Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You where right

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar

You where right

Okay.
    So last week I had a thread going "Sooo close." In that I ordered a dress online to pick up at the store. But I initially chickened out. But you all encouraged me to go get the dress and get past the fear. I finally did it and although I had a little bit of an uncomfortable transaction, it wasn't that bad.
    Someone said that once you do it, it will be easier the next time.
    Well guess what? YOU WHERE RIGHT!
    I did it again and went straight to the store for a pair of tank tops, a new bra, and a belt.
    It went just fine.

I usually stick to online ordering and delivery. But when it came to that dress I wanted it like yesterday. I didn't want to wait for delivery so I had to do same day pick up.
    Once past the fear, that's the way to go.
    Unless you want to impatiently wait for delivery.

Susan
    Last edited by susancheerleader; 09-20-2016 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Very awesome Susan!
    I recall posting in that previous thread.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Very good Susan... nice to get over the fear..
    Part Time Girl

Congratulations Susan!
    I don't order online unless there is free shipping and free returns on orders over $49. Going to the stores is instant gratification.There is a relief to knowing something fits and looks right before paying for it.

Since I am out to my daughter who I live with to the door delivery is no problem!! However did Woman Within have to ship things in a bright pink bag with their name in large white letters for the whole neighborhood to see!! LOL Congrats on your progress!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Funny you bring up "Woman Within."
    I've never bought from them but I received a magazine from them last week.
    Many items I want!!!

I don't like ordering on line,.but sometimes it is necessary. I had to order shoes and now have to wait an entire week to get them.and I don't know for sure they will fit.

I only ordered online because it kept my other side pretty much anonymous. It becomes to real when you have to face to face another person to pick up a dress.

I did some stocking shopping last week - in guy mode.
    I have to remind myself that only I know that it is for myself, the rest of the world, I guess, think that it is for my wife or something like that.
    that usually calms me

I do not have the patience to wait for a delivery truck lol I do most of my shopping right in the store and have only had one encounter where someone made a comment but I nipped that in the bud too The only time I order online is when i am not really in a hurry for something and it's a it gets here when it gets here sorta thing. Ordering from one of the major retailers isn't all that bad though, it's a teo to three day wait, try ordering something from china, you'll see what a wait really is lol I agree though once you get past the fear of buying in a store, it does get a lot easier with each passing time .
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    Gen,
    I hope you don't mind me retelling an old story but I was in BHS ( now gone to the liquidators !!) buying stockings they had a range in three sizes and four shades in packs of three. The problem was they mixed them together with holdups and tights on the racks, I was trashing the racks so much searching for medium an old couple thought I was an employee so the husband started to ask for a corset for his wife, I replied that I didn't work there and just looking for stockings, they looked at other and turned away as they did so I heard the husband say ," well in that case he could have helped you with your corset !" Every time I think of that story it always makes me smile .

Susan,
    I may have been one of the replies that said it does get easier, it's great when you get to stage when you just go to the sale racks and pick out your own things with confidence , I sometimes see the odd look from female shoppers but just carry on. I will add that if a GG does want to view the racks near me I usually stand back out of courtesy and let them shop .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-20-2016 at 06:08 PM.

So glad you overcame your fears, which were all in your head of course. You will find that it is easier and easier to shop for what you want and the SA's will help and everyone else will ignore you.

I do support a preference for shopping in the store. Shopping online for clothes is not satisfactory. I need to feel the material, see how it drapes, feel the weight and of course look at it from all angles and at least hold it to my body in front of a mirror before deciding whether to try it on. I see some lovely pictures of clothes online but I have been disappointed by the actual item. Also I like to interact with the SA's. They are good, hard-working people and deserve out support.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good for you and yes once you get over the fear its no big deal.

That's great. I know the power of this site, everyone here with there life experiences. Good for you.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    'Once you do it. it will be easier next time'. Happy to say I have found that out recently.

Thank you all!
    I thought I would share the story. Because, in the end I was able to go do the transaction in person, because of you.
    As I pointed out in my other topic "Sooo close" I chickened out picking up a dress in person. But you all encouraged me to just do it and get past the fear. I did.
    I would have ever done any of this without your encouragement and telling me to "just do it."
    I am glad I listened to you!

I am really glad it worked out well for you, admire your courage to just go in and buy what you want. I would be really scared to do it though, even though I live in a very tolerant part of the country. I buy online and while that's mostly o.k. for makeup, not so much for clothes. I really want to acquire a cute skirt and am still working on that.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    What are you afraid of jen?

There is another side to this story. I see things on line that I would like to buy but I actually want to go to the store first and see the items first hand. 90% of the time the items are labelled that these items are not available at the store and must be purchased on line. It makes shopping, frustrating.

I care too much what other people think of me. It's character flaw I guess. Maybe I could start by having some discreet discussions with SAs, I don't know.

The only thing is, the Courage fades if you don't do anything for a while. I sabotaged my momentum by playing addicting video games and neglecting the pink fog.

If at first you don't succeed try again! It took me 14 tries to walk into my first lingerie store (a small local one). It's ok to chicken out, It makes success feel that much better. It makes me feel like I really am doing something out of my comfort zone if it took me 3 days and 14 passes to get it right.

I order on line from M&S and pick up from the store, recently I have had two good experiences, first, I took back a package to the returns counter, the SA was a man who took it from me and started to unpack it and hang it up behind the counter, he read the returns note "too small that's fine sir do you have your card I will refund it straight away" so I fumbled in my wallet gave him my card, " well that was easy wasn't it " he said smiling, the garment in question was a body with suspenders. the second, I decided I should pull myself together I should be braver I wear M&S knickers full time so I walked up to the rack (after two false attempts) and started to look for 'no VPL' I found them in black but could not see them in white so I was going thro the rack when a lady customer came up to me, "are you alright dear or do you need help" I told her I was looking for size 16 in white she got on the case and we came up with a pack of white and nude, and she explained to me that I could wear under most light things, what a lovely lady.

Hazel

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Hazel, I know someone who worked at M&S. The SAs are trained to have a diversity friendly attitude to their customers. Glad your experiences were good ones.

Congratulations! So glad you were able to get over that hump. Your next step is being able to go into stores and browse in person . Baby steps for now though. Very happy for you.

Hey Susan!

You like being a cheerleader, right?

You need to Google something like "5K, costume, fun run," etc... and see if there are any fun runs within reasonable driving distance. Last weekend I volunteered at a run called Funky Town 5K/20K in my cheerleader uniform and I was a hit! I was like a magnet and even the men thought it was great! I even have a lady chasing me around because of it and we're meeting up at another fun run called the Corner Store Country Run (might be one in your neck of the woods) this weekend. I've already emailed the organizer to ask if they want me to wear my uniform and it was a 'definite' yes. Then later that evening I'm volunteering with my charity costuming group for another 5K.

The week before I volunteered at the Wicked Wine Run in my uniform. Got a couple of new volunteer friends from doing that and it was also a hit.

On October 1 I'm going to the Rahr Oktoberfest 5K and party. Can't remember if I've already signed up as a volunteer but I'm definitely showing up in uniform. There are several other fun runs with costume themes that I will be attending/volunteering this fall - sometimes two on the same day depending on how I feel.

So dust off your pompoms and get out and have some real fun!

Marcelo

www.facebook.com/marcelo.hunter.7