Thread: Nightgown Issue/Problem

Banned Read only

Nightgown Issue/Problem

Ok, I'm new so here goes my first post! Here's my nightgown issue/problem. My wife doesn't know about Diane (although I think she suspects). For the last couple of years I have been sleeping in oversized mens t-shirts. I'm small and they come down to just above my knee, but they're still a man's t-shirt. I have serveral colors (white is my favorite) and I usually wear matching womens socks or just plain womens white socks. The problem is that now I want to go a step further and wear womens nightgowns! Not sexy lingerie or anything, just plain womens nightgowns. The problem is how do I do this? Do I just tell/ask my wife? Do I buy a slightly feminine night shirt or gown and just wear it to bed? A couple of years ago my wife bought me a womens robe and womens slippers (both in dark manly colors, but clearly womens). I was thrilled and still wear them, but we don't talk about it! Any suggestions?

Honestly I don't see how you can pull it off without having "the talk". I suppose you could buy a women's night shirt (they make ones that are basically giant t-shirts) and try to play it off ("Oh this is a women's shirt? My mistake"

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Diane, are you my long lost American twin? (I've read you intro..)I'm 50 (and a bit...)married, in the closet and right now unsure of just how much my wife knows. Anyhoo, could you not go shopping with your SO for a new nightgown, as you already have a robe and slippers, look at some nightgowns that could be either M or F and move on to something a little more femme and see what her reaction is? Just an idea.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 09-16-2016 at 03:11 PM.

You could try some women's tailored pajamas and see how that goes over...

Something like this...
    https://www.amazon.com/National-Tail.../dp/B0000U6ODW

Lacy PJs

I think you need to as someone said"have the talk"! Communication and trust is what holds a marriage together!! I was married 34 years when my wife died!! I f she has already bought you feminine items the I think the time is right and you should carefully discuss this with her!! IMHO Hugs Lana Mae

Aspiring Member
    Why don't you buy her the kind of nightgown you would like yourself? That was how my nightgowns started. I bought her a nice long satin nightgown. Then I would tell her how much I love the feel of her nightgown against her skin, and how nice it felt against my skin too. Then I told her that I imagine that it would feel so good if we both wore matching nightgowns. Of course I told her I wouldn't do it if she objected. She let me give it a try, and we've been wearing matching nightgowns ever since.

Confucius has a good suggestion, especially "do you mind if I try it?".
    Or you could go shopping with your wife and admire what you want and "would she mind if you bought one?".

Mountain Lass
    Why the lack of honesty here? Why put your wife in a situation where she has little choice- as would be the case if you were already in a store?

Choice. That's what she wants. The choice to be able to express freely what she thinks, to offer her opinion. She would like to know why you want to wear a women's nightgown and daft statements like 'it feels nice against my skin' don't cut it. A nightgown is a practical garment for sleeping in. ' Baby dolls' are for sex. Now if she suspects that your feelings are beyond the practical function of a nightgown and more of the how womanly it would make you feel she has a right to know. Yes, she may express some misgiving but you have to appreciate that you may be stepping on her sexuality and that is what GGs feel is an issue.

Most cders look ridiculous in nightgowns. You always choose the wrong shape-and flowers!!! You would be wiser to consider how you present as a bed-partner than getting joyful over the choice of nightgown itself.

And satin may feel good but it is a man-made fibre and not so healthy for sleeping. Ditto polyester,viscose and nylon.

My wife picks out nightgowns for me and matching pajamas for us. I love when she surprises me with new sleepwear. It is amazing how understanding and helpful they can be if they are part of the process. Honesty is a good thing.

Banned Read only
    The first article of women's clothing I was drawn to way a nylon slip. The lure was the feel of nylon. It was totally different than any boy clothes I wore. As I young boy I first fondled the slips as they dried on the wash line. Then I tried one on. I also found my mom's nylon floor length nightgowns. Oh, heavenly! When I got married I bought my wife nylon gowns. We made shopping trips on Saturdays to mid town Manhattan and perused the racks at Macy's on Herald Square, Gimbel's, Korvette's. etc. One day I slipped into one of her nightgowns, which still after forty plus years is still in the back of the closet. She found me wearing it. I told her the truth......I loved the feel of nylon. We ended up buying me nightgowns too. I fondly remember my pink peignoir (still have), a black gown (gone now too small), red peignoir (toss off from my wife..not nylon).

There are nylon full slip that do not have adjusters which are not extremely feminine....no lace...functional. Perhaps your wife would be agreeable to you wearing a plain nylon shortie to bed?

Well she's got you women's clothes before, so most likely, wont have a problem in some more. just be respectful and honest, first with yourself then her. try not to push things too quickly, once the cats out the bag you both need to adjust you know. good luck and take care
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.... Scrap that, Set the unicorns freeeeee

I've been wearing LL Bean ladies night shirts for over 30 years!! Check them out!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I just realized I'm wearing a nightshirt from Lands End not LL Bean - Good luck!!

A couple of months ago i bought two red mid calf silk night gowns. One just has shoulder straps and the other long sleeved. I reslly like them. Wore the long sleeve the most. I dressed all day and looked forward to wearing one of my red gowns to bed. I wss able to fo this for a week as wife who is against me dressing, was visiting relativs in NJ. Havent been able to wear gowns or dress totally for two months now. Thats ok since i underdress most of the time. Its a risk of course but out of sight-out of mind hopefully.

It sounds like your wife has already shown you that she is accepting to you wearing nightgowns. My suggestion would be to thank her for her previous support and continue to talk openly and honestly with her.
    Good luck!
    Di

Banned Read only
    Diane,
    I don't sleep well most of the time but I found wearing a nightie under my PJs did help. I did this for a while but it became difficult at times getting ready for bed, eventually I told my wife that I was wearing them to help me sleep. She knows I've struggled with sleep problems so she told that if wearing them helped then carry on doing it, so now I sleep in them all the time without my PJs .

Reality Check
    My wife and I sleep naked and have done so since I met her and suggested it so I don't wear nightgowns to bed.

My wife wears what I can best describe as "moo moos" or sack dresses around the house before getting dressed to go out or after her shower and before bed. She has been known to wear them until they are a bit ragged.

One day, out of the blue and before she knew anything about my dressing and before I had any female clothing of my own, I asked her why she was always wearing these dresses. She said "Because they are comfortable."

I said "Well, if they are so comfortable, I want one." I thought that was the end of it but the next day she came home with two of them for me. Well, she bought them for me, I might as well wear them right?

So, maybe there is a slightly devious way that you can get what you want. Or maybe not, but it's worth a try if you do it right.

I wore women tees to bed for yrs. Now I've started wearing women t dresses they are longer than tees and they fit better.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I think the fact that she's already bought you some feminine clothing says she knows what you prefer. Have the talk, point out something cute in advertising and say you like it, or as suggested, buy something you'd like for her and show her how much you like it's texture and looks.