Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many of you wear something ambiguous in public in male mode?

Every day. My standard issue 'uniform' is panties and a bra with women's jeans.
    I have found a few brands of jeans that fit without being too obvious and have found that certain bras are 'safe' under certain types of shirts and as of the panties, well, I'm not in the habit of pulling my pants down in public, so the sky's the limit there.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Frillee View Post
    ... why I wear womens jeans.
    Oddly enough, one of the things i like most about wearing women's jeans is that I don;t look like I have an erection when I sit down. That has always bothered me...

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieAnne View Post
    I don't understand how any serious crossdresser can wear jeans or pants of any kind. Part of the thrill for me at least, is that feeling of a dress or skirt, and the exposed legs, and airy breezy feel of a dress, the shorter the better.
    Because we are all different and have different needs and desires. If we were all the same, none of us would be crossdressers, now would we.
    I agree about wearing skirts; it is a wonderful feeling.

Nice legs, b y the way...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I wear panties and pantyhose a lot under my male clothes in every day life.
    But when I go somewhere out of my town, I sometimes wear female jeans or pants and female flat sandals or some other flat shoes and even boots with smaller wide heels in the winter and paint my fingernails (silver, black or blue) and combine them with long male Tshirt or stylish shirt and jacket in the winter. I never use jewelry and occassionally some discrete makeup. I enjoy doing that, but people notice that, especially when we're waiting for something and they have more time to look around. I get some strange looks sometimes too.
    When dressed like that I use male wig with longer hair in different color than my natural and glasses to hide my real apperance if someone would take a photo of me and posted on the internet or something. I think in worse scenario that someone would recognise me, I could still say I'm gay. It's still more acceptable in Slovenia than being fully dressed and outed as a crossdresser.

Androgenous...no.
    Actually I wear panties all the time and have for over 10 years. All my jeans, sneakers and shorts are from the Ladies section as are my socks and many of my T-shirts.
    Though I may not have on one of my many wigs or any makeup I'm kind of always dressed outside of work (uniform requirements).
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I wear women's short athletic shorts while putting in miles on the local park-like run/walk path and wear women's leggings, and even at times black footless tights, to yoga class. All while presenting completely as male. I also wear women's cargo-style shorts to the grocery and/or retail stores and restaurants. They appear fashionably short if you're a hipster but are conspicuously above the knee by small town Midwest standards. And, as I've said before I'm not the least bit androgynous looking. But, I'm fit and have decent, long, lean legs so these items seem to work for me, or so my wife tells me.

Aspiring Member
    More frequently than I'd like to think, although it's mostly T-shirts, jeans and sports shoes.

Not that anyone has commented on the fact that my shirts are inexplicably cap sleeved or that my jackets are fitted.

Not ambiguous in the way that you mean it, I certainly don't think my skirts look like anything other than coming from the women's rack, but some people insist on trying to treat them as "kilts" or "manskirts" I think it stabilises their world view or something.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    I ... wear women's leggings, and even at times black footless tights, to yoga class. All while presenting completely as male.
    Not a surprise, really.

Yoga GG's are pretty chill with it all, in my experience.

I wear girl jeans all the time now, guy jeans are just so awful they dont even fit where they do touch got fed up with that big red mark round my middle through having a belt too tight trying to keep em up, so they went. and now i'm happy in my size 14 skinny. Wife can see that theyre girls but knows that they fit so theres no issue. Otherwise I would be living in the garage, sadly thats just about all I can get way with on a day to day basis, but on the days when shes not around its bliss, but i had a near miss last week doing some welding on my truck and a spark almost burned my breast forms, must tke more care next time

As I write this I am wearing Karen Scott shorts and a top. I transitioned to women's summer wear this entire Summer.

Samantha Lynn
    For as long as I have been on my own I have always worn women's underclothes under my male attire whether I am going to work or going for a bike ride. bras panties panty hose women's blouse. WHY not. Samantha Lynn

Strange you should mention this redtea.. I remember my first pair of skinny jeans. the first time going out in them and being so scared someone would notice and say something.

I found that very pair of jeans when going through my old clothes recently and my first thought was "They're quite masculine". I rarely wear anything but skinny jeans/jeggings these days but I still remember those first days of pushing the envelope.

I've been wearing ambiguous [sort of] women's tops- big scoop neck, flared waists, etc and it is the way to go. People scan me, then figure I am safe, and perhaps gay- and on with their lives. It feels good, and I don't feel any more that I have to wear a skirt to show that I live in feminine space. I save that for home now. Also a bracelet- tons of macho men come and admire it.
    We are all beautiful...!

That would be daily for me. I live in a liberal West Coast town so there's little risk to appearing "ambiguous." My wife and son are both quite used to it although I try to be respectful of my son's feelings as he's in high school. Typical day-wear for me is capri pants or capri tights, Keds in white or pattern (I have 6 pair(!)), a woman's tank top, and a high ponytail, with gold hoop earrings and light makeup. I have basically stopped wearing shorts or pants except for work or for other situations where I prefer to appear conventional. In that way I'm a nearly fulltime crossdresser although I rarely get "read" as such. If I'm feeling daring I'll wear a sports bra under my tank.

For dressing, with my wife or alone, I substitute a skirt for the capris, curl my hair in rollers, and add more makeup. I have a couple of dresses but I've only worn a dress in public a couple of times. I work out & do yoga at the gym all the time in athletic skirts. I get second looks all the time, but also regular compliments. I think it's really gotten to where a guy in capris or women's athletic wear is just not a big deal.Embrace ambiguity!!

I've got few pairs of women's jeans that I wear occasionally. I don't really see it as cross dressing though as there isn't a big difference between men's and women's jeans these days. Skinny jeans are skinny jeans.

Big enough difference to make me think twice =( Especially the unique to womens Brand stitching on the back pockets.

Plus without Converse shoes my sneakers seem a bit off when matched with skinny jeans....