Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perception of women?

Since I started dressing I have realised how much effort women put into what they are wearing and the time they spend on looking good. For some reason I have started complementing women if I love there shoe's or makeup etc i will just complement some women that i love there eyeliner or winged eyeliner and eyeshadow and it looks awesome so far they all have smiled when I do - secretly though if I see a really atractive women in public I tend to look at the way she moves walking to be able to emulate it and some times I would wish I could be her to be free to be able to walk into department stores and try on clothes shoes that will fit me and try makeup testers etc getting makeup openly and not be scared to ask for help from the makeup counter.just a day dream some times

Definitely. Since I started expressing my own feminine side I look at women and almost immediately note the details of their clothes, how they walk and move, how they did their makeup and styled their hair, and how they talk and interact. I still appreciate it if they are attractive, since I'm still attracted to women in either presentation mode. But I definitely am mentally 'taking notes' on what works for them and why, and on what fails for them and should be avoided.

In male mode, I'll sometimes complement a lady on her clothes, shoes of other details, and it usually goes well. Can't say I've ever had a particularly bad reaction that way.

In female mode I complement other women a lot, and trade info on where we got an item of clothing or shoes or jewelry or nail polish. I was in a mall food court en-femme and a lady at a nearby table complemented me on how cute my shoes were. I told her where I got them, and a moment later I slipped one off to check the brand. She saw me looking at the inside of the shoe and commented to her male friend, "Oh! She's going to tell me what brand they are." She was quite pleased.

Absolutely! I see it as an occupational hazard that we need to be aware of, and one that we have to contend with on a daily basis. I think it actually appears in the CD Job Description somewhere...

That said, I would add that it probably also brings us closer to women on some level - although that's a level that some might not appreciate too much as they may consider it as detracting from their "feminine mystique" and overall sex appeal.

We totally "get" the concept of a closet full of clothes and shoes but declaring "I have nothing to wear!", the time and effort it takes to put together a "look" that we favour, how wearing a bra and heels might be considered uncomfortable and onerous, and how insidious and financially challenging an addiction to makeup or shoes can be.

What I don't "get" (actually, I do ) is their almost universal disdain for pantyhose ("tights" to my non-North American Commonwealth friends). Personally, I love them and they are one of the cornerstones of my crossdressing. Seeing a GG in the wild wearing hose these days is akin to catching a glimpse of the Loch Ness monster or the Abominable Snowman, so when I come across one who is doing so, it is all the more rewarding and makes me that much more appreciative of her effort to accessorize in that way.

I for one have always had the utmost respect for women (probably to a fault) so I don't know that it changed the way I perceive women, but it has really opened my eyes to how poorly women are treated. I can't believe when I'm in girl mode how many men talk to me like I'm stupid or a child. OH MY GOD... It's pretty amazing how condescending men can be. My wife has complained about it for years (we both have to work with the public) and while I never doubted her that it was bad, I'm shocked just how pervasive it really is.

I don't dress in any way that an average or normal woman would care to dress. So I'm not trying to emulate women in any way. When I see an attractive woman I am more curious about what's under her clothes than I am about wearing them. My wife never wears makeup or heels and rarely wears dresses (and still looks damn good!) so it's her that has to try to understand why I put in the effort I do to achieve a look. I can honestly say that my crossdressing provides absolutely no understanding of women, what they go through or why they do what they do. I have to look elsewhere for that.

Hello Nicole and hello girls..
    This is a very interesting question in my humble opinion....
    To me it definately has changed my perception, and also when i do cd and go out let me see the whole world under another point of view.
    That said i do love to look at the way woman and girls are dressed, and it often happens that i envy their dresses or shoes....something that i might have done even before, but since i started to accept my feminine side has definately became stronger and stronger
    Gilda
    hopefully becoming the real "ME" now

My thoughts? "Where'd ya get those shoes? I want them!

Same here, At work last year a woman came in and after she left I said "wow, her dress was so sexy" the guy working with me said "don't you mean she was sexy?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I love to see a woman who has taken the time and energy to put on an attractive, feminine outfit and who has done a nice job on her makeup. I am always drawn into wondering how she makes it all work to her advantage.

I don't look at women thinking "that one looks really hot" but rather with a wish that I could look as good as that.

I have it bad i love to look at women to see what they are dressing like how they do their makeup nails the whole woman. i respect women love everything about them. i used to look at women just for sex now i see a person and that could be me

Quote Originally Posted by xNicolex View Post
    Has being a crossdressers changed the way you look at women?
    It would be hard to tell, because the only time I wasn't a crossdresser was way back when I was 6. So it's hard to remember exactly how I might have 'changed'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Great question, complex response. I tend to believe in the concept of personality hard wiring, in that I was predisposed to be a crossdressing male from my youngest days. The rich soil of the nature/nurture of my younger self stimulated a natural inclination of dressing as a girl which germinated, sprouted and flourished into a wonderful flower. Whilst not being overtly effeminate as a regular guy, I recognise layers and shades of who I am which are fascinated to the point of fetish about so many things female. The female shape, look, scent and personality all mesmerise me. I am captivated and absorbed. My perception is so influenced by my crossdressing. I perceive women, in fact most of life, through the lens of my crossdressing. I feel connected to many women in some ways due to my passions for feminine clothing. From my perspective, I feel a deeper appreciation and respect for woman because in some small ways my gender intersects with theirs. I like to think this commonality is why I support feminism and equality so strongly.

Platinum Member
    Hi Nicole, I have been a girl watcher for most of my life, When I see an exceptionally lovely lady
    I make a mental picture and dissect her look and how I can try to copy her look when I'm dressing next time......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Absolutely! I look at women through two different pairs of eyes. On one hand is the standard male response as to the attractiveness of the woman. On the other hand is Jenn's perspective as to how the outfit looks and how well put together she is. Judging if the outfit is something that would work for Jenn soon follows.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I don't know when exactly my perspective changed, but it definitely changed. I now look at the outfit, the make-up, nails,...

Banned Read only
    My perception has not changed in the slightest. Guess I'm still thinking that "one thing."

Ah-May-Lee
    Unless the woman is a goth/punk/rockabilly style then I don't notice women all that much. So I guess I am in agreement that the answer is, I look at how a woman is dressed and her make up.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I guess I'm like most of us here. I react to women like other women do. Check out their clothes, makeup and shoes.
    Please call me Lisa!

As a long time CD, I love and admire GGs/women and constantly (sans creeping them out) examine their makeup first, overt signs of lingerie, outfits, heels, hosiery (or the lack of it), mannerisms and the way they move/walk/. In particular, I observe women of my approx height and weight. I do this to get first hand hints about dressing realistically, makeup and their body language; I also must confess I think about them sexually too (the right type of woman) and making love to them en femme.

I tend to look at details that I might consider adding to my look when dressing (accessories etc.).
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

This thread isn't going this direction, but if I ever get the courage to CD (and I'm close) I will be the one wanted other men to get that one thing on their mind. I don't see that on this forum much.

Being a crossdresser has not changed the way I look at females as I have envied their way of dressing since I was 3 or 4 years old. I rarely got the chance to try on a dress as I had no sisters but when I did eventually get to dress fully I was even more envious of the way girls' clothes felt to wear. I have always looked at girls and wished I could wear such clothes without mockery from the world. I have since had such chances and been shopping dressed with my wife without adverse comment. It saddens me that women these days who have the chance to brighten up the scenery wear such drab jeans and tops. I like to compliment women who do enjoy feminine clothing, and hope they enjoy such compliments.