Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do so many attractive women smoke?

Tje ironic thing about cigarettes for "weight control" is that it's really not so much that smoking makes you thin as quitting makes you fat. A lot of people over-eat when quitting because food somewhat sates the oral-fixation.

I had a love, hate relationship with smoking when younger. I would smoke for a year or two and then give it up for another year or more before resuming as I hated the smell and taste in my mouth the following morning. Finally, many, many decades ago I gave it up for good. Like all reformed smokers I am very sensitive to the smell of cigarettes and find it disgusting. I'm not sure why that happens but I have noticed it with several others who gave up the weed.
    To answer the boy's question; perhaps it is to do with maintaining a low weight or maybe it is just "fashionable" with your crowd. Sadly it is such an unhealthy habit and large numbers of older folk are dealing with the terrible health consequences. I watched my heavy- smoking parents-in-law succumb to COPD and spend their last years gasping for breath while their lungs progressively failed. It was horrible to watch.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not sure I would put much stock in what two teenage boys say.
    I had a bad head cold back in April and smoking just tasted horrible so I decided to quit until my head cold cleared up.
    Took a couple of weeks to clear up and I figured if I went two week with out a smoke I can just stop all together.
    Haven't had the urge since then.

There are two things that I deal with that I have wanted to disappear from my life, crossdressing and my smoking fetish. I am learning to embrace my desire to dress like a woman and I now fully embrace my fetish for women who smoke. I don't know why females smoking turns me on but it just does. The same way I can't help the fact that I want to dress like a woman. I do think smoking is gross but at the same time I smoke so it's almost like I just deal with it. I went without smoking for 10 months and started again and was very disgusted by it and realized how pointless an addiction it is. I have smoked since I was 11 and am now 29 so it's been a part of my life for a long time. I don't think a girl being attractive and her smoking habit have anything to do with each other. Some people smoke, some don't. Some are hot, some aren't. I think a girl with a cigarette enhances her beauty and an unattractive girl smoking makes her more unattractive. For those that have fetishes, you know they can be quite particular so it isn't as black and white as one would think. But if I fall in love with a woman, I would rather her get not smoke for her own good but I will always date smokers. I would never make a girl start for me though. It's a love hate relationship for me. I'm a complicated creature.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...
    Aw, darn, I like the smell of cigars.

Maybe a lot of us are still hung up on the movies of the 40's and 50's. "Hey big boy. Gotta light?"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I have never smoked, nor ever had the desire to, for only one real reason. I cannot stand the smell of them. Even now, if someone in my company lights up, I have to stand upwind of them. And as for the hatred of the smell, kissing a woman who has been smoking, for me, tastes absolutely horrible.
    As much as I cannot stand cigarette smoke, I can stand around a campfire all night and not worry about the smoke. Obviously the wood in the campfire gives off a different aroma than cigarette smoke, and it's an aroma that I like. I wonder if cigarette smokers cannot stand campfire smoke. Who knows.
    The big smoking turnoff for me comes from a woman I know who has had two children, and all the way through both pregnancies, has smoked at least once every two hours right up until she went to the hospital for both births. To me, that is just wrong.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It may be Tania my ex smoked all thru both pregnancies of my daughters and both came out just fine and neither one smoke.
    One is a vegan and to me that is just wrong LOLOL.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    ...One is a vegan and to me that is just wrong LOLOL.
    Yep! Add me to that list who consider being vegan a crime ;-).

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Tania, your post reminds me of a good friend I had in college. I smoked cigarettes, he didn't, and he hated the smell. He smoked pot, I didn't, and I hated the smell.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    Hell-o Robin,
    All you vice cops smoke, don't you?
    It's just another form of stress relief.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Oh HELL yah, in our Lamborghini Aventadors (the ones with the engines catching fire) 😐 and our white soot covered Armani suits and melted Tom Ford shades 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...
    Aw, darn, I like the smell of cigars.
    I have been a cigar smoker since 1963. Get a lot of guys and gals at clubs really take an interest. Most always ask what kind/brand, if they don't smoke them why ask. Plus I don't have any cigarettes for those wanting to borrow one.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    ..I had a bad head cold back in April and smoking just tasted horrible so I decided to quit until my head cold cleared up.
    Took a couple of weeks to clear up and I figured if I went two week with out a smoke I can just stop all together.
    Haven't had the urge since then.
    That's exactly how I quit. It was in the spring of 1972. You can quit if you want to.

I haven't noticed attractive women smoking. I can think of one very attractive (older) woman friend who smokes but she goes outside and around the corner of her workplace to do it.

I use to date a woman who smoked constantly. She would wake up in the middle of the night and smoke a cigarette. She would take a smoke break in the middle of a meal. Kissing her was like kissing an ashtray and even her body smelled of smoke. It wasn't the smoking that ended the relationship though.

That's kind of a trick question for me, because a woman ceases to be attractive to me when I see her smoking. I mean no disrespect to anyone who does it, but it's a dirty, smelly habit, and even light smokers have an odor I find seriously off-putting. I learned that from my first girlfriend--I was happy to have one (a girlfriend), but it was like kissing an ashtray. Never again, I said. Besides, aren't they something like $10 a pack now? That's probably two, maybe three pairs of hosiery!

I don't smoke and never did. I hate the smell. It irritates my eyes and nose. Kissing a smoker tastes like an ashtray.

And yet I find the sight of a beautiful woman smoking to be visually very sexy. Not sure why. Maybe it's the bad girl thing, or a phallic thing.