Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it about the look, or the feel?

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar

Is it about the look, or the feel?

I have never been much into makeup and wigs, other than a bit of clear mascara now and then. I have come to the realization that for me, crossdressing is more about the tactile sensation than the appearance. I know that I could never pass, with my broad shoulders and facial hair. I just enjoy the way a short skirt feels, or a long, soft maxi skirt or dress, especially on freshly shaved legs...even just the sensation I get when I run my hand up and down those freshly shaved legs. I love the way a sports bra hugs me, and I really like the feel of a sports bra and a snug fitting racerback workout top...something about the way that skinny back feels between my shoulder blades on a bike ride (or anywhere!)
    PJ's are softer, most everything for women is softer and cooler. I love the way yoga pants hug me, and the feel of capris, either workout (snug) or casual (loose). And I can't forget to mention the feel of my favorite tanga microfiber panties...with the wide lace accent moving back and forth on my backside with every step.
    About the only feminine thing I do strictly for the appearance is polishing my toenails. I love looking down at the pretty colors.

I'm curious to hear from others...What does it for you-the look or the feel?
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Banned Read only
    Prettytoes,
    It's not just those two aspects it's the whole package that satisfies an inner need, I didn't fully realise this until I started going out socially, yes the underwear is lovely to wear and some outer clothes feel wonderful , it's just bringing it all together and then having a purpose for it, the reality of walking in heels , wearing makeup and having nice hair and meeting people. Presenting yourself like that is indescribable, my walk my not be right and my voice is male so I'm not going to fool anyone but it's the one of the most exhilarating things I've ever done.

I can feel all those things you describe happening, when you brush your legs and feel the stockings on smooth legs, the funny little things of a bra strap slipping and trying to casually pull it back in place, finding you've brushed hair aside when talking to someone, it feels so natural to do all this.
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-09-2016 at 01:40 PM.

For me, it is the feel but with the look a very, very close second.

I love the feel of the material. I enjoy the sensations when the material slides when I move.

That being said, I greatly enjoy the look. It affords me the opportunity to escape the four walls and get out and about where I can engage in a variety of natural movements that reinforce the feel constantly. It is one reason I enjoy shooting pool every time I get out.

Interesting!! You say it is the feel for you but finish with the look of your colored toenails!!! LOL For me, it is both!! I have yet to feel the wig(but soon!!) and no total makeup look yet(also soon!!) The feel of and scent of lipstick!! Nylon anything on shaved skin!! The tightness of a girdle or waist cincher!! The feel of the breeze up a skirt or dress!! The stiffness of lace, the softness of silk, and the stiffness of satin!!! The look of nail polish on fingernails and toenails!!! The look of nylons peeking out from under a dress or skirt!!! The look of a tunic top partially hiding tights!! A stockinged foot in a female shoe flat or heels!!! And the list goes on and on!!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Last edited by Lana Mae; 09-09-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    For me its definately the look, always has been. I love wearing female clothes but how they actually feel on is a minor issue, (do like the feel of tights though) and which is why I rarely wear femme things in male mode.. You'll get a lot of different answers to this!

For me it is definately the feel.

When I have a female form(attached forms, corset control top panties) even under overalls I feel great.

Now don't get me wrong I love having the look also, but the feeling is where I am.

For me it's both, but with an emphasis on the look, although the gentle reminder that I get from a nice pair of tights or a corset is also an appreciated pleasantry.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    There is no doubt while I love the feel of women's clothes but for me the presentation is what really does it for me. Like you and most I don't pass 100 percent either but I still love going out and just being Leigh even if it's just a few hours and it gives me a feeling of being that part of me that must express themselves

I like the feel of a bra, girdles not so much, I loved it when my hair was down to bra line as my wife would say, wigs get too hot.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    For me, it's the whole package.

The look & the feel... But also the entire experience (both the good & the bad), from shopping for things, to hair removal, to staying in shape, to dressing up & putting myself together, and then going out into the world and perhaps experiencing some things as a GG might, whether it be through established relationships with others, or being out among strangers, or just going about daily life.

All that good stuff.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Prettytoes

I largely agree with you. The ‘feel’ of the underwear and clothes is magic Just before I came on the forum I dressed and looked down at my chest covered in a lacy dress, then down to black tights and heels and thought – that’s me! It felt so good.

I don’t do make up and am ambivalent about a wig, although I frequently wear one; and am also closeted, but just as you said – the feel of the clothes does it.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    When I just partially dress around the apartment, high heels and/or a skirt, it is just about the feel.
    It is both the look and feel when I am fully dressed up.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I can't decide if either one is more important. I started out with sensations, the feeling of panties, slips, and nylons over shaven legs, the feel of forms under a slip, and that is still an inspiration to dressing. But now that I've acquired a selection of clothes, from silky underwear and onto skirts, dresses, and to a smaller part wigs and jewelry, I enjoy putting things together for the sight of it. From looking down on stockings emerging from under a skirt, to feeling necklaces swing as I move and seeing them swinging below my chin, and especially matching tops and skirts with shoes, I'm thrilled with making myself look as good and as feminine as possible. Although I don't do makeup too often, just because of opportunity, I love to see my face changed, even when it is not much of a change. It makes my earrings look even better. LOL

It started out as feel, especially legs in hosiery. For most of my 45 yrs of CDing, I did not use makeup or wigs, so I just got to see my legs in heels and narrow waist and preferred tight clothes. But once I found out I could look pretty with makeup and wig, then the look took over. I enjoy all the sensations that are different from drab me - perfume, the tug and dangle noise of earrings, the squeeze of the bra or corset/cincher, the long hair in the way, painted nails, different walk due to 5" heels and the click.
    Hugs, Ellen

It's not exactly the 'feel' of the material. It's the 'feel' that I'm wearing clothes specifically made for a woman to wear them.....and feeling that it's appropriate for ME to wear them. So.....it feels good to wear stuff that's only appropriate for women to wear, and it feels good to SEE that I look like a woman when wearing it. As long as I don't see my own image in a mirror, I can see from my own viewpoint the pretty hair, feel the necklace or choker, feel the bra, slip, dress, panties and stockings, feel the dress/skirt slide against my legs, feel and see the stockinged legs and girl shoes on my feet. Girl's design watch, bracelet, painted nails, the whole nine yards. Make up? Nope. I never see my face while I'm dressed as a girl. And I don't go out, either. So there's really no point.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

It absolutely about the look and presentation for me. The feeling of the clothes does nothing for me... it's just fabric.
    In fact, for me to achieve my best presentation takes hours, a lot of sweat, a lot of cinching, squeezing, jamming things into places they don't want to go or stay, lots of tape, drawstrings and spandex. Once I get the foundation set in place, I'm not sure there is much left that feels any fabric.

Nope... it isn't about the feeling of fabric. It's about creating a female presentation for me.

Hugs, Sayyidah
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

id say it's mostly the feel, but the look aspect of it has been creeping in this year. I shaved my legs last night and spent hours looking in the mirror shaking my butt thinking "wow, I got what lots of CDers would envy". I must say having silky smooth skin pressing against a fine pair of womens skinny jeans feels so good.

It is definitely both for me. I love the feel of things that are uniquely feminine, such as the tactile sensations of stockings and my skirt brushing against me as I walk or sit. I especially love the feel of shape wear hugging and coaxing the shape of my body. But all of these tactile aspects would mean little without the visual result, the package. I suspect this is why I get nothing from underdressing, despite those tactile sensations.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

The feel when lounging around the house but being a day walker it is definitely the look, can't be seen all mussy or half dressed without my best "face" forward and looking like I don't care.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I like the feel but I need the look. If I were to list crossdressing essentials (for me), a mirror would be near the top.

There are some aspects of the feel that I appreciate -- the freedom of movement in a skirt, the tug of a garter belt against my stockings, and the delicious feeling of nyloned legs swishing together. But other parts are sometimes annoying -- the tight corset, pain in my toes and ankles from high heels, the headache from a too-tight wig sometimes. And having just gotten through what I hope is the worst of a very hot summer, a lot of those things are not very comfortable during the warmer months of the year.

So for me, it's about 90% about the look. For whatever reasons, heels, polished nails, earrings and feminine lashes and brows are particular turnons for me.

- Diane

I thought about this question alot and still haven't set myself in stone. I love getting dressed, pulling up pantyhose, adjusting bra straps, etc... It all feels great. But I always end up in front of a mirror. I make sure everything looks just right and if it doesn't I figure out a way to make it so. Then I take pictures to remember the look. My decision wasn't exactly a photo finish but I enjoyed watching the race. Thanks.

I believe look and feel are closely related. For me, the "feel"' I experience donning female clothing are primary and always lead to "how do I look", after each step. First, underneath, is to decide, color, lacy or plain, then the sensuous feelings of slipping on panties, hose, bra, slip, etc. After each step, I stop and look in the mirror, to see how I look. This sequence follows until I'm totally dressed where I enjoy both the feelings, sounds, smell, and look. 👠👗💄

Prettytoes, I "dress" for the feel and my perceived look. I currently have an aversion to mirrors and can clearly identify with Sometimes miss on this. My normal drab would best be described as daggy, dark loose fit clothing and when I dress it is bright colourful and firm. Through the years it has been (until recently) undergarments exclusively. While adolescent the fashion's were acceptable for males to wear flares, silk shirts and heeled boots. The touch and feel of the garment along with bright colours is my initial lure to the purchase. I cannot feel comfortable in my image without being acceptable/passable, yes I am in the image of male but don't want to be one whist dressing. I personally don't care for women's clothing that mirrors the male equivalent ie jeans, slacks, shirts, sneakers and the like.
    Gina

I love the feel...especially Nylon and satin...those items along with the curves of being a women make me feel great.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.