Thread: Diet Time!

Diet Time!

I wanted to put on a wedding gown that I have worn before. Sad news for me, it doesn't fit. I now have to get serious about dieting and taking off a couple inches.

Christian

Good luck!

I have lost about 40-50 pounds since I last crossdressed. I never had any problem fitting into women's clothing(I was a dress size 10-12) but I needed to lose the weight. I weighed about 190-195 when I last dressed, now I am in the mid 150s. In my avatar pic I was in the upper 180s. I do wonder how different I will look when I dress again, specifically in my face as I lost a lot of fat in my face. Hoping its not for the worse. It will be nice not having a beer belly anymore though, my stomach is now flat and I have 6 pack abs.

Remember its calories in, calories out. You lose ounces in the gym, and pounds in the kitchen.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    This girl loves exercising, but I hate dieting; and proper dieting contributes more than exercise.
    I diet about a month before a fit-test, drop about eight pounds, makes the run and everything easier.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Well it worked for me but I don't recommend it as an effective diet plan - eat whatever you want for most of your life because it doesn't really show on you, go for a stress on your 51st birthday and leave the hospital the next day with stents. Finally start watching what you eat and drop thirty pounds. On the plus side though, now I'm about a size 8/10

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Yes, got some really nice skirts I havn't worn for a while, tried them on, would they fasten? No way. Diet started there and then.

I always exercised regularly and was more or less careful with my diet but a few months ago I realized that my weight was too high, so it was time for some serious changes. I distrusted most diets as fads but I did find out about the 5/2 fasting diet. For five days of the week I eat reasonably but with an emphasis on fruit and vegetables and a lot of water and i cut back on alcohol. For two days I fast all day and eat a smaller evening meal than normal.

I lost a lot of weight, especially fat from around my tummy and waist. I went down a size in jeans and dresses and it felt wonderful. Also at my annual checkup my doctor found that the various tests performed on my blood etc. all showed excellent numbers well within the healthy range.

You can check out the information on this sort of diet online and make up your own mind if it would be good for you.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Diets and excersize r NOT useful weight loss tools in the long run. Gradual diet change is best for that. Changes u can live with the rest of your life. I did that over 7 seven years ago for health and Sherry's figure reasons. Those 20 pounds r gone for good!

However, if u wish to lose a lot fast for a special event, diets can be very effective. But, expect it all to come back after your swim suit or wedding photo shoot!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I am tossed up!! The pulmonologist said not to lose weight!! But I would love to reduce this waist!! Now I am 40" once was 28"!! I guess I will have to go with the doctor!! I will stay a 20 W!! Hugs Lana Mae

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    I am tossed up!! The pulmonologist said not to lose weight!! But I would love to reduce this waist!! Now I am 40" once was 28"!! I guess I will have to go with the doctor!! I will stay a 20 W!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Don't despair, Lana Mae! I'm a 20W even after losing 30 lbs. this summer! 20 more is my goal, and a size 18 dress size!

Gold Member
    Maybe get a real tight corset. Quicker than a diet.
    Rader

I started the Eat Right For Your Type (blood type) diet a few years ago and dropped several pant sizes. I had a pair of slacks that I couldn't even button - now I can pull them on and off buttoned. I still haven't shaken the belly fat - except for literal shaking when I shake it (no pun intended) - but I'm a lot better off than I was and I eat heartily. I also have a lot more stamina. This diet is not all about weight (fat) loss but about eating foods that your body responds well to.

Yep I need to diet as Helen as a weeks holiday coming up were I can stay dressed all day for 7 days if I so choose. The thing I need to loose are those bulges that appear across the shoulders underneath the arm pits when I do up my corset. They are such a giveaway in almost anything I wear.

I've known I need to loose weight for a while but everything conspires to thwart my efforts. Holidays, weekends with friends, any cake shop I pass! Time to knuckle down and show some determination.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed