Thread: skewed closet balance

skewed closet balance

I made an interesting observation today. Roughly 80% of the clothes and shoes in my closet are definitely female clothes and shoes now. The same goes for what is in my two dressers, and what is in my clothing storage bins is mostly unisex. And virtually all of those female clothes - except for some panties and a small batch of 'starter stuff' that fit in a small gym bag - is stuff purchased in the last two and a half years!

More than half of what is in my closet is not unisex or male, but unquestionably female clothes. And don't even get me started on jewelry, personal hygiene stuff or cosmetics! I went to a kid-friendly amusement park in male mode this week, and what I bought for 'me' as a souvenir was three pairs of decidedly feminine pierced earrings! And I was there with family members I am not Out with yet! I've discarded a lot of male clothing and purchased a lot of female or arguably 'unisex' clothing from the women's department or from stores like Hot Topic, which primarily cater to female customers, to replace my old male clothes, over the past two and a half years. I can't even clearly recall the last time I bought specifically 'male' new clothing. Nor can I clearly recall the last time I wore entirely male clothing and shoes. I'm usually at least wearing female pants, panties and shoes, every day. I'll walk through a store like Macy's or Penney's or even Target or Wal Mart and be very interested in the women's clothes, shoes, jewelry and cosmetics, but can hardly care about the men's stuff.

I identify as Gender Fluid, and I've been saying I was aiming for a 50/50 balance between my female and male aspects... Admittedly, my feminine aspect has some catching up to do, since I really only accepted 'her' as a part of 'me' about two and a half years ago... But I do believe my subconscious is telling me something...
    Last edited by Ceera; 08-25-2016 at 10:46 PM.

Very much the same Ceera My SO has agreed that I'll be the one getting the walk in closet.

I am very much guilty of this as well.
    Over the last year I bought 7 pairs of high heel sandals and 1 pair of mens leather shoe for work and 1 pair of trainers.
    I had not bought any mens shirts or pants so far this year but have bought 2 maxi dresses, 1 off shoulder mini dress, 2 skirt and 2 tops to match and countless accessories...........

I finally have to buy a men's winter coat this year. It will be a sad occasion as my deceased wife helped pick out the one I need to replace. However, in the past two years I purchased three women's winter coats even though I will only wear them a few times each month. Yes, Ceera, I know what you are writing about.

To me, that's about the right closet balance. Mine is also like yours.

If I did the math on my closet, I would bet it would be closer to 95% - 5%
    With Raychel on top and no doubt staying there for a Very long time,

The male clothing supply in my closet is dropping,
    Good thing work supplies uniforms,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Platinum Member
    Hi Ceera, In the three closets the total length of the closet

rods are about 16'with probably 18"alloud to Mr. Drab.
    Shoes are 150+Ladies to 5 Men's ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

OK, but closet contents aren't what measures a person's gender identity balance, if that's the suggestion here.

Reality Check
    Since I am retired, I don't need a lot of fancy male clothes. I still have a lot that need to go. My female clothes far outnumber my male clothes and many of them need to go also. A lot just don't get worn anymore since I've bought nicer ones and figured out what looks good on me and what doesn't.

I would think most practicing this lifestyle would have or will have more femme items than male, as a male it is acceptable not to have various colours, styles. I mean look at the award ceremonies, men easy a suit, you can wear that suit to numerous ceremonies and not be commented on, if a woman wears the same outfit even a couple of years later she is hounded. And I haven't touched on shoes or jewelry. I haven't bought any male specific clothing/shoes for quite a while (18months+) and can't envision any purchases in the near future.
    gina

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I try not to amass clothes but tend to buy female items I want, and male items I need, hence I have more of the former. Just a few days ago my SO got me some new male undies. I'd have worn the old ones until my backside was literally hanging through them. But when shes bra shopping and I'm with her there's sooo much stuff I'd like to get..

My SO says that my Fem to male ratio on clothes is pretty evenly split. I have a stand alone wardrobe that is all female clothes of mine plus a couple dresser drawers. Which pretty much matches my gender fluid life. But I love my fem clothes and treat them with far more respect.
    Part Time Girl