Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I wish someone had told me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jane277 View Post
    I'm new as well, but the one thing I wish someone would have told me is that one minute I would be fine and happy dressed, then all of a sudden, I will be disgusted with myself.
    That's why we PURG! LOL Been there...

I wish someone told me that hip pads are a must to really get that fem look!

And wear sunblock to keep your skin young.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 09-13-2016 at 09:28 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Silver Member
    Many good responses. Mostly trying to figure out your gid before entering a relationsip, tell her way early, accept yourself, etc. Are the best ones.

However, very few people pay much attention to advice. And need to bang their heads themselves.

My addition? Pink Fog is real, can be thick, and you are probably not immune.

Oh and pink or orange undercoat helps with shadow.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 09-13-2016 at 09:38 PM.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adrienner99 View Post
    If you get in a serious relationship with a woman, tell her you CD BEFORE you get married.

I could not agree more, yet I was not into fully dressing up until a few years after we were married.
    However, I told her about my love for wearing high heels when we were dating, that was it.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Read only
    "........I wasn't a homosexual." Of course all cross dressers in the 1950's and 1960's were homosexuals! Or so I was told!

Don't tell anyone in your church if you are in one. And, take it one day at a time. You don't know what a day will bring, and could be your last.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 09-14-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Once you start dressing , you've signed up for life. It is not going away

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    In the following order:
    1. Accept yourself and move on, no one is perfect.
    2. Be up front from the first date with your future spouse.
    3. Don't purge thinking that this will cause you to stop. It doesn't work!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

love your mother
    feed the cat
    and always leave the porch light on.
    Live and let dress.

Well said Katie...I always turn everything into a big monster!!! It has taken me a while to get to the point of telling myself it is not a pair of six-inch thigh-high boots but rather dollar store pink flip-flops

In all seriousness, don't obsess over this thing. Meet your responsibilities, allow it to make you a more empathetic person, and move on. Everyone has challenges and issues. If you knew what others are dealing with, you would be shocked!

I'm pre-op my advice: if you devote enough, time, $$$ and energy and reach a passable state, I recommend that you communicate with people before they read you. eg I'm doing post doctorate studies and use the local and/or academia librarys frequently so to avoid suspicion, stares, harassment etc, I now, when I enter these places, approach the duty librarian, explain I am a pre-op transexual, not there to molest anyone/children etc, but to study....most are very understanding, co-operative and even protective of me.....works in other places as well eg shopping for dresses, makeup (my favourite because it's a great place for personalised advice and a quick makeover), hairdressers etc....nip their phobia/judging you in the bud. Also dress like GG's: don't sport a drag queen look or struggle around in a skin tight pencil skirt with 3" heels in the middle of the day in Macys for example (save those looks for when you're out at night with the gurls).....just some suggestions..you have to make mistakes to learn....blessings

just breathe...
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

What great advice! I love it all!

Dress appropriately for the occasion.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I'm loving all of the responses. Here's what I would have liked to have heard:

Remember, there's nothing wrong with enjoying yourself.

and:

Oh, here, let me do your makeup!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Silver Member
    YMMV! We are all individuals somewhere along the gender spectrum and you need to meet your needs.

DON'T BE FEARFUL OF QUALIFIED COUNSELOR/THERAPISTS if you think they may help and can afford to go, find a good one and learn about yourself, it helps with the whole self-acceptance solution to being yourself. I started this a bit late (none have suggested a cure, not even the bad ones)!

Most people in fashion/beauty are open-minded to gender variations, so don't fear the SA/MUA/Stylists.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Speaking of drag queens...

Have fun!

Whether on YouTube or wherever, or out in the real world, there are some *really* amazing girls out there.

They just don't give a hoot! Very vibrant, entertaining & full of life.

Real characters who certainly have a blast with it all. And you know what? That's contagious!

All your troubles & concerns & issues really do just disappear, and you simply start seeing things in a whole new light.

It's pretty wild, really.

Learn from them, too.

Aspiring Member
    I wish some one had told me how expensive it is. I may have rethought the whole thing.
    Sara

Take everything with the grain of salt. You have a good life ahead and will be more fruitful as the typical CIS person is trying to find their identity.
    Part Time Girl

Learning to walk in heels is hard.

Learning to drive in heels is terrifying. I've never had cause to bemoan my manual transmission before, but sometimes I do now.

Dani

Oh my god, I don't even know where to start. I wish someone had said "it's OK to be yourself." Or "You're NOT wrong or broken." "You'll be happier telling your wife, dumass, you know she's going to accept you."

Most of all...."don't hate yourself."

Ah-May-Lee
    When I first started out trans I wish someone told me to stay away from Times Square area of NYC. Also go easy on the Aquanet hair spray.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

The greatest piece of information I have come across after years of feeling ashamed is that the latest research tells us that being transgender is a likely the result of naturally occurring events in the early weeks of the development of the fetus. By the time you are born, if the brain has been feminized, you truly are what you are. When I discovered this and did some research on the gender spectrum, my shame was gone for good. What a relief!

Banned Read only
    I wish some one had told me if I don't do it the way every one else does, then it doesn't count.
    Last edited by GBJoker; 09-15-2016 at 11:00 PM.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by adrienner99 View Post
    If you get in a serious relationship with a woman, tell her you CD BEFORE you get married.
    That's good unless you realize well into the marriage how much you like to dress. Although my mother apparently dressed me as a girl when I was an infant and I sometimes wore her bras and even panties when I was a young teenager, I only dabbled in crossdressing until recently. By that time, I had been married to my wife for about thirty years.

There's no one bit of advice that applies to everyone.

1. Never purge! ( I lost so many things I wish I still had)
    2. Dress for the occasion. Don't go glam out in broad daylight.
    3. Tell your spouse. Don't want her finding panties and thinking you are cheating.
    4. Invest in quality breastforms and a wig. They will last a lot longer than and look and feel better.
    5. Last but not least accept yourself. Still working through this part but progress is progress.