Thread: Liberated for a few months

Liberated for a few months

Me and my wife got into a fight over my dressing about a year ago. I don't do it around her anymore so it wasn't like a shock to her. She knew about Denise. I got lazy and started hanging a couple dresses on the same rack as my drab clothes. One morning I realized that she threw away my favorite dress . I left and went to live with am old friend. He let me be me and didn't judge. I wore some eye make-up daily and went for bi weekly pedicures. I even went out as Denise to a party that many CD's attended. I really liked the fact that I could shave totally and went out in public in sandles and polished toes all the time.. I returned home for what ever reason mostly financial . I love my girly side , today I had a nice pedi, the first time in 8 months. I wanted classic red. I usually don't go to the nail salon on Thursdays cause of all the girls being there but today I was one of the girls today sitting between 2 girls getting pedi's. It felt so good being pampered, I had shaved my legs, the hot stones and towels and the massage felt great. Tomorrow the wife wants to go in the pool after work.. I am in a situation here, I love the fresh pedi and want to enjoy the look more. If she see's it she will tell me to take it off. don't know how mad she will get. Why after all these years do I need to be sad...

LOL. Good luck! I wore pink nail polish on my toes all last summer and no one ever noticed!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
    ... I left and went to live with am old friend. ...
    Cross dressing is not your problem. Communication is. Married people do not run from the relationship.

I understand my wife is the same way.
    She knows about me but we never talk about the elephant in the room. I let my daughter paint my nails and wore it to a few pools it was great.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That definitely, uh, stinks.
    Couldn't see my wife throwing away my favorite dresses, she got them (mainly two) for me after all.
    However, thank you Denise for reminding me to get a mani and a pedi soon (it's been about six years).
    I definitely feel for your situation; I, among others, really hope it turns better.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Cross dressing is not your problem. Communication is. Married people do not run from the relationship.
    Absolutely. It's a communication issue both you and your wife have. So you have to work together to solve it or neither of you will be happy.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Denise, please don't feel like you're alone. I know a number of married couples who live together as room mates. Because the love, affection, companionship, and communication left their relationship a long time ago.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Denise,
    I don't feel the need to have my toes done, my nails are kept short so heels don't put too much pressure them , so I don't bother with having them painted. It's easier not to get into an argument over something as trivial as toe nails, there are far more relevant problems through my dressing I have to deal with my wife.

Reality Check
    Did you eventually move back with your wife? Do you want to continue the marriage?

Me, if I hade a choice between having my toenails colored red or having a happy marriage, I would choose the marriage. You can always have them done again.

I can't imagine how anyone could hide colored toenails from someone they live and sleep with.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I can't imagine how anyone could hide colored toenails from someone they live and sleep with.
    It may not be for everyone, but I've done it (hidden colored toenails from someone I live but do no sleep with.

My wife decided to move out of the marital bed to the extra bedroom. She didn't move her clothes, and we still share the same bathroom. Why did she move to the other bedroom(multiple choice):

(A) I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and started using a CPAP, which she said was too noisy
    (B) I stayed up too late on the computer (hmm, I wonder what I was doing)
    (c) My crossdressing was getting much more important to me
    (D) No matter what time I was willing to go to bed, she wanted to go to bed an hour earlier

Pick any or all of them, I don't really know, and I get a different answer every time I ask.

Oh, sorry, about the nail polish. I wear socks almost all the time, and maybe even a little more since I started painting my toe nails. I take my shower after she has gone down to breakfast, and put on moccasin slippers as soon as I get out of the shower. It can be done. And as I have said many times here, I do yoga twice a week in co-ed class, and have no problem exposing my toes there.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.