Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do we do it?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Why do we do it?

I've never seen my Wife in high heels. Lately, she's taken on a somewhat butch approach to apparel. Short hair, shorts, no bra, t-shirts, total comfort. Yet, me, as a crossdresser, it's all about bras and tits and garters and stockings and high heels and skimpy dresses and wigs and makeup! After a couple of hours, I'm physically uncomfortable but, I'm blissfully where I want to be.

So, just tell me about your feelings about this.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Um, pretty much, "ditto." Except that my wife started her butch phase years before I started dressing. She has been wearing more feminine tops recently, though, only because I started picking some out for her when we're out shopping. Happily, she's been choosing them on her own recently!

Yeah Carla, Same here. my SO is sometime butch and wears flipflops all the time. Me I like heels and boots and all the things nice. I generally don't get to unconformable though.
    Part Time Girl

I'm with you on all of it, except the uncomfortable part. I'm not sure I have anything uncomfortable, but makeup and corsets are hot in the summer! 😀
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Carla I couldn't have said it better! I'm driven to take myself to that place where I'm blissfully happy and contented. As for my wife she dresses in a very conservative but feminine way.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Well, my wife certainly isn't butch, unfortunately she is severely overweight and seems to be in denial over it. She wears 'comfortable' clothing. all of which I wouldn't touch with a barge-pole, ( I wear UK size 12 clothes, shes in a 24). I'm not a huge lingerie fan, but I do try to dress as well as I can and when I look at her I do feel some resentment that as a woman she can look so plain, and I can look so much better. I do love my wife and wish she would make some effort to get the weight off, but I've been trying to encourage her for years now with no result.

It is sad, that in my town, i very seldom see women over 40 in dresses, long hair, skirts, heels. A rare sight, indeed. We have to do something to cope with what is sadly missing and rare these days. I can understand comfort dressing much of the time, sure. We all need that. But, there is so utterly little dressing up now days. Even with guys! I suppose in downtown office building areas, you will see a lot more dresses, skirts, and heels, but when the gals get home, their are taken off quickly for tees , sweats, and running shoes. The super short hair, is a turn off for me, too.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm with u, Carla! I love the uncomfortable, restricted, even painful feeling of, girdles, pads, wigs, silicone, and hi heels of woman's things. If I want comfort, I'll dress in drab.

Except for one point with which I agree with your wife. With my silicone prosthesis, I almost NEVER wear bras anymore!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It's part of what we equate with being "feminine".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Carla your wife has found her mate she has no reason to put on all the trappings of womanhood she is not on the prowl.
    My second wife did the same thing and if I said anything bad about sweat pants/tops I was Mr mean ass and she made my life hell over it.
    DianeF She will only lose the weight when she wants to and all your nagging will make things worse.

Banned Read only
    Growing up Playboy and girly mags and pinup calenders trained us what sexy women look like, we were strongly attracted and turned on by this representation so it became ingrained in our brains. We wanted to be with them or better yet be them, we couldn't change our bodies to hour glass female so we did the next best thing; we became crossdressers. So far it beats watching T.V. or reading a book.

Banned Read only
    Are you suggesting that the way your wife dresses is influencing the way you dress? In other words, if she dressed in heels and tight dresses you would not need to?

It is absolutely shocking your wives want to dress comfortably. I mean,what gives them the right? How very dare they? You don't find that look attractive. Doesn't float your boat at all. Oh,hang on,I think I've heard this somewhere before....
    Having gone through the trials and tribulations of normal life,periods,pregnancies,raising the children,going through the menopause....yeah,I think they can wear what they want,it's just clothes right??
    Last edited by Dinky39; 08-27-2016 at 07:49 PM.

My wife said that I like all the things that she hate - stocking, heels, makeup, bras etc.
    she is defiantly not a butch, but wear comfortable cloths.
    I must said that I like her liked that (even tough i do LOVE her with heels...), and quite pleased she in not put makeup and that she more free than women I see (that I want to dress like those women...)

Silver Member
    Very good Dinky! My wife wears comfortable clothes as do most of the women we know. Most of theirs are feminine and can be very pretty too. I know a couple younger women with great bodies, who wear comfortable clothes when not at work. Yes they exercise at the gym.

The other question is how many of us look the best we can. How many of us are the same weight we were in our prime. There is an old saying that when we get married we want our wives to stay the same forever and the wives want to change us into their vision.

As for being uncomfortable you are wearing your clothes too tight probably. It isn't unusual for either sex. Women's clothes are not uncomfortable if fitted correctly. I wear them everyday. Just as my wife and daughters have found some pieces are just not right for one reason or another. Trade or purge those items.

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    I feel totally comfortable dressed when I'm out, if underwear and clothes fit OK it's not a problem. I did wear an underwired bra with a tight bodycon dress instead of a soft one so I was a little sore along the band line for a day or so after. The only other inconvenience is finding it a bit drafty in cold weather when wearing a dress especially getting in and out the car. I did feel I would tire of wearing a wig after a few hours but that hasn't happened .

I guess I just enjoy it so much I can't believe how natural it feels even carrying a handbag and using a purse .

Traci, I don't 'nag' my wife over her weight, but I don't want her to end up in a wheelchair either. She already has diabetes, her mother had it and it ended up killing her. You think I should do nothing?

Shouldn't this thread be called "Why don't they do it?"??? Seems that is what it has devolved to.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    DianeF I never said do nothing why would you even say something like that?
    My second wife had weight issues and so did I at the time.I still struggle with it so I'm not talking out of my butt on the subject.
    No need to go on the defensive on me OK?
    Dinky I'm with you a lady can wear what she wants.
    It seems many male CDers here are quite sexist when it come to what their wives wear.

Traci, I don't want to fall out with anyone on this forum. I am truly concerned that my wifes' weight issues could have long term consequences, and being told I nag her upset me a little. I try to help her eat healthily, I spent £300 on a treadmill for her, amongst other things, and I don't want her to end up like her mother. If, as you said, 'she'll lose the weight when she wants to' I dont want her to wait until its too late because right now her weight is actually increasing, she spends most of her day immobile and even struggles to get up the stairs. I was probabaly wrong with the do nothing phrase, but the nagging accusation was a bit out of order aswell.

I think like most guys find women much more womanly, fem, sexy, attractive in a dress and as you know just about every woman wears a dress for special occasions.

My wife hates dresses, I don't really know why, maybe it's the way they looked at her when she wore one.

I miss her in a dress. So sexy.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Why. Because they don't want to, and because we do. Am I wrong, or are we having one of these why do we do it threads every week now? Doesn't anyone read old threads? The forum is loaded with valuable information. Seek and you shall find.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I guess I'm one of the odd ones here, my wife is 100% girly girl. She dresses comfortable most of the time at home but out almost anywhere she's in dress or skirt, heels and don't get me started on purses. If her clothes fit me I'd be wearing all of it.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Just a couple of thoughts.

Young women dress sexy to catch a man, once they caught one they slowly get to the point where they feel they don't have to fix themselves up anymore, as they already caught what they wanted.

Any CDer knows how much time it takes to go the whole nine yards.

We can say that we like wearing a bra and stockings, but we don't do it every day either. How soon would the joy die out, if we "had" to do it every day!

My wife can't stand wearing pantyhose and thinks that I am nuts for wearing them. I might feel the same if I had to wear them every day. She gets the part about the tactile feelings I have for nylon, and that tight against the skin feel, but she finds nylon too hot and that makes her uncomfortable. She never wears high heels, in fact I don't think that she owns a pair, again a comfort issue. If life is about getting comfortable, and we get comfortable in lingerie, stockings and skirts, and they don't, then why can't they get comfortable their way and we in our way!

The problem is that many of them don't see it that way. Is it because many of us look really good dressed up and that makes them feel uncomfortable? One of my wife's biggest concerns was that she didn't want me to look better than her. Women think about themselves differently than the way a man thinks about himself. A woman looks in the mirror and sees everything wrong about herself. A guy looks and says AAH, and goes about his day.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Banned Read only
    Gillian,
    I agree with your reply as Lexi says this comes up regular so do the answers.

Reading your reply makes me think who will some the manufacturers end up making dresses, skirts and heels for ? If you look at it like that the Cding market is bigger than we think if they all still make money from it . It may be an interesting point to find out how many mail order/Ebay sell to the TG community. I know when my wife sold three items on Ebay two of them went to male addresses.