he gave me my food. Had one attendant that about fell out the window as she tried to see the skirt I had on. Most could care less. All they want is to get done with their shifts. Had one toll road attendant that needed change. She watched me count out the extra change I had $10+ on my skirt. She was bent over leaning on the window while we talked. She could see my slip lace sticking out just right. She also could see my bra line through my blouse so it wasn't a big secret. If I had been single I might have asked her out. Did have a female attendant one night tell me "looking good" when I was in full fem mode.

I have done the drive-thru routine a number of times. The worst outcome was a teenage boy at the window. He said, "thank you, SIR!!! The best was a middle aged woman who smiled at me and told me to "Have a good time tonight!" The worst didn't kill me. The best was heart warming. In every case I was totally dress, make-up, wig, etc. I've expanded my horizons now to include sit down restaurants. I still have a lot of things left to do.

Drive throughs are fun. One of the first times I wore a striped.sweater set with 3/4sleeves, bra and no wig or makeup. This was Wendy's. The girl taking my order could see me through the window. When I drove up to pay, there were 3 girls gawking at me and smiling. When I picked up my food there were 2 guys staring and smiling. Guess I brightened up their otherwise dreary shifts.

Another time, I wore women's lavendar, nylon pajamas. NOBODY even looked at me! How funny is that? I was very obviously dressed in girly PJs. Ya jus neva no.

Got for it girl..It is fun! After my first makeover, I did exactly the same thing... McDonald's drive thru.... Ordered using my girly voice, pulled up to the payment window, paid in cash (I don't want to use my card in male name!). Next the food window, a twenty something (almost 30) boy, looked at me and said.."you look amazing", he definitely read me, but no awkward look or giggles... and also said" have a good night girl" when handled the food over.... no problems and I enjoyed the moment!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Do it, The voice won't matter they are way to busy to notice I'm sure.
    You will be long gone before they realize what happened.

I have always wanted to try a drive through, and picking a busy drive through is a really good tip, I think I will try it this weekend if I am happy with my look. You know how it goes sometimes right?.........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Lauren[/SIZE]

I've been going through the local Culver's wearing various degrees of feminine attire. A couple days ago I wore everything, bra, forms, blouse and skirt, and even a necklace and earrings. Nope, I didn't grab a wig on my way out of the door. I'm pretty sure I was read. ha ha. But it is also full of teenagers who probably don't care much one way or the other. I was proud that I had gone and done it, but I sure wish I had stuck a wig on.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    .............................. SO WHAT! I'll never meet those people socially. I don't know them, they don't know me. .........
    Correct. And this applies to so many situations in our crossdressing lives. If you go through the checkout line at Walmart with a bra and panties, who cares unless you know the clerk? Payless, same thing?

Walk through the mall or on the downtown streets? These people don't know you and hopefully, you've done enough to yourself that they wouldn't recognize you if they did.

As for the your voice when ordering, you should be able to manage the few words it takes to place an order in a more or less feminine voice. These folks aren't screening for crossdressers, they are filling dozens of orders per hour and marking time until quitting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    ...................... there was a redneck customer at the inside counter that did see me, and was all set to make a scene.
    I was thankful that I was in my truck and driving off,
    You could see the color of his neck? Read his mind? Many of my friends and most of my wife's family could be thought of as "rednecks" and they are nice people and not at all inclined to start a fight over how someone is dressed. Using that term in that context is pretty offensive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Folks, think about this: Passing at a restaurant drive through window is just like passing on the street or at the mall. Dress for the time and place and do your best to sound and act like a woman. Full makeup, night time jewelry and high heels (OK, they won't see them at a drive through) at 9:00 Am on a Saturday morning will have everyone on high alert. Most people using a drive through won't be dressed to the hilt. Dress and do your makeup like your wife or mother would do and you're far more likely not to be the spectacle of the day.
    Last edited by Krisi; 08-26-2016 at 08:53 AM.

I recently had a day of beauty at a beauty college. I thought I looked pretty passable so I went thru a Culver's drive thru. I used my best soft feminine voice to order and when I drove up to pay and get my order the young lady didn't even give me a second look. It was a fun moment for me when I opened my purse in front of her and pulled out my money to pay.

I can assure, they will not care. Worst case, you'll get no acknowledgement. Best case, you'll get a big smile, depends on the worker. I would do it and not give it a second thought, more of us are out and about every day and it's not a shock to anyone much these days. Seems like a lot of work for such a short experience, but I do understand baby steps....
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Reality Check
    I wouldn't get all fixed up just to go to the drive through, but if I was out and hungry or thirsty I would. Of course, you have to watch that "thirsty" thing because if you drink a lot you'll have to find a place to relieve yourself and that could be a problem for some of us.

Going through the drive through has never been a problem for me when fem. But if you want to get to do more things, go to a movie and dinner. If you have an SO it works well and generally a waitress seems to want to talk to us more as it is interesting to them and sharing good times with them.
    Part Time Girl

I would get dressed up for even a drive through. I think about my lipstick on the Tims cup and that's incentive enough for me. Lol Go for it!
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

sometimes karen,
    I traveled the alcan for years never did use tim hortons much I always went with a&w as they have the old menu like we had in the states before they merged with kfc gotta have that real frosted mug rootbeer

Sorry about this thread going to the taste of coffee, but I gotta ask, why would anyone spend money on that slop that is served by tim hortons. Have tried it in many place and all tastes the same. If I am hot and bothered for coffee, at least the good flavour of mcdonalds on both sides of the border is consistant. I think timmies has crack in it, cant understand why people will sit in a line up for ten or twenty minutes for it. I do know of one that had to close the drive thru because it was impeded traffic flow on a main drag in Edmonton.

I love going through the drive through to get a meal or coffee. Sometimes I'm dressed up, other times just lipstick and earrings. Have had a few times the male staff - especially the young ones -laugh and get the others to look, but I look away till my things are ready.

Reality Check
    Ok, if you go through the drive through at a restaurant and the people are laughing at you, it may be time to go back home and examine your presentation. You didn't pass, even for people who weren't paying attention. We should be able to do better than that.