Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why join the Forum?

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar

Why join the Forum?

As a new member to the Crossdressers forum I'd be interested to know, particulalrly form other newbies, about why they joined and what they expect to get from being a member. I'm a person who spent a long time in isolation (as far as dressing goes) and being on here I feel that I'm part of a wider community of like minded people where you're accepted for what you are without being judged by anyone. So far its certainly been interesting, in a short space of time I've seen some wonderful posts giving great advice on many subjects, seen some funny stories, some very sad and some of particular relevance to myself. I also had a eye-opening discussion with the partner of a CDer which really altered my attitude to how I treat my SO with regards to my dressing, and I've been contacted by someone who lives not far from me about meeting one day (something I would'nt have dreamed of a few weeks ago) On the other hand I've also seen some bitchiness off some members, which suprised me a little (I won't go into details but I was accused of doing something I have not or ever would do..) So, what do others think, is it what you expected or have you been suprised at what you've found?

I have actually been trying to find a good online support network for some time. Started on twitter but only found a couple (although I have made friends with some very open minded people on there, which is great) and so until I found this forum I was really struggling.
    I love how everyone on here can be really similar in some respects but so different in others. And everybody seems willing to offer advice when another member is going through a tough time.
    It looks like I may have found my online, crossdressing family

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Although I have one negative experience but I won't go into it. Apart from that, I love reading about other CD's experiences

Platinum Member
    Hi Diane, Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are at home with so many like minded friends.

No matter what questions that you have there is a 99.786% chance that one or more of one of the lovely ladies
    here will have an answer for you.

As with any group there will always be Debbie Downers, My thought is if you can't say something nice then just keep your mouth shut.

I think that you will really enjoy being a member of this wonderful forum.

I have been here for eight years and I have really enjoyed being a member . >Orchid......
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 09-02-2016 at 07:08 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Thankyou Blue Orchid. I've enjoyed it so far and look forward to being a long time member. I felt like I was in a darkened room and suddenly someone switched the light on, and as SophieLiz said, its finding your crossdressing family. Love your quotes by the way!

Hi Diane,

Welcome from another recent member.

I ended up here because my long dormant cross dressing bubbled to the surface again and I found myself surfing around to CD related sites. I stumbled across this one and lurked for a short time. What I found was that I wasn't alone and that there were a lot of great, supportive girls here with a wealth of information and experiences to share.

So for me,the biggest benefit to joining is the sense of community and acceptance that I now feel. I hope that with time I can give back to others here what I have been lucky enough to have received.

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth, I could have written almost word for word what you have posted, I'm hoping to learn a lot from being here.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Hi Diane. And welcome to the forum. I thought I perceived a little cattiness from some members from time to time but, I just fluff it off as wonderful personality traits.
    Also, something that occasionally comes to mind, we're predominantly a gentlemen's association and possibly our maleness comes through.
    I joined here for support and to have a public/private venue to experience my interpretation of the female experience.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Hi Diane, welcome to the forum. Myself, I originally followed a friend to here, but I love the idea there are so many like thinking people on here and you can find a lot of answers on here if you research the threads. Most everyone on here are very friendly and helpful. Of course, like any ocean, you may encounter a shark, but thankfully the administrators and moderators are very good about keeping them beat down.

I think you pretty much spoke for me, Diane. I like how friendly and active this community is. There are always plenty of new discussions and responses throughout the day. While I've dabbled with CDing throughout my life, it hit me full swing this year and I feel really lucky to have found this resource. A lot of people will feel ashamed about their CDing, but for me this site has given me the confidence to take this wonderful thing that we all share, try to understand it better, don't sweat it if I don't understand it, and most of all enjoy it! I went to a pride parade the other night, saw some drag queens dancing, saw some CDers milling around in the crowd, and everyone was cheering them on. I so wish that I had taken advantage of the opportunity and dressed along with them. Next year!

Hello, and welcome from yet another greenhorn. I joined for a lot of reasons, one of which is the prompting of my amazing and supportive SO, another is sure to the perceived demographics in my area, I feel extremely isolated. I have also learned a lot from the awesome members of this forum.I also love reading people's stories of going out. They give me so much confidence to get out there! I would say that's been the biggest boost; confidence. Don't get me wrong, everything is great, but the daily boost of confidence tops the list!
    Last edited by Alice 23; 09-01-2016 at 08:24 AM.

Thankyou all for responding! I cant get over how good it feels to finally be able to be in contact with those like myself. As some have said, being her gives you the confidence to try something new, for me it will be my first venture out in daylight. Having read many stories of peoples experiences I realise it's probably not as daunting as you would think. That's just one example of course, I'm sure there will be others. x

I joined the forum, so I can remind myself that Im not the only one that does this. It May indeed be very wierd, but atleast Im not alone.
    When the urge to dress came back after 9 years, I finally understood that this desire aint going nowhere, Im stuck with this. So I wanted to rid myself of the shame, guilt, selfloathing and frustration that comes with crossdressing, and it helps to assure yourself that you are not alone. So here I am, I dont post much, I mostly just read.

Louise

Gold Member
    I am with Louise on this one.
    I new other people dressed, but I felt that I was alone in the world in wanting to dress.
    I found this site by accident, and loved being here ever since. It has given my much
    confidence in who I am and what I like to do. I now wear a bra every day, I been wearing
    panties for years, but the bra for about 2 years now.
    I do not go out, I have a Mustache, and reluctant to remove it, It is just me.
    But I dress every day that I can remain indoors at home; How ever I have gone out a few
    times to a drive through wearing a jean skirt. That was t thrill for me, I know it was nothing,
    but it was a big deal to me.
    This forum has been an inspiration to me to continue my dressing, learning from the others here.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    Diane, I joined, I think like most, to either confirm or deny that I am "just a normal cross dresser." I think knowing that there are so many of us help one feel less "weird."

The more pertinent question for those that have been here some time is, "Why stay on the forum?" And to that, I have to respond that 1) to try and bring some objectivity and 2) help those that want to come out to their SO or help the SO get past the shock of a coming out.

I just joined the forum this past weekend. Trying to figure it all out. I joined to find other men like me who like to dress and to try to understand why society has such a problem with it. I'm 53 and am just trying to come out with my wife, but that isn't working. So I need some other support to convince me that I am not crazy.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Diane,

A south London girl here. I found the site about four and a half years ago and it opened my eyes to the numbers of like-minded / similar souls that populate this Earth of ours.

I had always felt like a weirdo and some sort of perv for so many years. Now I know I am...according to some social media anyway.

I actually love being a CD , in fact, I'm happily cursed. My wife is not of the same opinion though, but that's the way it is and we work with it.

Also, the GGs provide a counter balance and insight that I don't possess, due to my genetics too.

I found the courage to finally come out from this site, I was edging towards it anyway, as I gained from the experiences and many points of view of the members. Other than that, it's crap.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I found this place by accident myself and I'm sure glad I did.
    This site along with finding a local support group has helped me to understand myself.
    The thing to understand as a newbie and I found this out quickly you better be on your toes and ready to deal with not so positive responses from other members.
    Just be honest and be yourself and you should be fine.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise DK View Post
    When the urge to dress came back after 9 years, I finally understood that this desire aint going nowhere, Im stuck with this.
    Oh, wow! I thought my recent 3 1/2 years was a lot! Was a "record" for me, anyway.

Anyway, GG's typically tend to be more sociable than males, so it seems this forum is our way of doing the same for this part of us. I understand not everyone here can pass "out in the wild," and neither did I 100% of the time. And also perhaps nor do we feel particularly comfortable discussing this side of us with "regular people" in the real world. So, this is like our little online international refuge?

Lots of stories & experiences to share. Advice to give & receive. All that good stuff!

I finally registered after lurking for a bit because, well, how could one *not*?? LOL

This is actually my first CD forum where I became a member. Sure, back in the late '90s I had my little GeoCities page (in the West Hollywood neighborhood, of course)... And I would get visitor comments from time to time, saying how great my photos looked, blah blah.

I also used to do Yahoo Chat... Is that thing even still around? For my profile I had used a photo of me all dolled-up, just to test passability -- I'd enter a non-CD chat room, and within just a few minutes, I'd start getting a load of private messages popping up from all these horny guys, thinking I was a real chick, ha! Sometimes I'd reply if their message struck me a certain way.

One other thing I used to do online was be a part of a very active "free-for-all" type forum (kind of like reddit, I suppose)... And there I created my persona as "the token crossdresser." Most people, including myself, had a lot of fun with it.

But is any of that really any way to do what we do here? Nope!

I wanted & even *needed* to do something more. It was about time! Lots of stuff over the years during my journey that I really never had to opportunity to discuss with others. I don't think it's healthy to keep things bottled up, even if it's simply sharing experiences that others might be able to relate with. And perhaps some can learn from me, just as I've learned from some of you?

Seems like the perfect place for this kind of stuff. So happy to be here!

It is the only sensible community for cross-dressers/transvestites that I know of. Other places just seemed silly or overly focused on sexual issues. I also find it refreshing that the SO's of transvestites are members and offer their thoughts and opinions. In short it is a grown-up site that focuses on important issues that we all face.
    While is is a 'broad church" with a wide spectrum of personalities and opinions, I like the fact that it is a place where strongly held opinions can be aired publicly. There are members who only underdress, others who are deep in the closet, many who are quite open as well as those who have decided to transition. I have learned a lot from the diverse membership. Sometimes it does get a bit "catty", if that is the right word, but no more than other social groups.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Passing 100% for any of us is a stretch.
    Out of 100 girls here there might be 2 that could really pass and thats OK.
    Its more about your attitude/confidence and how you carry yourself out in the real world.
    Consuelo I totally agree

For me this is a safe place to express my feminine self. I enjoy reading the stories of others, though some are heartbreaking. I admire the courage shown, especially by those brave enough to post pics.🌺

Hi Diane

Reading the comments from Elizabeth G and Ellie Summer struck a deep chord with me. After many years of dabbling Summer 2016 saw a massive leap in my CDing. As others have said I felt like I was alone in doing this but after searching online I stumbled across this forum and after reading some of the threads I knew I had to join. The joy I felt at realising I wasn't unique made me feel at home.

Reading about others journies and exploits gave me the confidence to do what I never thought I could.

I thank you all for sharing what in my case and I'm sure in many others is a deeply personal and private part of our lives.

M xx

Banned Read only
    I've been deeply surprised by what I've found by joining this forum. It's completely unexpected. So many bad experiences on this site that it makes me feel more alone than ever. I've even buried myself deep back in the closet because of people on here.

JenniferAtHome: 3. No where else to go.
    Last edited by GBJoker; 09-01-2016 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Just didn't like what I had said.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I'm going to do me no matter what people think of me on here.

Hi Diane

Joining this site was a form of self-validation and a way to share my joy. I had suppressed my desire to dress during 11 years of marriage. When I finally came out to my wife and found a level of acceptance I hadn't expected--but was elated to have--I felt like shouting from the rooftops. Being closeted to everyone but my wife, that wasn't possible, so this became my outlet.

It was and still is highly educational, from a "technical" point of view--all the ways to create a female illusion, from shapewear, to false cleavage, to tips on makeup, etc. It's rewarding from a social point of view as well. I've formed some nice virtual friendships with kindred souls, and have even met a forum member IRL, which was awesome. It's also an ego-boost to get positive feedback from a decent set of pics now and then.

What I have not enjoyed is the "holier than thou" attitude of some members, and some of the catty behavior. Sometimes I think that there is a competitive aspect to achieving milestones--Coming out to SO--First time out in public--Going out freely with the muggles whenever--Starting HRT--Fulltime--etc. It seems members that have been there, done that, and have those t-shirts look down on others.

I've been attacked for materialism because I have a large collection of heels. I'm not posting pics of my shoes to show off wealth (especially since just about every pair I have was under $50) but because I love them. I've had the language and thought police upbraid me for well-intentioned comments. And then there are the Mods...who valiantly try to keep order (rightly so) but occasionally get under your skin for the way they apply--or don't apply--rules. (No offense Mods--please don't disintegrate me)

I hope you continue to enjoy your time here. It's still the best site for us on the web.

Gretchen
    Last edited by Gretchen_To_Be; 09-01-2016 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Spelling