Thread: I wish I could be her...

I wish I could be her...

I just finished watching an old "Perry Mason" episode on DVD. I don't remember much of the plot because I was watching Barbara Hale as "Della Street" all during the episode. So classy, so feminine. If I could be any woman, it would be her!

Jen, I remember her. Good memories. This afternoon i watched "Return to Treasure Island", 1954, Tab Hunter & Dawn Addams. Really cheesy movie, lots of bad acting and "errors". She ran away while handcuffed, pushed to the ground, swam under water in the ocean, yet always had nicely styled hair and nice makeup (I'm not complaining about that).
    Some westerns of old had beautiful Indian young women with glamorous makeup (again, not complaining).
    Loved the glamour of old movies and TV shows.

Lol I have been watching Gunsmoke reruns lately and have come to take a fancy to Miss kitty at the Longbranch Saloon. I think I never paid much attention to her when I was younger and the shows were also in black n white. Now that they have been retouch with digital colors she is very pretty and has that Saloon girl look more so. She had bright red cheeks and very red lips.... My favorite.

Jen, Barbara Hale as Della Street was everything I thought a women should be.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Oh, yes, the ladies back then, were ladies indeed! So rare almost extinct now. But, some of us dressers capture the look well.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    God! I could write you a very long list of girls I'd like to be. Love old movies where the women were so glamorous and sophisticated, but if I had a gun to my head I'd be UK singer Kate Bush, beautiful, multi-talented, lovely personality, been in love with her since 1978!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    ...if I had a gun to my head I'd be UK singer Kate Bush, beautiful, multi-talented, lovely personality...
    and as mad as a box of frogs.

The women had weak ankles in those Westerns of old though. Whenever the going got tough, an ankle was twisted and the hero carried her to safety...Max Factor makeup and all. More cheese than a Quarter Pounder.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

There is something to be said about the old shows and actresses!! There is also something to be said for music divas like Aretha Franklin, or Seleen Dion(My favorite although I can not spell her name!!) We all have our favorites!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Jaylyn, what I liked mist about Miss Kitty was her eyelashes.

I'll add my name to the Barbara Hale fan club as well.

Karen

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen60 View Post
    .......... I was watching Barbara Hale as "Della Street" all during the episode. So classy, so feminine. If I could be any woman, it would be her!
    Unfortunately, you would be dead.

I've been on this earth for a good while and sometimes I pause to think. Many people lament the good old days but if you really think about it, our lives are generally better now than they were or would have been fifty years ago in so many ways. The good old days aren't coming back so it's best to enjoy the present and look to the future.

I would love to have been Marilyn Monroe. Her life wasn't that good back then, but that look! Greta Garbo. And I have to look like Harp Marx.

Ooh and nobody has mentioned Rita Hayworth so far....as my name suggests..Gilda..that kind of woman, sensual in every way....but also strong...

Gilda
    hopefully becoming the real "ME" now

Krisi, I assume your "you'd be dead" reply was tongue-in-cheek. It's only her look that's wanted, not the entirety of her life.
    But I agree that our lives are better now, and that includes better for crossdressers,too. We can have any and all styles current and past. Purple bob wig, vintage shapewear, or Victorian gown, just google it and buy it. Elements of my go-to look come from different decades. Best time to be a crossdresser.

I remember feeling that way about my best friends mom.I admired her soft radiant skin and her feminine ways. I also loved her taste in clothes .

I've always liked June Allyson. She was always the girl next door, the faithful wife type, always positive and sweet. She was also about a foot shorter and half my weight! Sigh!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I'm always bemused by the crossdresser aesthetic which seems to be locked into the 1940's / 1950's. Yeah, they were pretty and I would expect some people to be somewhat attracted to that style but it seems over-represented. I enjoyed the 50's in the 50's and don't miss them now.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    I have a lot of "hers" that I wish I was her.

Aspiring Member
    For me, it's MaryAnne. Or maybe Ginger.

For me it is Lee Meriwether when she played Catwoman in the Batman movie in 1966. To me, Lee was the best and most feminine Catwoman. http://13thdimension.com/lee-meriwet...e-and-forever/
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jen, Della Street was the picture of Classic Elegance for sure......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    and as mad as a box of frogs.,....
    Reb, how dare you, lol!