Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checked into the hotel as Nicole and guess what happened...

Checked into the hotel as Nicole and guess what happened...

I did it! Don't get me wrong in the past I have gone out, but it has always been ducking and dodging as I rushed through a store or got gas hoping no one would notice this "dude in a dress". However, this time I went for it. A road trip as Nicole! Hotel, movie, drive thru, and stores all as Nicole!Granted there were several times that I sat in the car a little longer than normal and waited for the coast to clear. However, the end result was that I did it. The confidence was key and a what the heck attitude.
    I had a four hour drive as Nicole stopping at Chik Fil A where the young lady took my order as she stood next to the drive up menu and then the two young men at the window carried on as if it was business as usual. Then is was on to the hotel to check in under my boy name even though I was dressed as Nicole. There were two older men in the parking lot of the hotel I checked into in East Texas (bible belt ultra conservative part of Texas) and I waited in the car as they finally went into the hotel. A few minutes later I checked my lipstick in the mirror and went for it. I think my hands were noticeably trembling as I told the hotel clerk my name and handed her my license and credit card. Then you know what happened? Nothing! The lady went on business as usual and was very friendly. She even but me on the first floor by the side exit so I could come and go as I pleased. That night I went to a movie (yes it was a small theater in a small town). I waited for this big country boy to buy his ticket and then I went for it. Then you know what happened? Nothing! Then it was back to the hotel. The next morning I headed back home but had to go through the drive thru at Starbucks, the dollar store for a car charger (which they didn't have), so on to Walgreens to get it. You know what happened at these places? Nothing! It was business as usual. Ok so here is the deal. I am 5'11 and 195 with a 5 o'clock shadow that starts as soon as I am done shaving(twice). I don't pass! But dressing appropriately and going about my business with confidence(seen on the outside even though I am nervous on the inside) is the key. I owe that to Jenniferathome. She gave me the boost of confidence to go for it. Plus I am truly grateful for Allie45 who has my back should things go sideways and I know I can call her day or night to help in any situation. So for you ladies wanting to go out amongst the general population go for it! Just dress appropriately, go with confidence and be safe. If I can do it you can too!
    Nicole
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Banned Read only
    Good for you Nicole, if we all went out like this type of attitude where who really cares you don't know them they don't know you and will probably never see them again, go for it I am not the least bit worried about going any where dressed as Pattie, as long as it is away from my home town, but then again they all know me as Pat or Pattie.

Hi Nicole,

Congratulations. I must say that you really went for it. For me, I first went out at night, to bars and clubs, where you can wear a lot of makeup an clothing, and I am passable in bad lighting, or across the street. Going out in broad daylight in the general public was a huge milestone for me. But you did it! Awesome.

Sara

There you go. There will be no more ducking and diving from now on.
    Just take your time and do not rush.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

I bet you are now looking forward to the next time.

Julie.

That is so awesome! hah! Had a lump in my throat just reading it...I'm planning on pulling something similar (though on a more modest scale) soon!
    http://www.youtube.com/c/CatchQueen - My YouTube - I post there regularly

Nicole, Way to go! The confident on the outside,, while a bit nervous on the inside, goes a long way.

Nicole,

I will draw great confidence from your exploits. In a little over 70 days, not that I'm counting, I will have the opportunity to spend 7 days fully femme all day. While I've been out and about before when chances like this have presented themselves it's taken me a day or two to get fully up to speed. By that I mean I've fought shy of going shopping or any interaction with the muggles. This time I'm determined to hit the ground running. No backward steps.

You've demonstrated just what can be done if you have the confidence to JDI. I''l be keeping your post at the back of my mind so come the day, if Nicole can, I can and straight into the fray.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Congratulations! Very daring!
    Some beard cover will buy you some time. Clown pink covered by dermablend covered by a good covering foundation gives me about an hour or two.

Congratulations. Although it sounded stressful, I am really glad to hear that your experience was lovely.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Good for u, Nicole. I can see this was a watershed event for u. The more confident u get, the better. So, when an incident does happen you'll handle it like a pro!

Personally, I relived your hesitation and fears. Remembering my own nervousness and stress when out alone among the muggles. That ISN'T fun! It reminded me why I prefer to do the things u did in drab. No stress or worries, ever. I much prefer to have fun dressing at home in complete privacy and comfort!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Nicole,

That's great! This is really encouraging to me because in about three week's I'm planning something very similar. I have been out in the past but furtively at night only with minimal contact with others. I have finally finished a basic rebuild after a long ago purge and an really looking forward to a real road test so to speak. Hearing your story has given me a bit more confidence. If I am half as successful as you were then I know I will be happy.

Elizabeth

And the moral of the story, ladies, is that no one cares! Nicole nailed it perfectly, act like you belong (which, of course, you do) and dress appropriately (for the situation, for your age, etc.) and no one will pay you much attention. Certainly you have to be smart, which Nicole states as she waited in certain circumstances, but really, the very significant majority of people walking around out in the big wide world are only concerned about one thing: themselves!

Bravo Nicole!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Well done, Nicole!
    A girl can never have too many dresses

Nicole, yep I have been through most of Texas as Dana and it is business as usual. So, most folks keep to them selves and if you stay in safer areas there will not be any problems.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer

Arrow sometimes people get excited to see you and want to ask questions

If i am in an area where they seldom see a transgender and they expected the worst but see many things that surprise them they will ask you things and complement and engage in conversation with you.
    If you tell all the secrets the magic goes away. Many think i look like that 24/7 and sonetimes rarly i tell them of my illusion i am projecting with CD and DQ tricks.

When i go out surprisingly i get hit on and complemented by women all the time when dressed for clubbing. Certain cues give me away like Large muscular triangular shoulders. If i want some one to think I'm (all women 100%GG) i cover my shoulders and remove other subtle clues. I have been in the ladies room taking care of business with no issues and was able to keep the clues down.
    Sometimes my clues are screaming then i will get 2nd looks. Most times out shooping and stuff people pay me no mind. If in Hollywood its normal to see CD's and TS everywhere from stunning to not noticable to very noticable and clockable everywhere.
    Last edited by reinasblack; 08-30-2016 at 07:40 PM. Reason: how rude, you DO know where that came from right?

Congratulations! I love reading stories such as yours. They give me confidence and hope that someday I might be able to do the same.

Banned Read only
    Nicole,
    I'm so glad it went well for you, you sounded as if you came over as confident even if you were nervous inside. I wonder if they were OK with you because they thought you were TS, I'm not saying they always get a smooth ride, but equality laws are spreading fast and most may not want to have problems of running foul of them with their employers.

I'm sorry I keep repeating this point but at my social group no one really knows our status so we all get treated in the same way by the hotel owners and their staff and from out last meeting the general public attending a wedding reception.

Platinum Member
    Hi Nicole, Its amazing the sun is still shining and the birds are still singing ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

so nothing happened?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Silver Member
    Its the experience of others like you, Nicole, that gave me the courage to do my first "out" at a drive through in daylight. I will do one or two more to gain more confidence before I do a full venture out. Had it not been for this forum and you confidence building ladies, it never would have happened to this 81 year old gal! Thanks for that to all of you!

You know, I went out last weekend and the same thing happened to me. Nothing! I did come home with some really cute ankle boots though.

Congratulations. And welcome to the world.

Congrats. Sounds like you had a good time.
    Amanda

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    You are so brave. Wow!

Banned Read only
    The world does move on despite what we think. Well done Nicole.

Hi Nicole,

You are an inspiration. I've been out to CD events with lots of others, and by myself in the city after dark. Nothing like cover of night to increase passability!

But I need a plan to get out in daylight. Your adventure serves as a good model. And your tip about waiting on a few occasions till a potential obstacle had gone is a good one, too, to maintain confidence and avoid hazards.

Thanks for sharing, Michelle
    Michelle