Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do so many attractive women smoke?

Banned Read only

Why do so many attractive women smoke?

So I was sitting on a bench in an up scale neighborhood recently full femm when two teenage boys walked past. They were chatting normally and one looked at me and changed the topic to 'why do so many attractive women smoke?'

I kinda took it as a compliment (yah, I was smoking a cigarette) but made me think, smoking is gross and horrible, how can it be a feminine attribute...maybe I just need brighter lipstick and bigger boobs!?

There are people who fetishize smoking. Reformed smoker here so I'm definitely not a fan nor do I find there to be anything particularly feminine about it. For some guys it could also be the fact that you're drawing attention to an oral fixation that is catching their eye. For others it could be the smoking=bad girl=promiscuous equation.

Teenage boys are a source of infinite wisdom? At autopsy have removed lungs of nonsmokers and smokers. Think nice fresh pink hamburger compared to over grilled burger. Not feminine.

I think that it is an interesting question about what they observed, age aside. The females I see smoking are usually the older rougher looking types who have been unable or unwilling to kick the habit, or the younger crowd who probably started smoking to more or less fit in with others doing the same.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Assuming by "attractive" you mean trim?

In which case, nicotine can "help" to both increase your metabolism & decrease your appetite.

I was a smoker for quite a while. Started young, too.

But I finally quit for good a few years ago after a long struggle.

I vape now, LOL, which I love sooo much better!

I suppose I still have that oral fixation thing going on.

I agree with Allie on this one. On occasion I'll see some really hot gg smoking and wonder how she came about the habit. Seems many of the attractive girls I see appear to not be smokers. Not always, but it just sems like you can tell. I run and work out a lot and tend to be attracted to, or drawn to those who do the same, so maybe I tend to notice them more. Idk. I wonder if demographics/location may play a roll here too. Humm, just thinking out loud.

Hell-o Robin,
    All you vice cops smoke, don't you?
    It's just another form of stress relief.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    ... it could be the smoking=bad girl=promiscuous equation.
    That's what it always was for me. As a fetish dresser, I think the nicotine heightened the high that was induced by my dressing up. Now that I'm no longer an active dresser, smoking is one of the factors that makes me less likely to go back to dressing up. I have the feeling that if I tried dressing up, I'd be drawn back into the smoking too, and I don't want any such thing to happen. At this point, the sight of a hot-looking woman smoking is still a turnon, but the smell of smoke has the opposite effect on me. For actual sex, to the extent that I might still indulge in it in the remaining years of my life, I'm not any more likely to be with a woman who smokes than to take a drag (pun intended) on a cigarette myself. I'm just a clean-livin' guy nowadays. Of course, I still enjoy memories of my sexy dress-up experiences, as well fantasies and vicarious pleasures inspired by girls on this site.

I find a woman's attractive appearance is decreased when she is smoking. A real turn-off for me.

When I was running around dating many of the girls smoked and I always had to have a lighter to light them. Come to think of it all girls that I had smoked. My current SO smoked but vapes now.
    Part Time Girl

I think attractive women smoke for the same reason unattractive women smoke: addicted to nicotine.

I agree with Micki!! I am a former smoker(53 years)!! I do not denounce anyone who smokes but it is not good for your health and the effects last a long time!! Quit when you can!! Hugs Lana Mae

If for nothing else for the money you'll save! Think about all the cute clothes you won't be able to buy because you smoked that money!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 09-17-2016 at 10:54 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I smoke and wish i didn't but there is something sexy about an attractive woman smoking. I don't know what it is, maybe watching all those old movies with those beautiful stars smoking.

They were dead on right.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 09-17-2016 at 10:55 PM. Reason: you can rephrase that and not be rude

Defense mechanism, uses the breathing thought process to block other, unwanted thoughts. Consider: You're underwater. Can't breath. Do you really care about what's for dinner? Nope. Reference Maslow's hierarchy of needs and it's a pretty easy reach to see that the further you go up, the more important to our minds each item is. Fixate on a higher one to stop thinking about a lower one. It's why people who quit smoking usually overeat; they're replacing one blocking process with another. Some will just say that both are oral fixations, but I prefer my own idea.

It can be a social tool, too. Consider two people having a conversation. They come to a uncomfortable silence, so one picks up a cigarette/cigar/pipe and is busy, putting the onus on the other person to speak.

Or, it's a way to get out of work. When they first started banning indoor smoking, many groups of employees took cigarette breaks frequently, leaving the rest of us to do the actual work. I started going with them. When they asked why, I said I'm just going out to get some fresh air instead of smoky air....like some people prefer menthols, and some regular cigarettes. Then the whole department started walking out with the smokers, and the boss put a stop to all of it.

And last but not least, perhaps they simply do it to annoy the rest of us.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Very unique compliment, Robin.
    I smoke natural cigarettes thru a tar-filter, can see one in one of my pics from my last thread being fully dressed.

To me, it's more of a social thing; I smoke in girl-mode too.
    I'm attempting to keep it to ONLY after meals and when drinking.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I believe a lot of women take up smoking from peer pressure and they think smoking raises their metabolism so they don't gain weight. The only thing that happens they get addicted to the nicotine. A women with a cigarette for me is a big turn off. The smell is something I cannot even stand being around,plus it is very unattractive.

I can't remember the last time I saw an attractive woman smoking. It seems to becoming less sociably acceptable than it once was, especially as smokers are now relegated to the outside.

I used to work with models years ago. Almost all of them smoke. One time I asked them why, they said because it holds their weight down.
    Last edited by Cara Lacey; 09-17-2016 at 10:14 PM.
    Cara

Yeah. I was told women smoke to keep from getting fat. I guess it kills the appetite. My first girlfriend in high school was a smoker, and died young from lung cancer at the age of 49. Most of my smoker friends are dead now.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    In the UK, years of campaigning against smoking and restrictions on where you can smoke, has seen a major fall in numbers. The percentages according to ASH are similar for both sexes, but tends to remain the preserve of the young. We're all immortal when young, but the facts get to us as we age. But in answer to your question, "I haven't a clue". As an ex-smoker, nearly 32 years ago, I now fail to see the fascination. It's killed too many of my family to ever get me again, plus, personal view, it makes me and my breath stink.

Becky
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 09-18-2016 at 05:40 AM. Reason: we don't discuss drugs on this forum
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I smoked for years and enjoyed the habit. Then one day had a issue,long story short 3 bladder surgeries, right kidney removed this year and a whole new outlook. Good news is doctor said i'm cancer free at this time.

Many years of my life were spent trying to quit two things: smoking and cross dressing. I succeeded in quitting smoking and learned to accept my cross dressing. I don't judge those that smoke, and I know it's a powerful addiction. I have not thought about attractive women that smoke, so I don't know that I agree with the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by MissTee View Post
    I succeeded in quitting smoking and learned to accept my cross dressing.
    A perfect outcome. Nobody ever got cancer because of crossdressing.