Thread: Milestones

Milestones

William Shakespeare wrote about the 7 ages of man and that got me thinking about are there a number of not so much chronological stages in a CD’ers life but more milestones that can happen sometimes in differing orders for different folks.

So I began to think of what are the significant shared points that most are likely to experience at sometimes in their own journeys. Here’s my list;

1. The first piece of femme clothing you ever wore. I’m tempted to say more than once as that might indicate this wasn’t simply a one off.
    2. Buying your first pair of heels.
    3. Buying your first wig.
    4. Buying or making your first forms.
    5. First time out the house dressed even if it’s just outside the back door. I’ll also include drives in the car under this heading.
    6. First time fully dressed with makeup.
    7. First time out in public. I’ll distinguish this from 5 by saying this is heels on the ground out in a public place with muggles around.

I’m sure you will have your own thoughts on these but allow me to add one more; joining an online community like this one.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That's pretty much mine as well Helen, right down the line.
    I would include the first time I told somebody.
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I do recall some of the points you mentioned. First wig. I fully dressed and made up but had short 'boy' hair, no matter how I combed it it never looked right. Then back in 1989 I forced myself very nervously into a Transvestite store (Transformation, you may know it), rushed home, slapped some make up on and donned the wig I'd bought. I couldn't believe the difference it made, I just stared at myself for ages and the happiness was overwhelming. First heels, fairly recently actually, right size but like a pair of medeival torture devices until I broke them in, Forms, bags of rice (yeah,I know...) Had a few late night drives but very little opportunity for more. Been outside the door many times, sometimes to my car on the drive, and joined this forum recently after much debating if I should or not. Yet to go fully out in public but may pluck up the courage in the near future.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 08-28-2016 at 07:28 PM.

What about that first time you totally accept that you are a CDer and the shame goes away.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

The other day I met for coffee a female pastor at her church and shared some of my outfits and she picked out what I should wear and lipstick to put on. I had her wear the same lipstick and she said she might borrow some of my clothes!

As someone with a lot of time in the military, you cracked me up with "heels on the ground." Awesome!

DutchCarla
    Don't remember much about the first female items I wore.

Strange enough, when I was between 18-25 I was -slightly- more relaxed buying female clothing (just very few items) than I am now. Almost all without trying them on. The first item must have been a leotard of all things. Then a dress at a market. Then a wig in a costume store. That was a remarkable one, because the sales lady (girl) was soooo charming and cute, AND she definitely hit on me. I told her the wig was for a small play at a wedding (a Dutch thing perhaps). Of course, after buying a wig I could never return to that store, because there was no wedding. Couldn't allow her into my family and friends.

Then some stuff mail order.

Then the big one: telling my wife.

Then some stuff in CD shops (2 wigs, boobs, some clothes). The first one was really hard - sweat running up and down my back.

Then buying female shoes in a regular shop, dressed as a guy and trying on various items.

Then a makeup course and finally a full makeover and photo session. That was really awesome.

Have not and probably will not venture outside dressed as female anywhere else than the garden where the neighbors can't see me. Because, you know, I probably always will be a guy in a dress (as another member here states: "makeup is so frustrating" is the least of my problems)