Thread: A long overdue update

A long overdue update

I've been a member on this forum for years, but don't get the opportunity to post very often but I do today so here goes... A little over a year ago I finally told my wife my "secret" after hiding it from her for 16 years of marriage. She took it well, was very understanding but didn't want to talk about it much and had no interest in seeing me dressed. It took about six months, in the early spring of this year when I finally had the courage to underdress in front of her, just some pretty panties under my clothes, and we went out to lunch that way - she knew and she was fine with it. With my son in school during the day and the two of us with an occasional morning off together I was able to underdress at those times and even bring it into the bedroom with us,(we both agreed on none of this around my son, he doesn't need to know) although she still insisted she wasn't ready to see me dressed in anything else yet. Then came the weekend where my son was going to be away on a school trip for 3 nights - I asked my wife if it would be alright if I underdressed the entire time he was gone and she was fine with it. As we went to bed that night I actually got her permission to wear one of my babydoll nighties to sleep in... I was so thrilled! I got up before her in the morning and came downstairs to have coffee and go over my email as I usually do, still in my babydoll and panties, when she walked in and saw me dressed for the first time. I was a little embarrassed and nervous and apologized but she just said "aw, it's no big deal, enjoy!" I sat at the dining room table, her in the living room, we each went to each other several times over the next hour and a half to point out things in the news to each other, things like that and it was like everything was normal. I was so incredibly happy, but soon put regular "male" clothes on over my panties.. didn't want to push too much on her at once. Since then we've gone away for a couple weekends together, and I've only brought female underwear with me and she's fine with it, and she lets me sleep in my nighties every night when it's just us two. We've gone out shopping a couple of times and she's helped me pick out a few things and I just love it!! One night in a hotel, as I was in one of my babydolls, she actually said that it looked really good on me. There's so much more I still want to share with her, but I am so happy with the way things are right now.. I know how incredibly lucky I am and I try to let her know how much I love and appreciate her every day. I guess I really wanted to post this just to let those of you thinking about letting your wife in on your "secret" that it can go well... It does take time and patience, and it is best to go very slowly with it - I only wish I hadn't waited so long.. I could have been enjoying this years earlier!

Congratulations. I also took baby steps but started before we were married with panties. Ten years later we were shopping for almost everything together. She tends to be more receptive when I include her in the process. Often, when we go shopping, I tell her that I will spend and equal amount on her that we spend in me. I know it is a bribe but it is amazing how many great things she can find for me to wear. Good luck going forward.

What a relief it must be, not to have to worry about keeping your secret anymore.

Wow - that's great!

I'm still closeted but I hope that if I come out to my wife at some point that it goes as well. Congratulations!

Wonderful!

I'm really happy for you. It really means a lot to be allowed to be comfortable in your own skin.

I wish you and your family all the best as you continue to grow together.

Dani

Sounds great!! Keep letting her know how much this means to you and that you love her very much!! Best wishes to the entire family going forward!! Hugs Lana Mae

once the secret is gone...it feels great. I know it did for me. Enjoy it! and also thank her
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

I love hearing stories like this. I have been out to my wife before we were married. 37 years later it's no big deal for her to see me dressed. We go shopping together for clothes and she finds me things to wear. It is great to have an approving wife.

It's a damed if you do damed if you don't. Maybe years ago it wouldn't have been the same. Timing is everything. It's good your not pushing it and having it in her face all the time. I found for myself they seem to handle it better when you take it slow, and then for some reason you end up getting further without her even realizing how far you are getting.

Great update, and thank you for sharing. You have a good approach in allowing her to acclimate to your dressing over time.

Holy smokes Sis, that is so cool. That must be quite liberating.

Oh yeah, I did that too, almost forgot. At first, she let me wear nightgowns to bed. Then with sex. I was in heaven. Then, she grew tired of it, threw away my nightgowns, told me to stop wearing panties and I had better tow the line if I wanted to keep her. Well, I still wore panties and an occasional nightgown just to push the envelope. Now it's women's PJ's and panties.

Take it slow and and don't push too hard. Congratulations on your new freedom!

Glad that you were finally able to get your secret off your chest. Best wishes.