Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Besides Perfume Any Scents or Smells Give You Feminine Thoughst?

Silver Member

Besides Perfume Any Scents or Smells Give You Feminine Thoughst?

For me most are found in a beauty salon. Be it the rare smell of a perm in progress, highlighting bleach or good old fashion hairspray. I smell any of those and I'm looking for some Sara time. I also remember how neat I thought the bathroom smelled after my sister used Nair.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Baby powder & face powder!

Also floral scents, whether shampoo or the real deal.

Coconut is always a strong one. I think it is from the suntan oil connection.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    For some reason it's the smell of face-cleaning wipes that remind me all the time of dressing up.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Me its also nail polish love that smell a bra after i wore it awhile not sweaty but nice smell with perfume

I just found some Berry scented Olay lotion. Smells good and legs feel soft!

Growing up, my uncle rented a house on a lake every year for the entire summer. His teen and college age kids would come and go, sometimes working at the local village, other times, going home for a few days and going down the shore instead. There were several clothes lines in back of the house, and everyone would just hang their bathing suits up and leave them there until they went swimming again. So the suits often had some musty, forest-y cent to them, perhaps also the pheromone scent of the person who had worn them, but I wasn't smart enough back then to know. Several times, I knew that everyone was going to be away from the house for the entire day. So I would borrow one of my female cousin's swimsuits and take a swim in the lake. I associate the scent of the bathing suits with the feeling of being dressed, and appearing to be, a teenage girl. I got caught once in the lake by one of my cousin's friends, while in one of her suits. Being in the water, and having long hair and not having reached puberty yet, I seemed to have passed myself off as a girl, as there were no signs that she thought I was anything else. That was about 45 years ago. Beyond 16, my uncle stopped renting the house. However, I returned to the lake a few years ago, and the scent from the area was the same, and it brought back all those memories from so very long ago, and I remembered wearing that swimsuit and how it made me fee, l just as if it had happened yesterday.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

For me nail polish is a powerful one too. Also lavender body wash .

Sometimes Miss, I love that story..the sense of smell is so amazing, isn't it? Just a whiff of something can trigger a memory you'd forgotten you had, takes you right back to the time and place. I can imagine how going back to that lake and smelling that smell all over again must have been a magical moment.

Going back to the original question though, for me it is mostly about scents and perfumes - I particularly love it when I reach out one of my wigs and it still smells of my perfume from a previous wearing. I always feel that my wig is what really transforms me, mentally, from Stephen to Michelle and when it has that lingering perfume it just makes me smile inside (and out!).

Michelle
    xxx

Banned Read only
    Sara,
    Scents and smell can unlock so many memories even old ones. The smell of makeup just makes me want to wear it, the smell of clothes bought from charity shops having the drift of perfume on them. Clothes given by other people have the fragrance of their brand of washing powder, opening the wife's wardrobe and getting the warm feminine aroma. The faint warm smell of a new bra, slightly rubbery after it's been worn, the smell of lace on full frilly petticoats.
    Maybe they should can some of them specially for the CDing market ! I would love to get in my car and have it smell of a bridal shop .

Silver Member
    I now have to add nail polish to my list for sure and I don't know how I forgot my MAC brow fix with a scent I don't even think most would find pleasant but it is a fave of mine. Every time I do my makeup and get to my brows, I open the tube and enjoy the aroma, it puts me so in the mood to dress.
    Teresa, I strongly agree that scents can be extremely powerful reminders about memories.

Any others?

I remember as a kid, powder make-up/foundations always seemed to have a distinct smell that always did it for me. I don't know if they've changed they way they're making it now but I haven't noticed that smell in years.

Teresa, Sometimes jumpers that you buy from charity shops do smell of very cheap perfume. Some smell nice ...some rather foul.

But what I remember as a child before I started down the dressing road, was my mother used to wear 4711 (that was over 70 years ago). She also used to sprinkle it in her clothes drawers. Could it have been to keep the moths away?. Much better than moth balls.

Julie.

A long time back there were some great scents from lipsticks. Not so much anymore, with a few exceptions. Not on topic, but the click of those metal lipstick cases is missed.

Smell is so evocative of times and places. I grew up in a female dominated world and the smell of makeup, especially face powder takes me back to those wonderful early days as I explored dressing up.

For me at least the overwhelming smell of clothing in charity and secondhand shops is mustiness. I would love to smell the drift of perfume from some feminine article as that is a wonderfully crafted phrase. Thank you Teresa. The smell of freshly washed lingerie is something I enjoy too.

I have three:
    1. I hand wash all my lingerie with special lingerie soap from Nordstrom's, after drying, I fold neatly and put in my dresser. The nest time I dress, the first item is, of course, panties. Before putting them on I inhale a deep breath. Ahhhh, makes me smile.
    2. I have matching perfume and body & hand lotion. Both the smell and feeling, while putting on, is very sensuous.
    3. When I open my closet, the subtle smell is wonderful.

Banned Read only
    Julie,
    I know what you mean but the charity shops in my town don't appear to have that problem they must chose well because their turnover is so high. Most of the stuff gets steamed to make them more presentable , I must admit the drift of perfume from the clothes I have bought has been very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    The faint warm smell of a new bra, slightly rubbery
    I had forgotten about that. The Playtex full torso briefers and high waisted girdles and 'control panties', you know, the ones with the zippers and hook closings, and garter attachments, always had that slight rubber scent to them. And I have several of them, lucked into some new old stock stuff on fleabay.

Aaannnnnnd nail polish remover. Oh, the memories of my sister and her friends doing their nails and the scent of 'girl party' going on in the bedroom next to mine made me desperate to join in, but of course 'boys' weren't allowed.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 09-05-2016 at 02:24 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Noxzema and Dove Cream also have their own special smell along with Oil of OLAY. I to like the smell of Nail polish and the bannay smell of nail polish remover. I am not sure if that banana scent is still in use because the last two bottles I bought doesn't have it.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Silver Member
    Sometimes, I forgot about the older girdles made from rubber that my mother sore and the intoxicating aroma from them when i would peak into her unmentionable drawer!
    I think those mandatory trips with her to the beauty parlor was the source of my love to this day of spending time there. I recall how strong all of the scent there seemed, in particular the perms of those days and the clouds of hairspray. The idea that memories tied to scent being long lasting seems true!
    Are there more?

I used to love the smell of foundation makeup and heavy lipstick. I don't think that make up smells the same these days.
    It is uncanny how the sense of smell can transport you back to your childhood though. I still love the smell of the perfume or makeup sections in the big department stores.

Kara Zor-El
    Pizza Huts! Maybe I'm alone on that one but other things would include lavendar scents whether lotion or soaps, certain types of sunscreens, and any floral scented item.

Like many others lavender (do not know why specific) and other flowers, lipstick and nailpolish remover. Maybe sexist but cinnamon, baking, Mom's kitchen!! (women are not just bakers) LOL My aunt was a beautician and had her shop in her home!! The smell of perms makes me sick!! Sorry but it does!! Soap smells and shampoo especially flowery or fruity but soap would be like coast because my wife used it. She was allergic to most soaps but could use coast!!! Hugs Lana Mae

The smell and taste of lipstick is a turn on for me, and also nail polish.

Sounds a bit weird but it's cucumbers for me, my wife has worn cucumber dove antiperspirant since I've known her and I love it.

I don't wear it though that's her thing.

I used to also love nail polish and nail polish remover smells, until I made a batch of stout that the temperature got a bit out of control on me. Yeast will produce acetone if they get out of the temperature range they are supposed to be at. That batch of beer forever ruined the pleasantness of nail polish for me, blech!

Dani