Thread: Location location location?

Question Location location location?

In all of your opinions (for my future move), where do or did you find the most acceptance or least concern that you CD?

I am curious so that when that sad time to move comes, i will be somewhat ready, shy of doctore to continue HRT, hoping i have started by then and a good SRS doctor. Of course I will travel for a great doctor if need be.

Thank you for the thoughts, the concern and all the help you all have been.
    Jessikah Rey will be free!

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Should ask the trans-people of the forum as crossdressing friendly locations are not always accommodating for people in the process of transitioning.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 09-18-2016 at 06:25 PM.

For now with my current situation, i am stuck at crossdressing for now. I dont wish anything to speed things up as that would be bad, so for now i guess i would rephrase and say crossdressing friendly. Even for a get away.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Well you are mentioning hrt, srs and doctors......
    As a crossdresser, I have never considered that in needing suggestions for places to explore my crossdressing or consider to live

Reality Check
    Assuming that your location is accurate, you live just a few miles from two very large cities. Most large cities have a population somewhere of "unusual" people and if you do a little research, you should be able to find out where these people live, work and hang out. Start by doing a web search on the name of the city and the word "gay".

I have reason to believe that San Francisco, CA is pretty accepting, again, in certain areas.

For now it's more for small trips, a small get away while mom is being cared for by rehab and dad is with her each day. I video call her, and that can be from anywhere.

In my line of work I move around a lot. I've lived in small conservative towns, I've lived in large progressive cities with large LGBT populations.

My conclusion:

It doesn't matter. One bit.

I have been treated the same no matter where I live.

People are people.

I got treated the same in the small conservative town full of religious social conservatives as I have in very pro-LGBT progressive cities.

My worst experiences have actually come in the more progressive cities.

It really doesn't matter. 99.9% of people will just not care. Yes certain areas people may be more likely to hold attitudes that oppose crossdressing and LGBT, but they keep it to themselves. It's not like they are going to round everyone up with torches and pitchforks and stone you to death.

The 0.1% of people who might care enough to be vocal about it will exist anywhere and everywhere. Living in a progressive pro-LGBT city does not mean you will be immune from them, nor does living in a conservative area mean you will have a far greater likelihood of encountering them.

All I can say is this. Be polite and respectful. Have confidence, act appropriately and do not be creepy or weird. Do not cross the line and do inappropriate things. Do this and you will be fine no matter where you live.

Very wise Jedi you are, much thanks to you. Lol

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    The Pacific Northwest, mainly Seattle and Tacoma area (I live just outside Tacoma) are very CD/TG-friendly.
    Hope all goes well.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

If you are ever NC bound, Charlotte and Asheville are LGBTQ+ friendly! The rest of the state not so much! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Here in central Kentucky is a nice place and most people don't really care how you present so I would say its like most anywhere else people are used to trans people.
    I have been all over southeast Kentucky deep in coal mine country bordering with WVa and Va and the people have been very nice to me.
    Its a very rural and yet the people are very accepting even the down home country boy pick up driving kind.
    I was in Harlan Ky doing a trans event and we had some "good old boys" in our group asking questions.
    They were very nice and just had questions nothing more. They referred to us as ma'am and ladies plus very respectful.
    So I think people are pretty much the same everywhere you go and it does matter how YOU react to those people.