Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The sissy word

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    I'm dressed totally like a women and it feels good so why am I not totally sissy?

------

Maybe I'm confusing sissy with feminine, but I like thinking of myself as a sissy, maybe it's another way of saying feminine.

-------

I don't subscribe to the internet definition of Sissy but yet I feel most often like a Sissy. Maybe there should be another word to describe me. In truth I'm just a feminine little bitch.

-----

Call me what you like, just make it feminine. Sometimes I'm a real bitch and sometimes I'm a sweet sexy submissive.

The truth is I like being a bitch sometimes and sometimes a submissive women. I love being the one that cooks and cleans. I'm more a housewife than anything and I like it!

----

I just pee'd and I sat down to do it! I always sit down to pee. I like it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by CDTiffany View Post
    Basically, i am just saying it another form of crossdressing. That should be accepted on this forum.
    Tiffany - I think that what you describe is accepted just fine on this forum. But that is clearly not what the OP is describing. She is describing simply dressing up as a woman is what makes her a sissy (or apparently a bitch.) That, I think is what most of us are objecting to - that simply as dressing as a woman makes one a sissy (or a bitch.) Maybe this is part of the concern that some GGs have with some CDs??? A bit demeaning, no??
    Last edited by Nadine Spirit; 08-25-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Aspiring Member
    As a kid, the word sissy was used as a derogatory term, and even though it's use might have changed over the years, I still see it the same way. So I never use the term in relation to CDing.

It's like so many other words... it depends on the context. As stated previously, some people go for the "sissy" look; others don't. Personally, I don't like the word in most cases and have shied away from products that I might otherwise want because they were marketed towards "sissies." So many of the long sheer peignoirs I'd like to find are advertised this way.

I suppose that there is a line that gets blurred when one goes for an ultra-feminine younger look... that might be a sissy look in some eyes.

Lacy PJs

I've been dressing in a "sissy style" for a few years now which is definitely an over the top feminine look I do enjoy it but I call myself a crossdresser none the less I'm not one for labels but I wouldn't be offended if someone called me a sissy because of what I like to wear I look at "sissy style" a form of over the top or extreme crossdressing that's my take on the word sissy.
    Last edited by Natalie_393; 08-25-2016 at 10:16 PM.

The meaning of the word Sissy;

a person regarded as effeminate or cowardly.
    "he would hate the other boys to think he was a sissy"
    synonyms: coward, weakling, milksop, Milquetoast, namby-pamby, crybaby, baby;

"I'd hate the other boys to think he was a sissy"

adjective
    adjective: sissy; comparative adjective: sissier; superlative adjective: sissiest; adjective: cissy; comparative adjective: cissier; superlative adjective: cissiest

feeble and cowardly.
    synonyms: cowardly, weak, feeble, spineless, effeminate, effete, limp-wristed, womanish, unmanly, soft;
    "he felt sure his father would think the whole idea was sissy"

So if you are one of these then yes you are a Sissy

Julie

When I was growing up the definition of a sissy was simply a male that engaged in some activity or behavior that was perceived as feminine. I'm sure there's no one here like that! Of course, femininity is relative and the girls in my neighborhood were pretty tough. But girls still fought by different rules than boys. If a boy kicked, scratched, pulled hair, bit, or tried to rip an opponents clothes off that would be considered "sissy" fighting although it was perfectly acceptable for girls to fight that way. As for myself, I avoided fighting unless I had an overwhelming advantage - not so much because I was a sissy but because I was smarter than the average lumpen-proletarian.

Quote Originally Posted by CDTiffany View Post
    For me it is not a submissive thing I just love the VERY VERY Feminine way it make me feel.. TOO much fun wearing mary jane shoes with frilly socks. Pigtails with ribbons. Basically, i am just saying it another form of crossdressing. That should be accepted on this forum.
    Hi Tiffany, long time no see!

You're right, it is a style that is adopted by some CDers and it should be accepted in this forum, as should any other style ... even the CDers who choose to wear beards.

But "sissy" definitely does not mean "feminine" in the sense that most people in and outside this community think of feminine. For example, I am feminine because I am a woman, even if I wear blue jeans most of the time. And I am decidedly not a sissy. lol. And although frilly dresses, ankle socks, mary-janes, golden locks, and short white gloves are feminine, the little girls who wear these things are not considered sissies.

Transsexuals are feminine, and they are not sissies either.

I'm wanting to point out that if a birth male wears feminine clothing for reasons of identity (whether transsexual or non-binary), I doubt very much she or he would consider themselves a sissy.
    Reine

When I first signed up here I thought like many of you it just meant a boy being fem. Now as I see more and more I realize it is probably wrong and demeaning. But I guess I am stuck with my name

I always say if the shoe fits, wear it. If not, don't. Names don't bother me in the least. Sticks and stones, you know?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I surely feel 'girly', or 'feminine', but as said above, 'sissy' is a term for being submissive and not really the same thing. You might feel submissive as a 'female' as part of how dressing makes you feel, but it is not the general feeling I get from dressing up.

I don't really see a big deal personally, it's obviously going to vary from person to person but I'd try not to see it as derogatory unless it's purposefully used as an insult. Maybe someone doesn't like the word, that doesn't mean they should think less of someone who does. There are many different types of crossdressers, some will highly dislike the word, others will like it, whatever.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I never feel that way. For me, "sissy" is a derogatory term.
    I agree. I seldom see it written here to describe crossdressers. I'm far too old to be a "sissy".

I was only ever once referred to as feminine and I actually relish that statement, I feel more sissy than masculine. I really like feeling like a sissy! I'm dressed totally like a women and it feels good so why am I not totally sissy?
    Because women are not "sissies". Women just are people who have different DNA and genitals than men.

Today I'm totally dressed as a women, I feel great and anything better masculine. So what am I today?
    You are a MtF crossdresser.
    Last edited by Krisi; 08-26-2016 at 08:29 AM.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    To me, Sissy is primarily just another role play character that I enjoy although, when I'm not in male mode,
    I always wear my cute jingly necklace with the hanging letters that proudly say S-I-S-S-Y.
    It's just a thing with me.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

When I was was young being called a sissy generally started a big fight. It was a term I did not like. But growing up and seeing a new version of sissy, it does not seem that bad just don't call me one. I don't think any here as cross dressers are the real sissy's these are those boys under BDSM and sissified and not even girly. A very derogatory term for a male.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    I've been to some sissy websites and I just don't fit in with those groups. Don't classify yourself as a sissy until you know what it's all about now days.
    You are correct about this. Being a "sissy" 40 years ago meant you were a boy or young man but was not brave or perhaps not possessing strength or other masculine characteristics or abilities. "sissy" nowadays actually can very well mean a man who is into being seriously berated, usually by a dominatrix and be forced into very humiliating behaviors. Although they do in fact like it. It is a means of being dominated while being dressed.

Sissy as in just a weak person and feminine I believe are not one in the same. I think a woman can be a strong person of character, a leader and yet still possess femininity. I personally cannot say I have ever felt like a "sissy" in the old term, and have no interest in the new alternative lifestyle either. Not really sure how new it is though.... I think it might be getting a bit more popular now.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Hey T-girls, It's 2016. If any one of you have been called a Sissy by some idiot. at a bar. restaurant, club or just walking down the streets.
    Just ignore it. They are living in the 1960's. We are very proud to have all experienced our journey. and the times are changing.
    Were your heels and and walk down the streets, And enjoy the sound of your heels hitting the ground. WE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

XOXO Tiffany Amber Rhoads.

I try hard to not care about words.
    My wife has called me sissy and girly a number of times. I know she means it in a good way, and I don't mind at all.
    But when I was young, my parents caught me cross dressed a couple times. They told me to stop and threatened to go to my school and tell everyone what I did, and they said the others would all call me "sissy" and beat me up, and no one would like me. Nice parents huh?
    Stephanie

Aspiring Member
    I don't hate the term, but then again I don't care for the term. I mostly see it rampant in fetish fiction (whose tropes don't do much for me either) and it has strong connotations of humiliation tied down to it - if you apply it to yourself then there really isn't anything against that either. But I wouldn't even if I am dressed in a hyper-girlish (distinguished from merely hyperfeminine) manner.

I sort of like the sissy style...and I have no probs with the term either...In fact I embrace it lol...truth is though I've never been called that.
    http://www.youtube.com/c/CatchQueen - My YouTube - I post there regularly

I am not fond of the word "Sissy" it sounds derogatory to me. When I am dressed I am just like any other female just with something extra. I had a girls night out once after a professional makeover. I felt just like the real girls. Feminine and pretty.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    As Nicole said, "sissy" has fetish connotations for a certain group of dressers.

I know a lot about fetishes. But, that's NOT one of mine. I may dress, but I ain't no sissy!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Non-binary/Questioning
    There's a corner of the fetish community where things like forced feminization, bimbofication, and humiliation all rub shoulders while dressed in frilly skirts and maid outfits. From the OPs posts I don't think she's necessarily into these things (I could be wrong) but rather subscribes to an interpretation of women (and the CDs who wish to emulate them) as effeminate and submissive. Fetish or not, it draws on interpretations of femaleness and femininity that are now considered inappropriate at best and outright misogynistic at worst. IMO, for these reasons alone (and others that some people have touched on as well) it's an offensive term and shouldn't be used unless the person being addressed specifically requests it.

I like the word, Sissy. We used to call my sister that. Now I call her Sis. It means sister, so what's the problem? I much prefer being a sissy to being manly.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

It's not a derogatory term if we "own" it, stick an a on the end of it like "Whaasupp mah sissas?
    But then we are the only ones that can say that to each other.

"owning" words is a cop out. If you can say it, then it should be allowed by anyone. If someone outside your community uses it and you find it derogatory, then you shouldn't use it either. It's just an excuse to hold power over someone else
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,