Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD's, are u creative? I mean about your fem self?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question CD's, are u creative? I mean about your fem self?

I'm directing this more toward dressers who don't dress all the time. I understand trans that dress often can't be bothered spending hours getting ready!

I've always been a tinkerer. As such, I'm never satisfied with Sherry's looks.

I'm always fiddling with her looks, figure, outfits, and trying new and inventive ideas for her story personas.

But, I know lots of CD's who r content to simply throw on the same things time after time. Some make their look more fem over time. But, others r quite happy with their obvious man in a dress appearance year after year. Wearing the same style dress, wig, etc., etc.

R u a creative dresser? That strives for different looks? Or, just blissfully happy throwing on whatever u have at hand?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

New to dressing I have begun the journey to expand my wardrobe. I enjoy changing up my look from being a girl coming from the gym to being the sexy secretary. Now that my size is close to my wife's the opportunity to create new looks is greater than ever

I do aspire to be creative with my looks, and try to avoid reruns
    of past outfits. Mostly I've explored a variety of "normal" styles
    (that you might see in public) and occasionally ventured into
    costume territory on Halloween (island girl, softball player).

I'd love to try out something that splits the difference (goth maybe?)
    or that incorporates other cultures, but I'm wary of stumbling into
    insensitivity or misappropriation.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I understand trans that dress often can't be bothered spending hours getting ready!
    Bothered? We aren't bothered, we are just MORE efficient
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I don't have patience.
    I NEED to be somewhere NOW
    I NEED to do something NOW

So most days I'm dressed & out the door in 15 minutes.
    I uesd to have the days where I would try on 15 outfits to get the "look" but now just want to experience life "out there".
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I never look the same way twice myself. The looks can be similar but what really stands out is the personality and how I "work it", expressions and movements to make it more realistic.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I love thinking through the next outfit for my social meetings, so far I haven't worn the same thing twice , OK I might throw on the same things at home and don't wear makeup or a wig. Going out is very special because it 's taken so long to get to this point, I know age is stacking up against me but I'm happy with how I look, and the shopping is still so much fun. I'd like to think I look more than just a guy in a dress and do get some lovely comments both from my pictures and reality.

Do I consider myself creative ? I'm not sure I just think how would a GG go out in the same circumstances, what would she wear with the colour and style of dress and what accessories are right without being OTT. It just feels comfortable and natural and I'm happy with that.

Sherry I would not say I was creative but it to me a while to find out what works.

I have had other looks in the past one of which still makes me cringe when I see the picture.

I would say its more about finding your own style and then its just a matter of evolving from there.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

No...I'm not a creative person by nature Sherry, and that explains why makeup is such a challenge for me, and why I struggle to find and develop that "signature" look. I'm not satisfied to just throw on any old thing, and I'm quite capable of being neat in my presentations. My wife tells me I have good taste, but as we all know, that's not the same as being creative. Putting a complete package together in a knockout way is more happenstance for me, than by design.

Karen

Reality Check
    Not creative enough to wear a rubber suit in public but I don't throw on the same thing time after time either. Well, I do throw on the same boobs, butt and wig every time to make the transition from Homer to Krisi.

We all have our own ways of crossdressing and for the most part, that's fine. My goal is to be the daughter my mother never had, the sister I never had. That means I am now a "senior" woman so I dress and do my makeup appropriately. I don't try to look like a "granny", but I don't try to pretend I'm a teenager either. I don't wear wedding gowns or ballet outfits. I dress like a normal woman my age attempting to look a few years younger than she really is just like most women my age would.

I'm the woman you see in Ruby Tuesdays having dinner with her friends or husband. I'm the woman you see shopping at Kohls or JC Pennys.

Doc, I was crestive in my early crossdressing years, especially with wigs and makeup. I tried different wig colors, styles, and lengths, thinking st the time that they would look good on me, but they didn't. I had a couple of wigs that I wore only once. Likewise, it took a long time to find a makeup look I liked. I never had such issues with clothing and shoes.
    Now I know how to transforn to achieve the look that pleases me (ah, the benefit of closet dressing), so I don't try to he creative as I did in the psst.

Doc, I am somewhat creative and have my own style of dressing which is different from my SO. I'm not as creative as you however I do try to do feminine things and look as good as I can.
    Part Time Girl

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I am very creative. I am making a full circle skirt to go with a blazer I found. I am also making a flared but not full circle skirt too. Both without a pattern. It is like a sheet metal drawing from back in drafting class.

If you have seen me in my Santa costume, I made that skirt too. The "top" was a TOO SHORT Haloween costume dress that I changed in to a top.

I have been recoloring sets of heels, boots, flats, kitten heels, purse, and hat to match. So far I have a set in pink, white, royal blue, dark red, and yellow. Next will be fushia, bright red, dark green, brown, and maybe coral. So when I put together an outfit I can coordinate the colors. This way I can have a comfortable pair of heels or flats or boots for any outfit. Most purchased at discount or GWs.

I alter the pieces as needed. Like shortening a dress or skirt. The left over material becomes a sash for a hat. I have altered shoes too. I take things in as needed. I found a yellow lace dress two sizes too big, new, for $16.00. I took it in.

I bought close out necklaces that were damaged and altered them to look great and with the excess I made ankle bracelets.

SUCH FUN!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Sherry, I'm always fascinated with the new stuff I find and everything else is just so yesterday. I'm always into anything theme related. And, recently I've been consumed by combining video and images. To me, makeup is a drudgery so I try to emulate as best I can without it. I'm just not a stickler about absolute passability. It's about the experience for me. I also add other, ehem, creative elements into the matrix. But, that's a whole other topic not for discussion in this forum.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Sometimes I'm not clear enuff in my posts to get what I mean across. "Creativity" was a bad choice of words. I should have said "variety" or "different looks"?
    I know those of u that r TS and/or go out a lot to vanilla venues, like the posters below, and don't spend a lot of time getting ready and experimenting with your looks. Like a lot of us CD's that only get out a few times a month do. U have the look u want clearly in mind every time u dress. and, without a thot, u pick out a dress and accessories, do your makeup and off u go!

On the other hand, many of us CD's think long and hard about the next time we will dress. And, if it's at home and in private we can let our imagination run away. And, I want to try to re create the sometimes wild vision in my head!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Sherry,
    I love thinking through the next outfit for my social meetings, so far I haven't worn the same thing twice , OK I might throw on the same things at home and don't wear makeup or a wig. Going out is very special because it 's taken so long to get to this point, I know age is stacking up against me but I'm happy with how I look, and the shopping is still so much fun. I'd like to think I look more than just a guy in a dress and do get some lovely comments both from my pictures and reality.

Do I consider myself creative ? I'm not sure I just think how would a GG go out in the same circumstances, what would she wear with the colour and style of dress and what accessories are right without being OTT. It just feels comfortable and natural and I'm happy with that.
    =
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    Sherry I would not say I was creative but it to me a while to find out what works.

I have had other looks in the past one of which still makes me cringe when I see the picture.

I would say its more about finding your own style and then its just a matter of evolving from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    I don't have patience.
    I NEED to be somewhere NOW
    I NEED to do something NOW

So most days I'm dressed & out the door in 15 minutes.
    I uesd to have the days where I would try on 15 outfits to get the "look" but now just want to experience life "out there".
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Not creative enough to wear a rubber suit in public but I don't throw on the same thing time after time either. Well, I do throw on the same boobs, butt and wig every time to make the transition from Homer to Krisi.

We all have our own ways of crossdressing and for the most part, that's fine. My goal is to be the daughter my mother never had, the sister I never had. That means I am now a "senior" woman so I dress and do my makeup appropriately. I don't try to look like a "granny", but I don't try to pretend I'm a teenager either. I don't wear wedding gowns or ballet outfits. I dress like a normal woman my age attempting to look a few years younger than she really is just like most women my age would.

I'm the woman you see in Ruby Tuesdays having dinner with her friends or husband. I'm the woman you see shopping at Kohls or JC Pennys.
    Sorry, Lorileah. "Bothered" wasn't a good choice. What I meant was u won't spend the time CD's do getting ready.
    How much does it take u to get ready to go out on the average? My good CD friend takes a minimum of 1 hour. Just putting on his already picked out outfit and makeup. Unlike me, he always wears the exact same look and style of clothing every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Bothered? We aren't bothered, we are just MORE efficient
    Thank u, Carla and Billie A Jean. For explaining your interest in diversity.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    Sherry, I'm always fascinated with the new stuff I find and everything else is just so yesterday. I'm always into anything theme related. And, recently I've been consumed by combining video and images. To me, makeup is a drudgery so I try to emulate as best I can without it. I'm just not a stickler about absolute passability. It's about the experience for me. I also add other, ehem, creative elements into the matrix. But, that's a whole other topic not for discussion in this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieAnneJean View Post
    I am very creative. I am making a full circle skirt to go with a blazer I found. I am also making a flared but not full circle skirt too. Both without a pattern. It is like a sheet metal drawing from back in drafting class.

If you have seen me in my Santa costume, I made that skirt too. The "top" was a TOO SHORT Haloween costume dress that I changed in to a top.

I have been recoloring sets of heels, boots, flats, kitten heels, purse, and hat to match. So far I have a set in pink, white, royal blue, dark red, and yellow. Next will be fushia, bright red, dark green, brown, and maybe coral. So when I put together an outfit I can coordinate the colors. This way I can have a comfortable pair of heels or flats or boots for any outfit. Most purchased at discount or GWs.

I alter the pieces as needed. Like shortening a dress or skirt. The left over material becomes a sash for a hat. I have altered shoes too. I take things in as needed. I found a yellow lace dress two sizes too big, new, for $16.00. I took it in.

I bought close out necklaces that were damaged and altered them to look great and with the excess I made ankle bracelets.

SUCH FUN!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 08-28-2016 at 02:31 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

very much so, as in almost everything, i am creative and artistic, with dresses, skirt combos, sweaters, coats, shoes. Pearls, broaches, bangles, glasses. i definitely plan on what i will wear during my next session down the road, or time i go out, plan, quite a bit.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 08-28-2016 at 01:24 PM.

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    In that I case I misunderstood your question, I feel you're a little harsh on calling them vanilla outings, it's taken me far too long to reach this point and to start to enjoy what dressing really means. It's so good to meet other members of the TG community , OK it's more relaxing than exciting but I'm happy to be out doing it.

As to your main point no I don't spend hours experimenting at home, I know you're into role play , I would guess very few are are into that. Even if I wanted to, being in a DADT situation at home would rule it out besides if it doesn't do anything for you then there's no point in doing it. Besides that I have too much to do in male mode both in time and money to devote to anything more than my current level of dressing.

Teresa, what I meant by vanilla outings was going shopping, out to lunch, etc. As opposed to going out to a special event or nite club. Where u would more likely spend extra time on your look. Many closet dressers like me don't ever go out for a casual lunch at Dennys or out shopping at Walmart, Macys, or the mall dressed.

You're correct about the special effects, sets, and outfits I prepare for my picto stories. I spend an inordinate amount of time and effort on those!

However, when I'm going out clubbing with the girls or to a T event in Vegas? I prepare and dress just like any other T who makes the effort to look pretty and shapely.

I believe that a crossdressers' goal is to get a particular 'feeling' from dressing up. So when we find a certain outfit that does that well, we may simply stick with it until we get tired of it. The female urge to change her appearance constantly in order to maintain a high degree of continued interest from one male doesn't always exist in us, as it's not part of the natural male mating behavior as it is for females.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I spent a long time finding a look I was happy with, and while I wear something different each time I dress my face, hair, ect stays fairly constant. As Sometimes_miss says its not just a look but a feeling you aim for, (well I do anyway..). I've never tried to be someone else other than myself in female clothes, though I certainly would never criticise someone who does want that. Vive la differance! as the French say

I'm still working on my en femme persona but here is a rough draft of the story.

Marcelo Hunter was born in 1968 to Ernest and Carmen Hunter in Longview, TX. In Germany, his father was know as Ernst Jäger but he changed it to Ernest Hunter upon immigrating to the United States in 1967. This was because his father, Günter Jäger, was supposedly a mad genetic scientist under the Nazi rule of Hitler. Carmen, who was from Spain, gave the name Marcelo because it is Spanish for little warrior. (Günter Jäger is German for warrior hunter).

Marcelo hated performing arts and thought they were for sissies. But his sisters always forced him into performing with them in dance and singing. In attempt to humiliate them and ruin their acts, he would over emphasize his character's moves and persona. This, however, only made the crowds go wild over his performances and he became an idol in the eyes of all the young women who saw him on stage. His sisters eventually became jealous and left him alone.

Marcelo and his sisters were recruited to work at their father's sports complex in Shreveport, LA and on Halloween it was the tradition for them to dress up Marcelo as a cheerleader for the flag football main event. This was one thing that Marcelo really enjoyed although he tried to keep it to a minimum to hide it. He even wrote his own cheer for the general cheerleaders (players wives, girlfriends, mothers, sisters) who were recruited to cheer during the games. Recruitment of these cheerleaders was also Marcelo's idea for getting people involved who didn't really care to watch the games. One of the perks was that they got two free beers as a reward and got to sell beer which resulted in generous tipping by the drunk men who liked being flirted with by pretty women in short skirts.

These cheerleaders were known as the Beerkatz which is an adaption for the German words bier katzen. (English is beer cats). A Beerkat is a crossbreed of a meerkat and a bearcat. It was Marcelo's grandfather who did the lab experiments to get the two species to interbreed. The legend of how he got them to do this was by getting them drunk on his own handcrafted homebrew. Marcelo talked his father into purchasing quite a few cheerleader uniforms with the name Beerkatz on the chest for the recruits to wear on the sideline. It soon became an honor to serve as a Beerkat. Beerkatz Brewery was also the name of Ernest's microbrewery on the lot next to the athletic park.

Marcelo had the Beerkatz chant recorded and when it was played over the PA all of Ernest's microbrew was 2 for 1 for the next 10 minutes. The Beerkatz chant goes as follows:

We're the Beerkatz and we love to cheer
    We love to cheer for ice cold beer
    Grab a cold one and pop the top
    We've got a brew that can't be stopped
    In a 12-pack, a 6-pack or a single on the run
    We've got to cheer for Beerkatz
    'Cause Beerkatz are number 1!

Marcelo dressing up as a cheerleader on Halloween had become quite popular and all the Beerkatz continually asked him to dress up with them at the regular games. They all knew who he was because he would take them to the locker rooms and distribute the uniforms. He agreed to the last game of the night on weekends but only if he could have a few beers first. So the lucky ladies who cheered for those teams had a hay day getting him all dolled up for the games. Marcelo then took on the name of Marcy and one of the ladies had Marcy embroidered on his personal uniform.

A casino manager from Atlantic City, George Romero, who lost a very large bet against one of Ernest's defunct teams called the Machetes, offered a double or nothing bet against Ernest's current team, The Castrators on Halloween night in 1990. He called his team The Zombies and claimed that they were from the fraternity Zeta Mu Beta of Zomberland Junior College. As an added perk, George brought in a dance team to perform Michael Jackson's Thriller during halftime. Ernest's athletic park had almost astronomical success due the raised drinking age in neighboring states. And by then he had even built a set of good sized grand stands around the main field that also doubled as outdoor concert arena. Ernest knew that even if he lost he would still make a huge profit but it was the bet itself that made him take up the offer.

The day and the event came and the turnout was huge! Extra bleachers were set up in the end zones and the local cable TV company even came out to broadcast it live! For the first time they actually had to sell tickets for the main event and the scalpers made some nice profits. There was also a Halloween parade and costume contests with prizes up to $1000 for each category. School buses were used to transport people from remote parking. Then, at 9:00 PM, the coin was tossed.

It was nothing short of a great game. The Zombies were no easy match for The Castrators and fights broke out. The fans were going wild, buying lots of food and beer which made Ernest very happy. The extra Beerkatz who didn't make the main event squad cut were in full force distributing beers and dogs to the fans in the grandstands. The first half was fierce then came halftime.

Marcy and his squad went to the parking lot across the street to relax during the Thriller halftime show. Just before the stadium lights dimmed and the music started a small convoy of buses pulled up outside and people dressed as zombies filed out. These zombies not only had top notch makeup and costumes but also emitted an awful smell that reached their olfactory glands. Marcy was baffled by it and pondered the situation but thought they were part of the show due to having such a buzz from all the beer he had been drinking. It didn't immediately register that these were real zombies sent out to attack the people and destroy his father's business. It was about that time that he saw George Romero's limousine make a hasty exit from the park.

The lights dimmed, the music started and the halftime show was rocking! Then, as soon as it was over the zombie attack began...

Marcy and his squad had hesitated to go back in and that was a very good thing. Upon hearing the screams and seeing people being attacked he realized these late arriving zombies were not entertainers but the real thing. He quickly came up with a plan and gathered his squad together for action.

Having grown up around the park most of his life he knew all the ins and outs from playing tag and chase games. But he also knew where the Machetes' cheerleaders' machetes were stored and made a break for them. Before the night was over, Marcy and the Beerkatz had killed off most of the zombies by luring them between the benches of the bleachers and having his squad cut off their heads. The heads were thrown into the concession freezers and sold to fishing boat owners as gourmet shark bait. (Sharks love zombie heads and are immune to the ZA virus). The zombies that were not killed escaped in the buses they arrived in. The athletic park was destroyed by fire and never rebuilt. But Marcy continued as a zombie hunter with the other Beerkatz and made a fine living selling zombie heads to wealthy shark anglers.

Eventually someone came up with the idea of having a fun run called a zombie run where people dress up as zombies to steal life flags from the runners. Marcelo has mostly retired from zombie hunting due to the advanced population control but still occasionally makes an appearance at these events.

Excellent points, Miss and Diane! When u r happy with your look, feeling comfortable and confident, why change anything?

Since I rarely ever have felt comfortable out dressed, (I can't recall even once), amongst the muggles I didn't consider that. Altho, I hope that day will come eventually.

I'm a creative person, but I don't spend that much time experimenting with cross dressing. I have other things to do. I have been looking for solutions lately about aspects of my CDing that I feel need improvement. And I've done a few alterations on clothes from thrift stores. Shape wear is also something I've been looking into lately.

I like learning about techniques from others and I've noticed that you (yes you docrobbysherry) have answered many threads on hip pads and how to make them! I tend to get started on projects like that but I guess I don't have enough interest to finish them.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Yes i think I can be creative with my looks, my style. i get bored with doing the same thing.

Ressie,
    My problem is starting projects, not finishing them. However, I've made a number of hip pads so I feel confident in making new ones. Fear that I will screw something up is the main reason I hesitate!

I suggest with hip pads all u need is the foam and a sharp pair of scissors. And, in an hour or less you'll have them. If they aren't perfect the first time after u try them on, (Hint: if u make them too big it's easy to cut more off), your second pair probably will be!