Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Did Open-Mic Stand-Up Comedy En Femme!!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar

I Did Open-Mic Stand-Up Comedy En Femme!!

So I signed up last month for an open-mic spot for this month. I mentioned my dressing up plan once I got a spot; it would’ve been no problem just going in a kilt had they had an issue with it. They said that it would be no problem. Wife was very supportive too.

Boundaries were pushed at the Tacoma Comedy Club last night!

Doors opened up at 7 PM for sign in and the show started at 8. I was fourth in line to go on stage for my three minutes; people get more minutes the more they do it.
    I was sitting on the bed at 5:00 with some female stuff ready to go still deciding whether to actually go thru with dressing up to do this. It would be my very first time doing a solo stand-up (last time was in grade-school in a small group, twice).
    Though not my first time out in public en femme, it would be the first time I interacted with people in public whilst in full-on girl-mode.

Wife asked what I was going to wear if I go dressed up. I told her the red one. She had not seen this one yet. She took it out of the closet, looked at it, and said, “WOW!”

I was more nervous just to get my I.D. checked; I literally almost got back in my truck to leave. I just went inside and did it. The two guys carding people were totally cool, just used my normal voice the entire night. That part could not have gone smoother. So I signed in and took a seat near the side of the stage. I knew where the host would sit, so I sat just behind that table.
    A very nice older lady asked if I put my name in the pitcher. That is for those not scheduled to go up on stage, they put their name in a drawing for several open sots throughout the evening. I just nodded and smiled, she said, “good luck”.

So I’m next! I scoot my seat up beside the host and his wife and whisper, “Who is next?” He says my name. Then in my regular voice, just low volume due to the guy doing his act I say, “That’s me”. He was like, “Oh”, reaches over to shake my hand. He asked about any special introduction, I just wanted him to say it was my first time. Then he asked what pronoun to introduce me as, which was polite. I was like, “he”. Very nice, I started to feel even better now.

Then he goes up to introduce me. Says my name and it’s “his first time”, and I jog up there in my red dress and 4.5 inch Mary Jane heels and the audience somewhat goes wild. There were some “whoots”, definitely some clapping, and I thought I heard some whistling.

I was nervous, and it was obvious. Did all my jokes, only a little pertaining to why I was dressed as a woman. They loved my very last joke I said after my “one minute light warning” lit.

Overall it was a very positive and amazing experience, one that I plan on doing again.
    I firmly believe I was one of the most remembered ones up there that night.

I have some pictures from last night I'll share in the Picture Gallery next week, however none from on stage (I would love to have those); I left my phone in my purse on the table. Plus, it would’ve been weird me taking a selfie up there. They had a video camera pointed towards the stage, so I might be out there, don't know. Only pictures I have were from inside my truck, a few from inside the comedy club (not well lit for obvious reasons), and a few from afterwards.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Alice_2014_B; 09-23-2016 at 02:39 AM.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Sounds like you had fun!

I could never do that, LOL. (Then again, I'm not much of an on-stage performer, even in guy mode.)

So, when is your next performance?

wow! Awesome! next up America's got talent!
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice_2014_B View Post
    ... They loved my very last joke ....
    Do tell!

Platinum Member
    Hi Alice, You are out there now there is no turning back,

Are you going to share the last joke with us ?? ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Good job! Next time you perform I'd love to see the show, Tacoma is super close!

Sounds like you had fun even if nervous. Yes, what was that last joke?? Best wishes for future shows!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Are you going to share the last joke with us??
    Why did the CD'er cross the road?

The last joke is funny only if you hear it really.
    I just said that "Elvis Presley" spelled backwards is, "yelserp sivle".
    Said right and it is funny.

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Banned Read only
    Well, it as absurd. And that is funny

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like a fun time to me.

Well, that was a good 'un! Uoy knaht! Hcum yrev uoy knaht!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I hope you find some stage pics.
    Thanks for sharing.
    It sounded like you had a great time.

Aspiring Member
    Excellent, so very happy for you. Sounds like a great time.

That was amazing! OMG, just going out dress is a big step for me, but going out and on stage! Kudos to you Alice👏👏👏👏!! That took a lot of balls!

You didn't even talk about what jokes you said on stage....Typical Woman, Leaving the best details out... =)

Thanks for the inspirational story! I wish I could have been there to see it, and I hope you do more entertaining

That is sooo awesome, congratulations! You have courage in spades!

Fantastic story!

Dani

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How cool, Alice. Good for u! Your SO wasn't there to support u and take photos?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Well done Alice. I've got a million silly stories that I've been meaning to string together for a comedy routine, just haven't the courage to stand up and deliver it!

My joke lineup

I started out with like, "bet you're all glad you came here tonight, especially you all in front."

Told them how I'm pretty much a normal guy, I'll let a silent but deadly fart go in bed and woft it up for the wife to enjoy.

Political joke:
    "Why do they put a Charlie Chaplin stache on president's faces? I think Chaplin is one of the funniest."

Sex joke I cannot share here, but it was great.

Then I joked about a stupid television commercial.

Then I finished up with the Elvis Presley I mentioned already.

Wife was very supportive, but not ready to go see.

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Well done - thanks for sharing

After the comedy club I went to Castle Mega store to check out some high heels.
    Then I enjoyed a smoke in an empty parking lot before heading home and thanking my wife.

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

I've been planning a stand up open mic too! Seems like a good place to poke fun at crossdressing while crossdressed, which reflects for me the fact that I get that I clearly look like what I am- a guy who really wants to have the fun of crossdressing, p-erhaps had some wires crossed somewhere- but is harmless.
    We are all beautiful...!

That is way Awesome. So whats next? wouldn't be surprised you becoming a Seattle celebrity.