Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever had someone just seem to "know?"

Reality Check
    If you really want an "excuse" for buying something feminine and a sales person makes a comment, say "My wife is in a wheelchair and it's difficult for her to shop for herself." That should shut them up and end the conversation.

I've never used that, I usually shop with my wife and we wear similar sizes. When I have been alone, I've never had anyone challenge my right to buy a bra or a blouse.

Yes, my last serious girlfriend. She used to ask me if I was a crossdresser because she had visions of me wearing a dress. I brushed it off with jokes but I think she was on to me somehow. I thought about coming out to her later but I don't think it would be beneficial to either of us. I sure wish I knew what kind of dress it was that she saw me in.

Marcelo

The whole point of this thread is--don't tell a lie or make up a story when shopping. SA's know the drill. Be honest. Tell the SA what you want and that the item is for you.

When I worked the floor at New York & Co, We could very easily spot the guys who were buying for themselves. MY female peers could not understand how a grown man could act like such a fool and make up such outrageous stories, just to buy a dress. The only guys that were talked about and laughed at were the scared to death ones with the made up stories. Just be open and honest.

jodi

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Honestly, it seems like our minds may simply get in the way of things sometimes.

Someone might say something as a joke or innocent remark that they'd say to pretty much anyone -- and they really don't suspect anything.

Of course, since *we* obviously know, we make a mountain out of a molehill, and totally blow it all out of proportion. "Eek, they know!"

I was checking some women clothing out at a Walmart many years ago. The sales lady was ringing them up and asked if they were mine. LOL I did not lie to her and said yes they are mine. She rolled her eyes and said why do all the good looking men do stuff like that. LOL I figured that she wasn't a supporter so I went on my way. Never had that happen anywhere else and now even at Walmart, they just smile and ring them up and talking nicely.
    Part Time Girl

I came out to my partner of 5 years last year. She was amazing about the whole thing. She enjoys it when I dress up which isn't very often, but also try's to encourage me to dress up for carnival or Halloween as a lady. This is something that my subconscious has always steered me away from. I love my partner for being this encouraging and I would love to do this but so many years of being macho makes it difficult.

One of my favorite sales advisors at Ulta commented that we are going into world series season, I looked puzzled - she said half the men coming in between now and Halloween lost a bet with their wife / girlfriend / fantasy baseball league and now for Halloween I need to

When I began dating my wife, out of the blue one night after returning from a party, asked me if I ever wore women's clothes. After stammering a lot, I made the decision to tell her, expecting her to dash out the door. She didn't leave but said "we have a lot to talk about", and we did. Much later, I asked her what made her ask me. She said, " I just sensed lt". The way I watched her dress, especially lingerie, when she wore hose, I'd smile, etc. She very much supports and helps me. I have total respect for women's intuition.

Very early on in my public shopping adventures, I bought a pair the large dark sparkly sunglasses at a target. I of course through in some other more mach items as well figuring the cashier would just think my wife was in the bathroom or something. I should note I present very masculine. When the cashier (who I am fairly sure was gay) kept insisting on taking the tags off so I could wear them. I also had my very manly oakley's hanging by my shirt collar on purpose. My guess is that he was just trying to get a rise out of me by joking but he was really scaring me that I had been made.

I don't buy all that often now but I hope to think I wouldn't break into the cold sweats in a similar situation now.

Actually my second wife noticed something about me and brought it up saying she does not mind it and she would like to see me. But as things go when we divorced, she outed me to everybody including my sister. But she always broke trust and that is why I divorced her. So if you have girl friend or wife trust is so important.
    Part Time Girl

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    Let's see.
    I have shaved legs. I keep them as nice as I can with moisturizer and ect.
    I also use women's body spray scents. My coworkers often comment how nice I smell.
    A waitress once said I probably have smoother legs the she does.
    The other day we were talking about Facebook and how many options it has for sex and gender. I simply said it has like 45 from male, female, Transgenders, cross dresser, and so on. A co worker asked which are you? A cross dresser?
    I didn't reply to it. But it's safe to say they know. But they don't care.