Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing = The Fallen...

Crossdressing = The Fallen...

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I think all of this crossdressing causes people to go paranoid. I kinda think it leads to a fallen state of life where SHTF often.

I don't know,... Do you live a "Fallen" life because of crossdressing?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    No, not at all. My crossdressing is compartmentalized from anything that it may be an issue with.
    And, I keep the fact that I'm TG locked and loaded as an ultimate diversity shield.
    Fortunately, I haven't had to hit that button yet.

And for years I thought there was some correlation between CD'ing and bad things happening.
    Pure nonsense.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Reality Check
    What does "SHTF" mean?

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Nope, not one bit!
    It has enriched my relationships with family and friends, diversified my social life and mind, and gave my self esteem a boost.

Here's a hint. Krisi. The last three letters stand for Hits The Fan.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Definately not, my dressing has always had a very calming influence on me, It is literally part of who I am. Never been paranoid about it.

Aspiring Member
    How about turning the question around to you? "do you live a fallen life"? Your avatar says ex CD? so perhaps you're not sure either way? Since you posted in this forum is it something you wish to explore on this forum, or would it be more productive to talk it over with a counselor, for your peace of mind?

Be kind to yourself,

Ineke
    Last edited by Lorileah; 09-02-2016 at 12:45 PM. Reason: no need to quote OP

Reality Check
    The post would have been more clear if you simply stated what you meant.

Now, I don't think crossdressing leads to a "fallen life". I don't live a fallen life, I live a pretty good life. For the most part, our lives are what we make of them. Some things are out of our control like disease or accident, but the rest is what we make it. Get an education in a field that pays well, get and keep a good job, find a good partner, etc. It has nothing to do with crossdressing.

Maybe you are trying to use dressing to cure a bad life.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Whether or not you enjoy your life, is 100% a matter of perspective, completely apart from things you can't control.
    I've met stage 4 cancer patients who have burnt through every last dime they have, and every last dime their families have, and they still have love for themselves, and for life ... undeniably staring death in the face, and still have an amazing perspective.

I'm not saying that negative emotions have no place in life. Obviously it's quite legitimate to feel down or "fallen" as you have put it ... those feelings can be constructive ... they can be the motivation to make changes so that you are happy in your life.

So, does crossdressing and being one of the thousand flavors of trans lead to difficult situations? Absoloutely. Can it make you feel depressed? Yes. Are you going to be this way regardless of those conditions? Yeah probably.

I guess what I'm saying is that whether or not your life is "fallen" as a result of who you are, is both a matter of perspective, and a direct result of the approach you take to the situation.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, I have been this program for over 69 yrs. and I'm very happy

You just have to keep your priorities in order ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm not a drug addict or a sociopath or psychopath who has done something horrible. I'm just a good old fashioned fetishistic transvestite who feels most comfortable by being more feminine than masculine. I am guilt free and decidedly NOT FALLEN.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Wat?

It's the world that is dark and fallen. CD is a small escape for me.

Nope it helps my sanity and is blessing to be one. No problems that I have encountered except I was outed by my ex-wife.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Kate,
    I wouldn't call it a fallen life, I now enjoy it too much , but I do call it a double life, yes I agree there is always a touch of paranoia .

I don't know what a fallen life is, but I'll take a stab at this anyway.

I have a pretty ordinary life: successful career, nice house, ok car, go to church on Sunday, mow the grass on Saturday, you get the idea.

Does crossdressing make me less of a person than I would be otherwise? Absolutely not! Quite the contrary in fact. Crossdressing has helped me to become more of the person I've always aspired to be. My life would be empty without it.

Kate

Life is full of ups and downs. There is no doubt for some that it wont go well if they are found out crossdressing.

In no way can I see how it would seem like a fallen life.

Keeping things a secret can make people a touch paranoid sometimes.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

SHTF all the time to everyone. How you respond is the key. Some can simply turn the fan off and/or redirect it. Others are frozen like the deer in the head lights. Most of us are some where in between. Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Fakley View Post
    So, does crossdressing and being one of the thousand flavors of trans lead to difficult situations? Absolutely. Can it make you feel depressed? Yes. Are you going to be this way regardless of those conditions? Yeah probably.
    Not really. Yes, not getting things we want in life can be a downer. No, they don't necessarily 'make' us depressed. We decide how we react to many situations. For example, when a relative dies, some people become hysterical, yelling, crying, sobbing, screaming, then go into a state of mourning for long periods of time, unable to accept that someone they love is gone. Others don't. Why do you think that is? Because some of us understand how life works. We know that people die. Same with any other event in our life. We decide how we will feel about bad things that happen, including, up to a point, how we will respond to pain.

In general, most people are about as happy as they want to be. Some of us look at the glass half full, some, the glass half empty. And when the glass does empty, some of us find a way to put more stuff in it, while others do nothing but cry because their glass is empty.

My friend had an interesting take on a common phrase: When life hands you lemons, throw them out and drink beer! Life is too short to spend it being miserable. Find something you enjoy, and do that.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    I think you are looking for something to blame for whatever state you are in. Cross dressing is not the reason for your situation any more than drinking soda pop is. Cross dressing is just a thing. Would an objective third party blame cross dressing for your situation as you do?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I've simply come to accept it, embrace it & be happy.

Sometimes people take things waaay too seriously.

Just have fun & enjoy it all!

Fallen life? No. Paranoid, no. It can have it's stresses and strains but no more than many other things experienced in life.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Been CDing all my adult life. Never regretted it. Wouldn't have it any other way. I was out walking in the forest today, on a remote two track that I often walk, wearing only a thong, little strappy sandals and a very short sleeveless sundress. And I was thinking that absent any sexual angle, it just felt so much better than guy clothes. It was as close to bare as you can get, with the sun and the breeze all over me. CDing has enhanced my life considerably!

Banned Read only
    I think cross dressing may lead to a lot of angst with many men. If you are trying to hide it from a loved one, then I can see a mental burden brought on by concealment. I suppose that would be enhanced if you venture outside and fear negative comments, assaults, job termination, etc.

I'm in my comfort zone with my desire to wear women's clothing. I accepted myself decades ago. Yes, my comfort zone is my home. As some have indicated cross dressing can be compartmentalized. I haven't dressed since April and I feel totally comfortable.

No. When I dress I find comfort, stress relief, and fulfillment. I'll never be able to explain why, but I've learned that that's OK too.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have fallen as deep as one could possibly go and came out of it. CDing just made one more reason to live.
    Drugs are bad remember that ladies. Just a friendly anti drug PSA.