Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The sissy word

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Maybe I'm confusing sissy with feminine, but I like thinking of myself as a sissy, maybe it's another way of saying feminine.
    Yes, you are confusing the definition, and no, "sissy" does not mean "feminine".

Sis·sy
    Noun (informal):
    1. a person regarded as effeminate or cowardly. Synonyms: coward, weakling, milksop, namby-pamby, baby, wimp. Informal: softie, chicken, milquetoast; mama's boy, pantywaist, twinkie, crybaby, powder puff.

Adjective:
    1. feeble and cowardlyynonyms: effeminate, effete, unmanly.

Note, I've also seen the word "sissy" used a lot in fetish feminization websites. To some men, it is kinky to be demeaned.

Feminine
    Noun:
    1. the female sex or gender.

Adjective:
    1. having qualities or appearance traditionally associated with women, especially delicacy and prettiness. Synonyms: womanly, ladylike.
    2. Grammar: of or denoting a gender of nouns and adjectives, conventionally regarded as female.
    Reine

I can't help feeling like a sissy when fully dressed, but only somewhat when drab. But I always am underdressed, I haven't worn anything but panties in quite awhile. I don't subscribe to the internet definition of Sissy but yet I feel most often like a Sissy. Maybe there should be another word to describe me. In truth I'm just a feminine little bitch.

Yes, this is a charged word with different connotations for different folks in different contexts. It tends to make me think of men who want to wear frilly things, can't accept that about themselves, and get another to "force" them to wear such things. It's probably a horribly distorted view of a lifestyle/sexual preference that I admittedly don't understand. There are certainly other definitions!

In truth I'm just a feminine little bitch.
    Again, I can strongly identify. Whatever you call it, feminizination feels great, to me...

There are a multitude of words, phrases and objects (e.g. Confederate Battle Flag...symbol of Southern Heritage and State's rights to some and a symbol of slavery to oh so many others!) that conjure up both positive and negative feelings for different populations. Since "sissy" is found offensive by so many in the trans-community, why would anyone want to use it despite however they personally feel about the term. Just simply know that the term is profoundly derogatory/abusive/insulting to many of us where this word was an offensive weapon (yes, words hurt...the pen is truly mightier than the sword) used against us while growing up (our impressionable and formative years). Again, really, why would you want to use a word once you realize it hurts others??
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I don't subscribe to the internet definition of Sissy but yet I feel most often like a Sissy. Maybe there should be another word to describe me. In truth I'm just a feminine little bitch.
    I don't subscribe to the definition of what a stapler is, I refer to them as bananas. Who cares if know one else understands what I am talking about. I know what I mean.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be called a sissy, or a feminine little bitch. Either one would be offensive. Referenced as feminine. That's fine.

ReineD
    I'll adhere to the second definition of you don't mind.
    Last edited by Josie; 08-25-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Banned Read only
    Josie,
    It's something some of us go through during our Cding lifetime, I had a real thing about the French maid dresses and being a forced to act subservient , some of the sites became too explicit to the point of repulsion , did I ever consider myself sissy , not really, it's more to do with wearing the frills and lace . I still have a couple of outfits which are fun to wear occasionally but having to fight and struggle to be out as a Cder has left subservience behind, dressing expresses a part of me, if you are out it takes some courage as most will testify so I'm far from sissy .

If some like the term and enjoy that lifestyle we shouldn't knock it .

Call me what you like, just make it feminine. Sometimes I'm a real bitch and sometimes I'm a sweet sexy submissive. Go figure!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

The truth is I like being a bitch sometimes and sometimes a submissive women. I love being the one that cooks and cleans. I'm more a housewife than anything and I like it!

Dear Josie,
    There are many heart felt points already here with which I too agree.
    Your last post seems to sum up what often happens to me, I have so many different moods on different days it is not sensible to use labels as tomorrow I feel quite differently a different label would be better...so let's go without the labels please.

Tania
    X

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I never feel that way. For me, "sissy" is a derogatory term.
    Amen to that. Unless you're directing the word to a person who has a fetish for being a "sissy," keep it out of the conversation. I find it offensive. This issue has been on this forum before. I really detest the word appearing on eBay when advertising women's lingerie. Does a plus size woman who regularly buys clothes at Catherine's, Roaman's, et al like being lured in with "sissy?" I think not.

When I was growing up the term "sissy" was always directed toward other boys who were not athletic. "Sissy" is up there with "candy ass" and "pansy" and other derogatory terms to attack a boy's or man's lack of perceived "manliness."

I just pee'd and I sat down to do it! I always sit down to pee. I like it that way.

Sissy....Some like it, some do not. Just ask who ever you talk to. I dress in "sissy maid" dresses from time to time and I still kind of cringe when I hear the word sissy. I am pretty masculine and in control in day to day life. I simply adore the look....I mean, look at my screenname! I am pretty confident in general though, so if someone calls me that, I simply tell them I am not a fan of the word and they move on.

No big deal to me either way though. I work out to stay in shape so I can fit in dresses, it keeps me secure as a side effect. A word coming from someone I do not care about does not offend me.

The term "sissy" isn't bad in and of itself. EXECEPT, it is nearly always used in a context of power. I hate it when someone uses it to establish their power over me. I'm ok with it if I choose to relinquish power. I see it more or less like the term "girl" is for a gg. If that makes any sense.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Spirit View Post
    I don't subscribe to the definition of what a stapler is, I refer to them as bananas. Who cares if know one else understands what I am talking about. I know what I mean....
    Crack up!

While it's not the nicest word in the world, all I can say is that if I could find a woman who was in the least bit ok with crossdressing or roleplay, if she wanted to refer to me as a sissy, or anything else for that matter, she could call me whatever she wanted to. 'Sticks and stones', and all that jazz. If it's all in fun, it's OK with me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    There's a sissy lifestyle or roleplay that Ressie may he referring to. I'm not into that. There's sissy style, a certain overly girly look characterized by frilly dresses with lots of ruffles and lace (as I see it, anyway. Others define it differently). I love this style, but still haven't bought that perfect Lolita-style dress I want. And then there are the [often bad] memories of childhood many have experienced.
    We shouldn't call crossdressers sissies collectively, because some don't want to be called sissies, believing it to be derogatory or offensive. But the word shouldn't be banned just because some don't like it. Those who identify as sissy don't mind the tag. If I'm dressed sissy style, you can call me a sissy.
    I think Nicole is right on the money here. Its what we think of ourselves. Some of us are OK with the word, and some are not.

It's curious to me how some nomenclatures are so controversial. Even in Reine's definitions, there is a wide variety of descriptions.

While in male mode, if one referred to me as sissy, I would be nonplused and offended. However, I have always wanted the satin dress with Peter Pan collar, puffy sleeves, poofy skirt, etc. Even better would be my wife and I BOTH dressed in such outfits. Does that make me sissy? Well, maybe in that role. Fetish? Of course. Sissy? depends on your definition. I was a real ass kicker when I was young. I didn't take s&)t off of anybody.

I knew a girl that was nicknamed "sissy" and she really was; just the kind of dressing I find so erotic. She didn't find it offensive at all.

Are we today too wrapped up in labels? So and so is racist! So and so is homophobic! So and so is anti-Islamic! I threw up a little, but swallowed hard. Sorry. If you're too frikkin' offended by the "sissy" label, maybe you're a sissy at heart because you get easily offended by such an innocuous and unspecific and ambiguous word.

Silver Member
    Today is one of the few days that I'm wearing a dress. While I feel feminine in many ways I've never felt sissy. I was called that a few times as a derogatory statement.

I went shopping with a gg friend. We were caught in the rain and when I came home I put on a cotton maxi dress that I've had for months and never wore.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

Sis·sy
    Noun (informal):
    1. a person regarded as effeminate or cowardly. Synonyms: coward, weakling, milksop, namby-pamby, baby, wimp. Informal: softie, chicken, milquetoast; mama's boy, pantywaist, twinkie, crybaby, powder puff.

Adjective:
    1. feeble and cowardlyynonyms: effeminate, effete, unmanly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaK View Post
    It's curious to me how some nomenclatures are so controversial. Even in Reine's definitions, there is a wide variety of descriptions.

If you're too frikkin' offended by the "sissy" label, maybe you're a sissy at heart because you get easily offended by such an innocuous and unspecific and ambiguous word.
    Are you reading the same definition I am? So, if I pick any random label I choose to, and I call you it, if you don't like it, all it really means, is that you are exactly that very thing at heart? Wow, very weird logic. Some reasoning leaves me so confused.

It's just a word. In this context a self applied label. To some offensive (their thinking) but so are some pet names.
    Gina

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Spirit View Post
    I don't subscribe to the definition of what a stapler is, I refer to them as bananas. Who cares if know one else understands what I am talking about. I know what I mean.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be called a sissy, or a feminine little bitch. Either one would be offensive. Referenced as feminine. That's fine.
    Every time I call my stapler a BANANA it jams.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

This thread reminded me of something deep in my past. I was very young, perhaps around 7 years old and my short trousers that I always wore at that age were slipping down. I remember using my forearms to grip against the waist band and work the pants back up again. My Father saw me doing that and said I was behaving like a girl and should grip the waistband with my fingers and pull the pants up.
    I still remember the confusion I felt and wondering what was wrong with doing something in the same way that girls did. I suppose he was referring to the way a girl whose knickers were slipping down beneath her dress would use her forearms to wiggle them back up. So I suppose in my Father's eyes I was being "sissy" and he didn't want to have a "sissy" boy.
    I think it was starting at that time I realized that somehow I was just different.

Strange how these memory fragments suddenly surface.

OK Girls. I am a little experienced in the "SISSY" Dressing style. SEE my flicker link below my signature. I from time to time enjoy dressing as a "SISSY"
    In the t-girl world it is not a derogatory saying. It's a particular way of dressing up like a little girl going to a party. In a very frilly dress with a petticoat.
    For me it is not a submissive thing I just love the VERY VERY Feminine way it make me feel.. TOO much fun wearing mary jane shoes with frilly socks. Pigtails with ribbons. Basically, i am just saying it another form of crossdressing. That should be accepted on this forum.

XOXO Tiffany Amber Rhoads.

i dislike the word sissy, it's degrading to all men who still hold on to their man card to some degree. Especially once you expose yourself to what the internet thinks "sissy" means. Sissy is pretty much "gay femme boy" but most of us aren't gay as our attraction to women is so strong we feminize a part of ourselves to reach our desires.

Being a sissy implies that your man card is completely gone, it's a label that doesn't serve many of us who live on both sides of the spectrum.

I'm not a fan of the term "sissy" either.
    There are those that like the term and dress in a way that most would call sissy, the frilly little girl style seems to come to mind. For those that enjoy that fine, for me I don't care for it and don't wish to be referred to as a sissy at any time whether I'm dressed or not.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !