Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perception of women?

Perception of women?

Ok so here is one that I expect will have many different answers. Has being a crossdressers changed the way you look at women? By this I mean most non CDing men will look at an attractive woman and think about one thing if you know what I mean But for me although I am aware that a woman is attractive that is not the first thing I notice, It's either her outfit or her hair lol I'm pretty sure my crossdressing is to blame for that Do you girls ever notice this?
    Last edited by xNicolex; 09-09-2016 at 09:00 PM.
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

Absolutely, all the time. Noticing too much, especially while driving, is going to get me in an accident someday.

- Diane

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Difficult to say -- considering I started at the age of 6.

I will say that gaining a lot of weight over the past few years has made me a lot more sensitive to women's body image issues. I look like a total mess, and feel awful about it. It's not easy looking in the mirror sometimes.

And I am doing something about it now, but I've got a long road ahead. Then again, I can lose weight *fast* -- GG's don't typically have that same luxury.

In the meantime, I'm not "ready" to start getting fully dolled-up again. I want to jump right in, but I know I wouldn't look good.

Women definitely don't have it easy, on some different levels than men.

Yea definitely. Its a source of inspiration. I saw at least a couple women at the grocery store tonight that made me want to say "I love your outfit" or "I love the way you did your hair", but I don't want to come off as a creep so I just give them their space.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Without question while I notice an attractive women I look at her clothes much more closely than most men I'm quite sure.

Aspiring Member
    I've "tested" the water a few times by quietly complimenting a woman on a skirt, or blouse or something she wears well. I make sure I smile because I know women do that (much more than men). So far all have smiled in return and/or said Thank You.

How I'd love to be able to freely walk through a store like she does .

Ineke

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie Summer View Post
    Yea definitely. Its a source of inspiration. I saw at least a couple women at the grocery store tonight that made me want to say "I love your outfit" or "I love the way you did your hair", but I don't want to come off as a creep so I just give them their space.
    Yes, I suppose that could potentially be done in a way where you end up being maced, or kneed in the groin, or something.

On the flip side, you could really make someone's day.

Maybe preface it by saying something like: "Hi, I hope you don't mind me saying so, but..." in a friendly, non-confrontational manner?

Just make sure their 'roided-up BF isn't nearby.

I must admit, that when i was much younger, and dresses and skirts were far more widely worn, i had this desire to draw a pencil drawing of them or their outfits.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I often try to copy the ones that really grab my attention. I saw this woman at the airport. Which explains the carry on.

78559.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes, definitely. Sometimes, I wonder if some women think I'm trying to look deep in their eyes but I'm just admiring their eye make-up!

I look at what they're wearing and there's no doubt that the sight of a well dressed woman triggers the desire to dress again. I just wish I could join in when they start complimenting each other on their outfits. Well I do a bit, but I'm careful to not to come over as someone who knows what they're talking about when it comes to women's fashion.
    A girl can never have too many dresses

I look at their hair and outfits all the time. I wish that I could dress like that all the time

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I generally notice first if they're wearing high heels and if said heels are my type; then the same goes for her outfit, but only if it's a skirt combo or a dress.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Yes it has. As a heterosexual male, an attractive woman would definitely turn my head. But I have always enjoyed looking at the clothes women are wearing, how they are wearing it, how they match their accessories and is it something I would enjoy wearing.

Banned Read only
    Nicolex,
    I'm not sure all men do look at women with one thing on their mind, but then I can't answer that from an all male point of view, as I said sometime ago I see the World through the eyes of a Cder because I don't know any other way.
    I feel our perception does change over time, I recall at one time thinking if I saw a nicely dressed woman in the street as soon as I get home I will soon be looking like her.

Now that I go out I've found my perception has changed, I've developed my own look with the clothes that I feel suit me, and women have complemented me on it, so I feel I'm on a level with women and at the same time developed a respect for them , knowing how much it takes to get makeup and clothes right and the good and bad of wearing heels. When I see a good looking women now I think at times they might be having a bad day but looking good for a few hours might have given them that lift, I can appreciate that far more now.

I have noticed that as well. I have also become sensitive to men leering at women. I can feel how uncomfortable it may be for some women. A few times i have even thought, "I wish I could wear that outfit!".

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I look at women all the time, mainly to see what they're wearing, how they walk and move, how they act. My wife sometimes gives me a dig in the ribs if my glance lasts ever so slightly longer than it should, but I cant help it.

Since as I started crossdressing, I definitely look at women in a different way. I look at their outfits, heels, makeup. I try to imagine if their styles can fit me (especially taller women). And sometimes, I can send a wrong message. I mean once I was looking at the eye makeup of a woman and she thought that I had interest to her.
    Furthermore, being in couple from three hours, even if I have to admit I am still sometimes just appreciate to look at attractive women (nothing more), I don't look at women with anything in mind except admiration.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

When I'm in drab mode I notice all the details all women do that are uniquely feminine, what works and does not. I use to complement women on different things I liked about there look. Just keep it to myself now, I'm already pushing the boundries with my look and I'm not ready to be out to all. Now when I'm out and about as my fem-self, I love to talk to women about there look and ask questions, were did you get that or how did you do your eyeshadow....
    It's amazing how open and friendly so many women are, that normally it would be hard to even be noticed.

I am late to CDing (64) and after wife died!! Started CDing and thought I was looking at women with a lust thing going on but one day realized it was otherwise!! I observe women everywhere I go!! I was at an in-house concert and the lead singer had on an above the knee red geometric dress with black stockings and boots! I left because I thought I was being lustful and after thinking about it, I was jealous and wanted to be her!!! I thought this was absurd, but it was true!! As the song says, "I'm a girl watcher!" Hugs Lana Mae

Reality Check
    Yes, I might notice a woman's outfit, hair, jewelry or shoes a little more than when I was younger. Or that might just be because I've aged and sex is no longer the main thing on my mind.

Absolutely 👗👠 ! I'm incurable and have been from my young beginning. I not only enjoy looking at what women are wearing, I browse through women's catalogs even check out store maniquins, I figure, the store will put the latest fashions for everyone to see and go on line often. I see what the local, current dress is. Unfortunately, it's pretty plain, almost sloppy, casual. I hardly ever see hair combed, makeup, earrings, or my favorites...heels & hose. When I go out, I really have to tone it down a lot to "blend" in. Our community is very conservative...very. Being "read" would not be good.

I see women as fellow travelers.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'very married for a long time and am quite happy with our relationship. As a result, before Tina arrived, women other than my wife were just other people, not that I didn't appreciate beauty, but that was it. Now, I always am looking at what works or doesn't work in the fashion sense.

BUT, the biggest change is the understanding of the world from a perspective I didn't have before. My wife and I have extensively discussed the emotional, psychological, sociological, and expectational aspects of growing up as a girl and then living in the world as a woman. WOW! Frankly, most men just don't get it. Sometimes I think the world would be a better place if all 18 year old men were required to live as women for a year, and have a girl mentor for that time. Perspective is an amazing thing!

Hi Nicole

Absolutely! In the past--before I began to actively CD, I would look at them with a combination of envy and attraction. I'd examine their clothing, and naturally my eye was drawn to heels and especially sheer hose, but I really had little first hand experience and wasn't aware of all the style options and terminology. Because I was younger and my "male" drive was still quite strong, I'd park the CD thoughts, not wanting to drive away a potential date or GF.

Once I met my wife and we married, I didn't CD for 13 or 14 years, but it was enjoyable to live vicariously thru her by shopping with and for her.

Now that I am out to her, and can enjoy my feminine wardrobe openly, my knowledge of fashion and makeup has expanded dramatically. I find myself definitely checking out small details of women's makeup and attire, wondering how things would look on me. I can still appreciate a beautiful woman, and I still feel the envy.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    100% the out fit and look first then the woman. Still most definable notice the woman though. LoL

I am very conscious of this trait in the office. Many is the time I have started a conversation with a female colleague about fashion and then had to deliberately act the dumb waiter, so as not to give too much away about my reason for asking.