Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it about the look, or the feel?

For me, it is both the feel and the look. And I would say that each empowers the other one: if I really like my look, the feel will be even more pleasant; if I really like the heels (walking with them) or the sensation when I crossed my shaved legs... I will feel prettier.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

I'm still learning. I never heard of clear mascara.

Being a bit of a fetish, the feel of silky skirts really gets me going! I even like the feel of high heels. I also yearn to look like a glamour girl. Too bad I'm stuck with this non-curvy male body. I do what I can in capturing the look.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    My journey started with the feel of nylon. My mother hanged her white nylon slips to dry in our apartment hallway or in the sole bathroom. I found the feel of her nylon slips and then her nightgowns to be enticing. The nylon felt so different from the clothes a young boy wore. First I fondled the material. Then I slipped into them. I love the feel of a nylon slip, especially a double layered slip, and, a panty swishing over my ass. I love the feel of fine hosiery caressing my legs. The cool breeze at night playing with the skirt of my dress and slip. I will never pass for a woman. I jut stay away from mirrors.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    It's about seeing the person I am in the mirror. That doesn't happen every day. It does happens when I'm dressed.

Both the feel and the look.

Banned Read only
    Ummm, the look!...but I'm a raging narcissist! I have nice boobs, and ripped pecs right, and.... 😧

OMG it sucks being a gender fluid narcissist!

The feel is good and the look is even better. When totally made up and dressed and going out is a fantastic feeling. Indeed all of the female stuff is softer than the drab clothing and they always feel better.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    The look. If I don't pass, on any level or definition of that word, then it's not good enough in my mind.

for me it is the feel.Nothing like the feell of e\wearing a bra

Definitely the feel, satin, silk, lace, I mean really how can you not get excited by the feel of those materials

Back in the 1950s and 60s, when I was in my teens and without any sisters to learn from, I became fascinated with how different girls' clothes were from those of boys. This fascination occurred when girls of my age around me began to wear more adult clothes - notably nylon stockings. I wondered what it must feel like. Gradually, as girlfriends came along, I could see and feel the clothes they wore and learned more about bras, slips, suspender belts, girdles, etc. The more I learned the more I wanted to wear those clothes to try to experience the feelings that I thought girls must have when wearing them. Although over the years I also wanted to try skirts and dresses and women's shoes, and found the endless variety of styles and fabrics very appealing, it always remained the fellings, the sensations that came from being inside those garments that was most important.
    As others have said, I could never pass as female and do not attempt to do so. I like to look at the feminine things I wear and love the look of the nylons on my legs, the heels on my feet, the suspenders pulling on stocking tops, the shiny panels on bras and girdles, etc, etc. and they remind me of the excitement that came from seeing and feeling those things on the girls I knew. Those girls would sometimes complain about their clothes - uncomfortable heels, tight girdles, annoying suspenders, falling bra straps, etc, and I know exactly what they meant because I have been able to feel all those things myself. So it really is feelings much more than looks.

For me it's definitely the feel. Nylon panties, bras, slips, Satan blouse and nightgowns. The feel of the skirt moving against stalking clad legs. I could never pass in the looks department.

The feel of stockings and straps was the attraction for me for many years but I have also began to appreciate some of the visual as well. Seeing stocking covered legs crossed with heels on without the contextual "guy in a dress" image I see in a full length mirror seems to drive me to improve the image as I can.

Platinum Member

T. W. N. Y.

Hi PT, It is all about the pretty lady in the mirror all made up smiling back at me,

That is where it is for me, ( The whole nine yards )......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    For me it's both. It's the feeling of the clothes on my body and how they make me feel inside. It's so great to be able to express this part of me. To be able to wear clothes that are beautiful and make me feel sexy. It's also about the appearance. I love the way my legs look wrapped in a pair of stockings or pantyhose perched up on a tall pair of stilettos (hence my avatar pic).

For me its both! But with emphasis on the feel. I love the way slips, panties, silk cammies feel against my skin. Its not a sexual thrill feeling but more of a "feels natural " feeling. I also enjoy the way skirts look and feel. I feel relaxed when wearing one along with panties and slips. I dont get to wear skirt or dressed very often and i cant nor do i try to pass but that dosent bother me. I do underdress wheni am at work just like i am right now. Wearing a full slip and sik cammie and i work in a factory. I cant do any type dressing sround home, wife is totally against dressing. So i do it where and when i can and however i can. When wifed away for awhile to visit relatives in another state, out comes the skirts and dresses.

Hello girls,
    On my point of view i fully agree with Lisa and Lynn...it is about both...i like to look and feel as much feminine as i can
    Gilda
    hopefully becoming the real "ME" now

Reality Check
    For me it's the look and the feel. I'm playing the part of being a woman. It would be very rare for me to just partially dress. That's other than the panties I wear full time. They no longer make me feel "special" or feminine in any way, they are just underwear to me just like they are to my wife.

I dress for the ‘feelook’. I adore the feel! Even after all these years, I still feel that palpable rise of excitement as I dress up and rejoice in the textures and sensations of wearing feminine clothing against my skin. At the same time, I am absorbed in the look! I enjoy immensely playing with complementary colours, style and outfit choices. Buying a new little dress or some tight leggings brings on a flood of the excitement hormones! Whilst the feeling of crossdressing can be exaltation, the look can be more circumspect at times. If only that angle of my chin wasn’t so masculine! I wish my Adam’s apple was more crab-apple than pineapple! This skirt looked great on the mannequin in the shop; why isn’t it hanging the same off my hips? Yeah, but I eternally love the 'feelookingness' of dressing as a girl!

Aspiring Member
    Last I dressed I took a fallacious middle ground of sorts: just enough to be overtly feminine in appearance, but nothing too extreme in terms of stereotype. More jeans/shorts focused outfits rather than dresses/skirts as of now. I use less makeup these days; my eyes are extremely sensitive to certain eye make-up.

When push comes to shove, feel of the clothing takes precedent. With a few rare exceptions (and only if occasion calls or I feel like it) I generally avoid discomfort as well.

For me it's a bit of both. I love the feel of wearing a bra that hugs your chest. I love the feeling of wearing soft, delicate panties too. However, I love looking in the mirror and trying to see a women peek through when wearing heels, a dress and make-up.

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    Mostly the feel for me.
    But I do love the look too.

I'm a feel person as well... and look forward to feeling new sensations like hair on my shoulders, wearing high heels, etc. I know that with this frame of mine, I'd NEVER get close to any kind of look like some of you do. In the meantime... slippery night gowns & PHs, the soft squeeze of a leotard & tights and the comfy feeling of being dressed makes my day.

Lacy PJs

Silver Member
    I grew up playing dress-up with my sisters. As we grew older I wasn't allowed to to wear the clothes that at one time I anticipated that I would. I continued to wish for the experiences that my sisters enjoyed. After high school out working I found that I could pass and dressed much of the time. What I found was that I loved the clothes and the experience. I still love the clothes and feel most comfortable in them. But, I'm not interested in being a woman even while I enjoy their social company.

For me! Its both. I enjoy the way a skirt or dress feels on me plus the way they look and fit. Its not a sexual feeling but more of a natural, feels right feeling. This also includes panties, slips and hose, be they pantyhose or thigh hi's. I am comfortable wearing heels as well as long as they are no more than 3".