Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loving these self checkout lanes

Loving these self checkout lanes

First off, I have no problem going shopping in a store, I've done it in girl mode but mostly I do it in guy mode. When I was a teen I used to get so scared at shopping for women's clothing, but over time it became easier and easier.

But I do love the new self checkout lanes at some stores, they are so convenient (when working of course) One would think that a crossdresser must have come up with the idea

That's all, cheers
    Erika

Yeah went though some of those but had to have the SA go find a price tag LOL. So now I just go though the regular line and check out. No problems and if I am fem dressed no problems.
    Part Time Girl

I hear ya. Just bought a pair of silicon bra pads last night from the self checkout. I got some jewelrey and a bra once and when I walked out the security alarm went off. I guess the jewelrey packaging has anti theft stickers on the packaging somewhere. Well some nice looking young girl had to go over my receipt and dig through all the items in the bag. Wasn't the end of the world but I didn't quite get the exit I was hoping for

I agree and have done the same. In male mode female it does relieve some of the stress by going through self checkout. They are very handy.

PRICE CHECK
    I loath them, prices incorrectly stored on terminal software (spot sale) , a working terminal hah, non removal of security tags, and it's someone's job. In today's environment of high unemployment I find it hard to justify the use of these.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Crossdresser came up with the idea of self-check outs, Lol. I wouldn't doubt it.
    I prefer using those anyway, with or without any girl-items.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Read only
    As a matter of course in buying anything at some large variety stores with self checkout I always check the tag with a price scanner. Price scanners are usually on posts throughout Target and Wal-Mart. I've found many times new stock items, whether related to women's fashions, have not been entered into the store's data base before shipping from a warehouse.

Boring, I love to savior the experience of buying things in front of someone. Besides I work as a cashier so I understand their mindset completely. They don't care, they won't even remember you in 5 minutes. They see too many people.

I saw a guy dressed in purple femme things, purse, lady shoes. An older man. I don't remember a thing about his appearance nor would I think about him after a day or two. We really are irrelevant background characters in every strangers life.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Never liked self checkouts, but having recently (and finally!) conquered my fear of buying femme things in store, from an SA, I just want to do it again and again. All the fears were entirely in my head.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 09-14-2016 at 01:35 PM.

I like self checkout lanes. If you're using them to stealthily purchase CDing things to avoid embarrassment, questions, strange looks, etc. from cashiers, make sure your items have a good bar code. You don't want to hear "THIS GUY NEEDS A PRICE CHECK ON A BRA" when you get assistance.

Initially I liked them when my ex would send me to the store when her Aunt Flo came to town. She never planned a head. It was just easier not dealing with the young lady at the checkout with tampax. However, now I dislike them as people need jobs. When everyone is replaced by a machine, who is going to have a job.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Erika,
    I don't have a problem with shopping but I find the self check line have so many problems there's always a SA standing around to sort things and keep it all moving along , or maybe they're keeping a check on how many CDers do go through the checkouts.

DianeF,
    Yes most SAs are OK and the problem is in our heads, once over that fear, I started to have some fun with them , most like something a little out of the ordinary.
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-14-2016 at 07:24 PM.

I like the self checkout lines too especially when buying femme items in drab. I went through one in femme in a grocery store and had purchased a bottle of wine. Didn't think about the over 21 id check. The little lady came over smiled looked close at me and said "I think you're just a shade over 21" (late 40's actually). I think it made her day. I still get a little nervous when I am out and about, but I'm learning to go with it and have fun.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Unexpected item in bag! Please wait for assistance

Banned Read only
    If they gave us a 10% discount when using self check out I would use them more but if you think about it only 1 person has 4 t0 8 self check out stands to watch, the store is making more money from these than at the cashiers.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Initially I liked them when my ex would send me to the store when her Aunt Flo came to town. She never planned a head. It was just easier not dealing with the young lady at the checkout with tampax. However, now I dislike them as people need jobs. When everyone is replaced by a machine, who is going to have a job.
    Hi Jamie, I haven't heard about Aunt Flo in ages......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattie View Post
    If they gave us a 10% discount when using self check out I would use them more but if you think about it only 1 person has 4 t0 8 self check out stands to watch, the store is making more money from these than at the cashiers.
    They're probably also making more $$ because of the drop in shop-lifting.

You don't even want to know how much make-up & pantyhose & clothes I stole when I was younger, all because I was too scared/embarrassed to face a cashier with those kinds of purchases.

I was never caught -- but can only imagine the even *bigger* embarrassment if I had been...

Reality Check
    Self checkout lanes are fine and I will often use them for everyday purchases, not just "crossdressing" supplies. Remember though, a human is watching what you are buying so if that bothers you, you are not gaining anything except not having to look them in the eye.

Really though, we have a right to buy panties and bras (and we certainly shouldn't steal them) so, assuming you still have a pair, just take them to the cashier and pay for them just like you would for a bottle of motor oil or a set of spark plugs.

Banned Read only
    Just a comment on the concept of self checkout lanes. In August there was a published study of shopping trips in USA, Great Britain and Europe. It was a detailed study. One million shopping trips totaling six million items were audited. It found 850,000 items were not scanned and paid for. The study was on grocery stores. It concluded the grocer were actually losing money with self checkout lanes. In my local Wal-Mart yesterday there was one sales associate monitoring eight stations. Of course there are cameras in the ceiling, but, I'm sure there can be a panty or two missing the scanner. In the same manner I like to get cash at my local bank in person and not at the outside ATM. The teller asked me once why I don't use the ATM. I told her I enjoy talking to people. I don't know if that would extend to asking a young female sales associate at Target if she like my choice of bra and panty. At least I wouldn't ask in North Carolina!

Bypassing the scanner is not a good idea. Many people don't know that the bagging area on the self checkouts is a scale, and the weight of most or all items is programmed into the system. So if you stack two 6 ounce cans of tuna and scan them quickly as one, and 12 ounces goes into the bag, you get that "Unexpected item in bag" alarm. That's also why you get that annoying "Please place item in bagging area" if you don't put it in the bag right away.
    I only use the self scanners occasionally, as I always feel like I'm putting someone out of a job. I use it when I have some nylons or pantys to buy. Then I wait until the clerk goes to help someone and then put my items through.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Stephanie, I like how you put Great Britain 'and' Europe! My wife works at a large store and has commented on the number of guys buying girl stuff and using the self checkouts, and yes, they do lose thousands a week from pilferers.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 09-15-2016 at 09:04 PM.

Banned Spammer

ha ha yeah right

Transsexual working TS steal from wall greens $10California.
    in cosmetics per year just in the one store on highland/Santa Monica Blvd in Hollywood California

They started not being 24 hours anymore as a result. You have to steal $950.00 to get arrested resulting in more theft.you get a ticket for less the $950.00
    Imagine closing at 6:00pm on Thursday,Friday and Saturdays.

Its some hard looking and manly transsexuals there and even a few gender**** TG's with full beards and full pretty femine looks but there are many stealth good looking TG's that go undetected.if your good looking and young you have money if you do that work if your less desirable looking your having a hard time.

There is a country where the pizza place has a robot take your order and cook it.that country has so much automation the government gives everyone $1600-1800/month antipoverty wages.

Quote Originally Posted by laurababe View Post
    They're probably also making more $$ because of the drop in shop-lifting.

You don't even want to know how much make-up & pantyhose & clothes I stole when I was younger, all because I was too scared/embarrassed to face a cashier with those kinds of purchases.

I was never caught -- but can only imagine the even *bigger* embarrassment if I had been...
    Last edited by reinasblack; 09-15-2016 at 09:42 PM.

When in boy mode and buying girl stuff I tend to go through self checkout. It's particularly handy when just picking up makeup or nail polish remover. If it isn't available, what the heck the clerk will never again meet the guy buying the sports bra. In girl mode, whichever checkout line is available.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by MelanieAnne View Post
    Bypassing the scanner is not a good idea. ..........
    Of course not. It's stealing. A crime. Hopefully, most of is were raised with the thought that we don't steal even if we have the opportunity to do so.

As for putting someone out of a job, many, many years ago, you would have gone to the grocery store and told the clerk you wanted two cans of tuna and he would have walked back, picked them up and brought them to you. His/her job was eliminated when the grocery cart was invented. This is just an extension of that. A company reducing overhead to lower costs and/or remain competitive. Remember when a gas station employee filled your gas tank and washed your windshield?

It's no different than a farmer using machinery to plant and harvest crops rather than human labor.

When one clerk watches 8 checkouts on a split screen, seven people are out of a job.

A company reducing overhead to lower costs and/or remain competitive.
    Somehow, I doubt the savings are being passed on to the customers.