Thread: A normal romantic movie with LGBT ppl as a heroine/hero

A normal romantic movie with LGBT ppl as a heroine/hero

I always have thought about this ...yeah there are many movies which says the problem and life of a LGBT community by why not a movie which just portrays a love story of a LGBT people ....like any other normal love story ......A happy ending feel good love story which has LGBT ppl as Hero/heroine...??!!! Why not a movie like this? or is it there?

Boy meets girl is the story of a beautiful transgender girl and her journey to find love. I highly recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by junemay View Post
    Why not a movie like this? or is it there?
    Homophobia is still alive and thriving in America. And it's assumed by many that we're all gay or in denial. The crying game, brokeback mountain, etc., there aren't a whole lot of men who want to go see ANYTHING that isn't straight. There is a market for it, but it's simply not enough for the big studios, otherwise someone would be making those movies. That's the beauty of the free market; if there's a demand for it, it will be made. So people who want LGBTQ media made, are in the same boat as crossdressers who want crossdresser/straight girl bars, clubs, and websites. There simply aren't enough people who want it, to support it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I agree with sometimes_miss. There are a lot of guys that even though would enjoy watching the movie would not go out in public to see a movie about this. Maybe after it has been out for a while we'd get the and watch it in our homes.

Check out the web series "Her Story" with trans woman Jen Richards. On U tube.

Why not one wherein the hero/heroine is a spy or adventurer?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Exactly

Yup that's what I meant ...a very normal love,action or any story with lgbt ppl as a lead .

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Yup watched it.....it was good !!!!!I wish more film comes like that ....to add I would say Soldiers girl movie ...which actually showed the beautiful romance between the couple.....lee and troy was so awesome portraying those roles they did justification to their roles ......especially lee pace....much applause

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

If this is the case even with the super power US then I cannot imagine the status of LGBT ppl in country like India since we are so much conservative.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-29-2016 at 12:10 AM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Boy meets girl is a great movie and the Trans girl in the movie is actually trans.
    I recommend it highly.
    Plenty of homophobes on this site as well.

Secrets of a good movie -
    1) Bruce Willis / Brad Pitt (or Angelina Jolie)
    2) big guns and lots of shooting
    - story line not required
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

It would be especially neat if the heroine had to use some of her padding or accessories to fix a problem or make an escape.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Take a look for "Just Like a Woman". 1992. Adrian Pasdar and Julie Walters.

Alana

I recently watched Boy Meets Girl and Her Story and I enjoyed both of them. I highly recommend them.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    A T friend of mine in LA recently completed such a movie. She wrote, produced, and appears in it. I believe it will be released soon. But, no idea if any one will pick it up to show. The majors certainly won't.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Plenty of homophobes on this site as well.
    Please try to remember it's not their fault. We're a product of our life, and how we grew up usually is the strongest influence on that. There are some feelings (racial, for example) that we can get past, but when it involves ourselves, and how we fear others may judge us, it can hit a little too close to home and if you add in the confusion between straight and gay it can become very, very difficult to deal with. I was lucky to grow up in a rather liberal, open minded environment, close to a major city where pretty much everything is accepted and tolerated. Not everyone is so lucky.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebekah Paige View Post
    Boy meets girl is the story of a beautiful transgender girl and her journey to find love. I highly recommend it
    +1 for Boy Meets Girl. If you have Netflix, I believe its on streaming.

I also just watched "The New Girlfriend" a few days ago. It's a French movie about a woman who develops feelings for the widower of her deceased best friend, and how the fact that the widower is crossdresser impacts their relationship. Not as good as "Boy Meets Girl," but it is nice to see a movie that portrays crossdressers as real people who can love and be loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Alana Lucerne View Post
    Take a look for "Just Like a Woman". 1992. Adrian Pasdar and Julie Walters.

Alana
    I own "Just Like a Woman". It meets all the criteria.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104576/...?ref_=tt_ov_pl

I got mine on eBay.

But, I don't think it has been released in the US.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-30-2016 at 12:19 AM. Reason: didn't need to post ads for ebay
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

In Mamma Mia, one of the four romances was gay.

The Danish Girl also leaps to mind.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I own "Just Like a Woman". It meets all the criteria.

But, I don't think it has been released in the US.
    Is it a genuine DVD from the studio or just a bootleg transfer of the VHS tape version to DVD? I have the VHS tape that I bought many years ago but I'd like a higher-definition version, Blu Ray preferably, but I doubt that will ever happen. DVD is about the best we can realistically expect.

I have a fun movie from Germany on Blu Ray called Rubbeldiekatz, sort of a variation on the Tootsie movie, more or less fits the requirements.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-30-2016 at 12:18 AM. Reason: deleted stuff that didn't need reposting
    My name is Carol.

All these movies some how has a LGBT themes ...what I meant is a normal love story which is apart from LGBT centric issues ...all the movie necessarily portrays or explains certain issues of LGBT community ..... my thought is something like a movie where "a man falls in love with a crossdresser(m2f/f2m)" or anything normal love story or any other story be it a spy story like Kate Simmons mentioned!!!

Silver Member
    Just Like a Woman did indeed come out officially on DVD, both in the UK AND the US (I have the UK region 2 PAL version.) The official US region 1 NTSC version is very rare and was going for a serious amount of money. The region 2 DVD goes for about $25-30 right now, and some US sellers have it. Easy enough to play in the US with a little technical knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by junemay View Post
    All these movies some how has a LGBT themes ...what I meant is a normal love story which is apart from LGBT centric issues ...
    Momma Mia seems to fill the bill.

Not a film but there are quite a few lesbians in Pretty Little Liars. That series is my guilty pleasure.