Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The sissy word

When I was young being called a sissy was not nice to be called. I had been called that or girly at times, even had a gym coach call me Suzie once, I guess to shame me, I didn't think I was projecting that. I don't think I ever really thought about that at the time. The whole idea of Gender Dysphoria was not yet out there.
    Once got pushed into a fight, and he said "even fights like a girl". Sometimes our childhood is something we have to survive.

I think that if one self-identifies as a "sissy", whether in terms of a fashion style or fetish lifestyle, then it's ok to call oneself a sissy.

But it's not ok to call another crossdresser a sissy as it's offensive to so many.

My two cents go along with what Lilyy137 + Mayo said - google sissy and the images and fanfic/bimbofication/etc stuff is what now comes to my mind. Some of them use the term sissyboy to get the message across but the simple term of sissy was also engulfed with that. I'd rather stay away from it for that reason. If you tell people you are a crossdresser or a sissy googling it comes across significantly differently.

I like most of what this guy has to say about it. But, as opposed to him, both my effeminacy and homosexuality are rooted more in anxiety than reality. Also I think I'm a little further along in accepting and celebrating my inner fairy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b00c54015cc4a8

I like to think of it as being GIRLY, cute and Totally FEM.!

But Sissy is nice too.
    Last edited by JaniceP; 09-02-2016 at 01:24 PM.

I know what I thought "sissy' meant a few decades ago. Not any longer, and it doesn't really matter any more. If sissy meant that someone was a homosexual or wanted to be a gurl, then does that mean a guy who was "macho" couldn't be a homosexual or crossdresser? I think we all know the answer, and many of us have reached the point of not feeling the need to define or care about any of those terms.

Quote Originally Posted by JaniceP View Post
    I like to think of it as being GIRLY, cute and Totally FEM.!

But Sissy is nice too.
    I agree with that!! Anyway here I am at 1AM in my petticoats and a bra, [underdressed for me], looking at myself in a mirror, and thinking, what a sissy I am at times!! To me, sissy is just another word for fun.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Cannot say I feel like a sissy when I'm dressed up; I feel great, I know that for sure.
    I do feel limited when in high heels, but I love that feeling.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

As Meghan4now said as well as others , it is a very derogatory word!! Picture frilly, overly feminine, add Meghan4now's comments!! Yuk even genetic females loathe that word!!! You are looking for a word that means feminine without those negative connotations! Even the term ultrafeminine does not have those connotations!! Hugs Lana Mae

Banned Read only
    I can't say that I've ever felt like a sissy. Not even sure what it would feel like. But, I'm not bothered in the slightest if called a sissy.

I dont feel like a sissy when i look in a mirror i see me i see my whole self

Even though I like a woman taking control and dominating me I can't say I feel like a sissy, especially when I'm dressed up. I just feel pretty and like i know what i want.

While I wouldn't classify myself as a"Sissy" I believe it to be just one more of the offshoots of what is this wonderful world we occupy. The whole Sub part of it, is just not me, but I can still enjoy and respect the frilliness of it all. At the end of the day its a word..... How it is used, is what is important. Intentionally spat out to hurt is one thing..... As a general description of a facet of our world, entirely different. So go on Gurls, grab your pink, and let your frills fly...

The next re-supply mission to the ISS will include a requested DVD of "Coal Miner's Daughter" to be delivered by a spacecraft named the Sissy SpaceX. Sorry.

Merriam-Webster says: : a boy who is weak or who likes things that girls usually like
    : a person who is weak and fearful

Ok the first definition seems to apply to us, but the second? I think it's important to realize that that isn't a whole different definition, but rather coloration of the first. That is, traditionally when a person was referred to as a sissy, they were said to be embodying the most NEGATIVE [percieved] traits of femininity. I.e. Weakness, fearfulness, powerlessness. If you don't mind those descriptors applying to you then that's your deal. I for one don't feel that way about myself so I would never call myself that, nor would I refer to anyone else as such.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    The next re-supply mission to the ISS will include a requested DVD of "Coal Miner's Daughter" to be delivered by a spacecraft named the Sissy SpaceX. Sorry.
    The quip was hilarious. That I'm old enough to get it... Not as funny.

baldy1 used the dictionary definition of sissy. Social media, particularly tumblr, has seemed to fix on a meaning. And so it goes.

Crossdressers may be many things but I don't think you can be weak or a coward to do what we do. So that part of the doesn't IMO seem to apply.

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    The only weakness or cowardly thing about being a cross dresser. Is being afraid to do it outside the safety of your house.
    I'm there. But am very slowly working on it.

I love the term and use it myself to describe my dressing and gender identity to others. I don't fully dress or try to present as a woman, but simply enjoy being a male with some subtle but noticeable feminine traits or features - painted toes, waxed/shaved body, feminine bikini bottoms and shorts, perfume, etc. That's generally my everyday routine. I just love to incorporate several feminine cues into my otherwise masculine appearance. The term 'sissy' has definitely turned into a pejorative, but I think it perfectly describes my gender/sexuality - feminine, submissive, bi/gay. I know many of you are not submissive or bi/gay, so I can certainly understand why you'd find it less appealing, though. But it's perfect for me.