Thread: When people ask..

When people ask..

I was curious of other people's thoughts...the few people that know about my crossdressing have different approaches. Some try to figure it out on their own(the why) and some ask allot of questions...I actually really prefer to talk about it and discuss it. Explaining what I know (so far)...what is your preference?
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    It kind of doesn't matter to me.
    I mean, naturally I prefer, and totally don't mind, getting questions about my crossdressing.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Read only
    My wife is the only one who knows that "I" cross dress and she and I discuss freely.

I welcome questions from strangers when i am out. Cross dressing is such a misunderstood thing, the opportunity to explain reality is great.

I agree with Jennifer. We are our best advocates.

I like people who ask because that means we're interacting. However, I have to preface anything I say with a disclaimer that my answers really only apply to me. So many different people under the TG umbrella...
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I only think it gives me a chance to let others know we are normal people and not what many perceive.

Trisha I really think I would answer any questions someone had but I'm afraid I couldn't really answer why I enjoy doing the CD thing. I guess as long as they were not judge mental and asked because they were really interested would be ok. Sometimes though I wonder why I do the things I do and that's when I'm not dressed... Lol

For me, when a 6 year old loudly exclaimed "why is that man dressed as a girl?" to her mother,
    I turned to the little girl and explained how I got a girls brain and a boys body, and that was just how I was made.
    Her mum just smiled at me, kind of like as in "thanks"
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    When I finally came out to one of my really good GG friends, she was asking me all kinds of questions, genuinely interested.

I happily & truthfully answered everything -- as it only applied to me (as Jennie mentioned).

And my friend was so amazed that my legs were shaved, that she just had to feel them (at the shin ), sliding her hand back & forth a few times. She thought it was really cool. Ha!

Anyway, I have no qualms with telling certain people in my life, when I feel the relationship is at a certain level & the time is right. It can definitely be lots of fun.

Sharing means caring!

I like it when others ask about it
    Not every one is aware of all the different reasons why people cross-dress.
    Talking and communicating about our thoughts and feeling is important, the more you hide your feeling the more isolated you may become!
    Of course this is down to the individual if they want to open up and talk about it, but sometimes its helpful and a release

KD
    Last edited by KittyD; 09-19-2016 at 03:14 AM. Reason: spelling

Reality Check
    It's hard to explain to other people why you dress and present yourself as a woman when you don't understand it yourself.

Most non crossdressers assume that we are either gay or want to become women. Those are the questions my wife asked me and from what I've read on this forum, those are what many other crossdresser's.

I try to not let myself get in a position where anyone would ask me. If I was backed into a corner, I would have to admit that I don't know why, but I certainly wouldn't want to get into a conversation about it, especially with a stranger.

Banned Read only
    Trisha,
    It really doesn't bother me , whether I'm in drab or dressed many people now know I dress through me sharing pictures , if they wish to talk about it I'm happy to do so. I always add the point of knowing when to stop, people may wish to talk about it for a while but don't overdo it.

To take up Krisi's point I've tried to find what makes me tick , what makes me want to do it, I still say it's good to know so you can come to terms with it and then you can explain it to others. I would hate to feel backed into a corner, without an explanation, putting the point across has got to help others. it's the only way we are going to get acceptance.

I'd love to have more conversations about my skirts, but most people seem too polite to bring it up.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't mind at all and kind of enjoy talking with people.
    I got into a discussion with a black lady in her 40's outside of a Kohl's store and she came out and asked are you a male or female?
    I said male biologically but more female mentally.
    She was intrigued and asked all kinds of questions which I was more than happy to answer.
    She told me she really couldn't tell in the store and she said all the signs of a girl were there but there was just "something" different.
    I said maybe the hands or adams apple tipped you off and she agreed.
    She did say during our chat that I looked fabulous and very "put together" and I thanked her and said she looked great too.
    Her ride came I helped her load her bags in the trunk. She was really sweet and I hope I gave her a little insight into what being a TG/CD is about.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes for me it does help to talk about especially now that I'm not ashamed of.
    It gets things out in the open

It is always a special occasion when you fell comfortable talking with someone about your crossdressing. Family, friends, old friends, even new friends.
    If you feel comfortable with this girl. YEAH! you have met a very nice friend. Go for it ! in our world, Friends that understand us is priceless.

XOXO Tiffany Amber Rhoades.

Great replies thank you. I actually like it allot, it also helps me mentally think through it. As I continue to evolve, talking about it helps me understand too.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.