There is another active thread discussing how we feel when dressed and I didn’t want to hijack that one, so am starting afresh and introducing the concept of ‘hygge’.

I have just been listening to a radio programme talking about this Danish concept of ‘hygge’ best described as cosiness. The word is pronounced as a guttural ‘hooga’ and it is also where the word ‘hug’ originates. We all know about that word and how many of us feel about wearing a bra.

Hygge seems to be a state of well-being, contentment, comfortableness, being at one with the world – but all rolled into one. It seems to be part of the Danish way of life – to be snug and happy, and more. I think it sums up how I feel when dressed. It’s an indefinable feeling that I have referred to previously as ‘contentment’ but perhaps hygge says it better.

Maybe there are some Danish girls out there who could add to my thoughts and maybe explain it better. And it would also be interesting to see whether others are in a state of 'hygge' when in their finery.

Vikky