Thread: My class reunion; I wanted to but I just couldn't!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Unhappy My class reunion; I wanted to but I just couldn't!

I wanted to tell just a few of my old high school buds and GG's. But, I just couldn't.
    Too worried about where their questions mite go.

Things were so different 50 years ago. Even if they bought that I'm trans, (which I'm not sure I am), I don't think they have a clue what that means.

To them it's not just about the clothes. Any man who could shave his body, put on women's makeup and wig, and wear fake boobs, girdles, and pads has got be gay or sick and twisted. And, thinking about how they would see it made me see it that way, too.

I don't know what else to say------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Sherry!
    I completely connect with what you wrote, also being from the same generation. After coming out to my California children and their friends and being so positively received, decided to come out to our senior ladies group, of which I am the only "male." Boy, did I get blasted as they could not relate to a man in a dress in any positive way. Put me in a downer that took weeks to recover from. Generation gap!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I often have that feeling to let Becky be 100% known to the world, but as with so many others, I end up asking, "what ultimately is the gain?".

My wife could, no, would suffer at work, ( man environment), so I keep quiet for her, more than me.

That's not to say I haven't an element of self-preservation going on too.

Becky
    Last edited by reb.femme; 09-20-2016 at 07:37 AM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Hi, Sherry!! Remember, it is your journey and only you can determine how fast or slow you go forward and whether or not you have to go back and regroup!! So enjoy the journey!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

You did right Sherry.

What would there be to gain by telling old friends? Do you need someone else to talk to? Do you wish to have them become part of Sherry's inner circle (hanging out, participating)?

There are situations where keeping things compartmentalized is a good thing. This is one of those.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Never pass up a chance to remain quiet.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Joni T View Post
    Never pass up a chance to remain quiet.
    Jon
    Joni, your statement could/should be posted as a banner on a lot of these threads.

My university 35 year reunion is coming up soon. The last thing I want to do is shift the focus from 35 years of life to, "Did you hear about the man in the dress......"
    Live and let dress.

Be forgiving of yourself. You do what you can do. Clearly you still have self-acceptance issues (the thoughts you assign to them are thoughts you must believe at some level.) If it makes you unhappy, work on it. It's not a failure because life isn't a test -- it's just what you do.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    I too have day dreamed about what it would be like to attend a class reunion dressed as Lydia. Could be a real hit... or be hit!

Never going to happen though.

I don't think it would be wise to go as a woman if you aren't transsexual. I went to my HS reunion (no problem but I was already "out" to several class mates) and my Vet school reunion. In both cases I was informed I should go, that I was welcome. But as a crossdresser, it would be a different story
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I went to my 40th college reunion a couple of years ago. I got a lot of advice on a thread I posted then to not release Steffi to the class.

However, I broke away from my class a couple to times to go to LGBT events with graduates and alumni. It was actually quite cool.

And the most amazing coincidence happened. This GG woman asked me what class I graduated and I told her Class of 75. She asked if I knew W. I said W. was in my freshman dorm and we were roommates junior year. She thought I was joking, but (I think) I convinced her that I wasn't. She told me W. was her younger brother. Then I thought she was joking. She got ready to leave, and I said, "Wait, who are you." It turned out that she was the president of the university. I checked her out afterwards. She really was.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I escaped from there 50+ years ago. Why in hell would I want to go back?
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

My 50th HS reunion was last year. I didn't go. My 50th College reunion is in 2019. Not going. I was a different person then, and after the long hard journey to become who I am today, I have no desire to go back to who I was, or even be reminded of it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's interesting how in just few words u often get rite to the heart of a matter, Lorileah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I don't think it would be wise to go as a woman if you aren't transsexual. I went to my HS reunion (no problem but I was already "out" to several class mates) and my Vet school reunion. In both cases I was informed I should go, that I was welcome. But as a crossdresser, it would be a different story
    It would be reasonable to assume open minded folks mite get what being TS is about from Jenner's story. Even if they never personally met one.

And, that those same folks mite be creeped out by thots of a CDing man "playing" with the same makeup, bras, forms, and wigs, etc. that a TS uses on a daily basis!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Its interesting how many of feel guilty about dressing and guilty about not dressing...I think we make more of it than it is. If it doesn't feel right at the moment, don't do it. Certainly don't beat yourself up over it.

I have no clue who she was but a woman at a Halloween party two years ago claimed to remember me from high school. I was gonna ask her if she thought I was hotter as a young man or middle aged woman but she left before I had the chance. ;-)