Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uncomfortable in male company

Growing up I had little friends and spent more time with aunts, cousin sisters, mom mostly women. Now I can hold my own with a group of boys and I enjoy it at times like I can be with women. Though the type that you described 'loud and all', yes there I get uncomfortable and very bored. Regardless I prefer smaller crowds a one on one could be a man or a woman.

As others have said, not so much uncomfortable as bored!! I know about sports but not current specific info!! When in high school, I was called the ladies' man because I could move between both groups with out a problem. (probably because I did not see females as objects or conquests) I work primarily with females so naturally I am most comfortable with them even when their conversations turn to SEX!! LOL I tend to be conversationally fluid but prefer females!! Hugs Lana Mae

I hang out with the interesting people. Doesn't matter what else they are. That said, I'm an introvert and don't seek out the company of people very much, but when I do or when it's thrust upon me I can manage. If the conversation isn't interesting I wander off or start a better one.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I have a low tolerance for small talk around either gender and I absolutely walk away when the topic turns to popular American sports: college or pro, major or minor. Given this I tend to be happier in conversation with women but as the party wears on I'm generally one of the first to go. It's all too boring/tiring. A few years back I was invited to join a local, respected men's group that met once a month. The guys were nice enough individually but I turned them down flatly. I had no interest whatsoever in spending an evening with 10 or 15 guys. I'd rather read a book.

I have a large group of male friends and I enjoy spending time with them. That being said I equally enjoy the company of women
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I always wind up at the girls table. they say I'm so easy to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli Jo-ann View Post
    I always wind up at the girls table
    I am in the same boat as Kelly, in fact the guy's are usually glad to see me gone on my way because I am only interested in girly stuff, I could care a less about sports.

A friend once told me men aren't all that bad but I am still not convinced..............they just look like hairy testosterone charged animals to me, and mind you many are not that well groomed...eeww
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Aspiring Member
    I too prefer the company of women. Occasionally men, one or two good friends at a time, but never men in a group. In general though I prefer solitude, or the company of my wife.

I too prefer the company of women but am not uncomfortable around men.

Reality Check
    For the most part, I am not uncomfortable in groups of men, women or mixed groups. I am a male and mostly worked with males. Towards the end of my career I worked with both males and females, possibly more females.

Obviously I know the difference, but I think of people more as "people" than male or female.

I am uncomfortable in groups of people who have been drinking to the point that they become loud and obnoxious. I usually excuse myself and go elsewhere.

No. First of all because I am a dude and so, excepted crossdressing my hobbies are "tradionnal" men's things.
    But most importantly, I am comfortable with men and women. I like and can discuss about anything: sports, politics, economy, whatever. The matter is not men or women or subject, but more the people. I prefer to talk about a subject I don't especially like or have interest to (I can learn new stuff) with an open-minded and smart person than discuss with an narrow-minded and mean person.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Too many variables... Who the men are, who the women are, what the topics are, what kind of mood I'm in, etc.

Generally speaking, I can swing both ways, socially.

And both can certainly have their unique pros & cons!

But that's in guy mode.

All dolled-up, I feel waaaay more comfortable around GG's & gay men (whether or not they're dressed up, too).

*Most* hetero guys who are in drab are a different story, ha! And I actually don't have a ton of real-world experience with hetero/bi CD's who are presenting as female.

Taylor, I was in a mens speech club for 12 years. I found it interesting. i was not dressing back then, but enjoyed giving speeches. They had ladies nights, once in a while, and those were more fun. i had a date once in a while. I have trouble being around anfry men. The guy who runs a wrecking yard, where i buy used tires, batteries, and other parts, is hit and miss. Sometimes i go there and he is fine. Other times he is mean and shouting at me. One more time shouting at me like i am not wanted there, and i simply will leave, and he will have lost a customer. Angry men i cannot take, unless they are willing to vent and talk.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 09-13-2016 at 10:15 PM.

Non-binary/Questioning
    With the exception of a few close male friends, I've generally preferred the company of women. I couldn't care less about organized sports so, unless the conversation at a party is fairly intellectual, I'll tend to congregate with the ladies.

I had my makeup done recently at a beauty college. Two female students were working on me when an advanced male student came by and the girls started asking his opinion. Suddenly HE was doing my lips! I was uncomfortable to say the least. He was totally cool and accepting of a guy en femme, however. It was a great learning experience for me that guys can accept tg's too!

Ah-May-Lee
    I don't like being with groups of people. I'd rather be with just one man. No desire to be with or talk to any woman. Nowadays I am all alone.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I worked on cars for 38 years hated pretending all the time back then i would under dress i liked working with women more than guys

Never have and never will feel comfortable in male company especially in a large number. I just cannot relate to them as I am not a man's man. I have always been drawn to female company which is ok with me.

I usually try to get on with everyone but other than my small number of friends I honestly feel a little uncomfortable in all honesty.
    That being said I feel its important to realise that not all men who aren't into CD are jerks, just don't think about this kind of thing often and are probably just taken off guard when it comes up.

I imagine my friends would be surprised and taken back for a moment if I were to come out to them about this but I don't think opinions would change much if at all. You just have to take people individually as you might bump into someone who really also likes it.

I'm comfortable is social situation interacting with either men, women or mixed groups. What makes me uncomfortable is shopping enfemme and being approached by a male sales associate like in a shoe department.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Was this in the US? Male culture here is terrible. Not interested in sports? Sissy. Actually have knowledge beyond vapid pop culture topics? Nerd. Know anything technical? Geek. And so on.

So you go explore nerd and geek culture, and it's even worse. Is that a iPhone? Cultist. You liked that game/movie/other-highly-subjective thing? Moron. And so on. Dunning-Kreuger everywhere.

I'd say it's not really a CD thing. I know there's wildly worse situations out there in the world, but that doesn't make it better.
    Last edited by Maria Blackwood; 09-10-2016 at 03:30 AM.

I agree too. I much prefer the company of women.
    When we go to a party, at first I try to hang with the guys, but soon find my self sitting with my wife in the "women's circle". Especially if they are discussion jewelry or nail polish, etc. Some times it's very hard to be quite not add to the conversation with "yesterday I found a....".
    Stephanie

As long as the people are good company, I'm happy with talking with whomever.

Kara Zor-El
    Yes, I feel the same. I can hold up my end of a conversation with males but tend to prefer female groups. I've been that way most of life.

Personally for me I feel less threatened being around a group of women than guys. I think more on the lines of a woman but I also can carry good conversations around guys. It is a preference and a comfort zone for me to share thoughts with females. Sometimes I know more about women than most guys should..