Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Growing your hair out/How to do it in guy mode?

Growing your hair out/How to do it in guy mode?

My hair is getting kinda longish now. I straighten it some when I go to work and it helps it from being too crazy. I wear a hat too or a beanie. But it can still get crazy. The front almost touches my mouth and the back almost to my neck. Nobody knows about Britney so I gotta maintain guy mode.
    Anybody have any tips or tricks. I don't think I could do a pony tail or bun or anything like that.
    Its really cute when I put it up in the front and I really don't wanna cut it like I always do when it gets this long. Argh, why cant we all just be who we want to be!!!

What about a pixie cut with an extra long fringe ? It can be a blokes side part in male mode

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Think like Pink , the musician

Something like this. It can continue to grow and also looks good in boy mode.

tumblr_oa5587SW3q1qg0k0io1_500.jpg

I have long hair. Like down way past my shoulders. In male mode I always have it in a pony tail. If I want to look clean as a male I have my SO put multiple ties in and the front stays very clean. But when fem I can have it in a higher pony or wear it down. Also I have wore it down in male mode with a baseball cap that holds it back. It take a year before it gets real long so good luck and enjoy and get the long ends trimmed about by monthly.
    Part Time Girl

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    I've been growing mine for almost a year. It's finally long enough to put in a "man bun". It's ok for now, still not long enough for me to forego a wig.

When it was shorter, I wore alot of hats (still do) and I also put gel in it and slicked it back.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

Why not a ponytail? Lots of guys who aren't CDers wear their hair in ponytails. Or ... well ... at least, I THINK they're not CDers ...

Not sure having long hair is an issue anymore. I wear my blonde hair very long for a guy it seems. My bangs reach down to my chin and the sides and back are now reaching my shoulder blades. I wear it down all the time. I pretty much only put it up in a ponytail if I am working on one of my vehicles or doing some home repair. So I say, don't worry about it and just grow it!

I just ponytail mine all the time but we're talking half way down my back. You could always do a man-bun (shudder). Not my cup of tea but super popular right now.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Mine is mid back too and I wear a pony tail low or high in boy mode and I have never had a problem.
    I do a bun on top when I sleep or braid ponytails on top and sleep on it.
    by morning I have nice waves in my hair and I can wear it down in a bed head style.
    I have been growing mine out for over 4 years 7 months now.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    *Super sad face
    The military prevents me from growing my hair long.
    I would lover to grow it out.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

i've always had very long hair and it has never been an issue...
    i just wear it in a pony tail in guy mode. friends call me "rock star"
    but i have no musical talent what so ever!! i do get called mam'd
    from time to time and again no problem...
    paula

man-bun during the day

messy girly bun at night
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

I spent a year wearing beanies while my hair was awkward length. I finally got to the point where I could put it in a ponytail and haven't looked back!

Well worth it. I never liked wigs!

I have always preferred my hair longer, mainly because I love heavy metal, and if I can't properly head bang then I get sad. This new found crossdressing is an added bonus.

I would looove to get long hair, but only thing that is keeping me for doing it is myslef actualy. There it fear of what other thinks about it, asking why i am doing that. I should stop care about what ppl think. My life, my hair, I can do whatever i want, right?!! Also that painful care of tangled mess of wig is pretty anoying. Have anyone consider half-back or waist lenght of hers hair? That probably look weird in male mode dont you think?

Reality Check
    Some of us can pull off long hair, some cannot for various reasons. We are all different and in different situations.

I suggest going to a hairdresser for suggestions on how you can wear your hair long as a male (and as a female). Not some young chick who has been cutting hair for six months, but someone who has been around a while and has some maturity. Possibly a gay male.

Banned Spammer
    People actually wear beanies ?
    Those are the little caps with a propeller on top aren't they?
    Lets hope you don't wear the silly knit hats with the ear flaps on them and tassels hanging down or a pokemon hat.

You could always claim that you were going to donate to Locks of Love, a charity that collects hair for children with severe alopecia.

When I was in that position I always found slicking it back was totally acceptable. If you need it to stay neat all day, put in some gel.

Beanies: I think to some of us the term is "watch cap" or "balaclava" though beanies usually aren't cuffed at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I suggest going to a hairdresser for suggestions on how you can wear your hair long as a male (and as a female). Not some young chick who has been cutting hair for six months, but someone who has been around a while and has some maturity. Possibly a gay male.
    It never ends, does it?
    Last edited by Pat; 09-22-2016 at 09:36 AM.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

LOl...believe it or not. I wear my hair in two high pigtails in guy mode. It's a very dark brown, and all one length. Right now, the pigtails reach below my shoulders. I like it because it doesn't get in my way, very manageable and I like how I look. I always dug "Abby Sciuto" from NCIS and I think that's why I originally tried it in the first place. Surprisingly, I felt confident in how I looked, and started to wear it that way all the time. After all these years, I finally found my male look. Ironic. I know. I even go to work like that. I only had one person, my friend's step daughter ask me, "what's up with the pigtails?" I replied, "I don't know. I just dig it. Sorta my thang." To which she gave me a high five. I'm sure i get some raised eyebrows from time to time, but whatever. I think the only person who it really bums out is me mum. At least that's what I hear from my sister. Lol.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

I began growing my dreads two years October. They are down to my shoulder and I love the options that I have with them. I can be whomever I want to be on any given day.
    be sweet for me

-Renae

Banned Spammer
    Thanks Jennie I wasn't sure what a beanie was or what a hat like that is called these days.
    I hate wearing those because they knot my hair up to the point I have to cut the knots out.
    I don't see how some one could wear one in the summer they are way too hot even in winter.

mines braided and reaches my bra strap... but when I started growing it (the 2nd time - as a guy) I did pony-tails with a real scrunchie...something that matched the shirt I was wearing. Just keep the scruntch low - down around the collar. I didn't think hair length was an issue any more (unless your in the food service biz)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    unless your in the food service biz?
    I dont think it is issue either since there are many females in food bussines or factories working with food. They cant discriminate females bcs of long hair

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    You could always claim that you were going to donate to Locks of Love, a charity that collects hair for children with severe alopecia.
    And then you would have to cut it and donate it. Not a good solution.

Having your own long, "girly" hair would be wonderful but long hair will hold you back in some careers. The other disadvantage for those who must conceal their crossdressing but want to go out in public is, a wig is a great disguise. If you have relatively short hair in real life but wear a long wig of a different color than your natural hair, it's going to really throw people off. With your own natural long hair, you look like you with lipstick and eye makeup.